New direction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New direction

Ok, since there was half success and half failure regarding the Integrated Settings Testing. I'm going to change direction to my strategy. I am still trying to opt for consistency across Public arenas but at a different angle.

-There will be a Pure Public every uneven Public. So, the first Public will be Pure, as well as the third, and so on. This means every second arena will be non-Pure, and thus have Leviathans in them.

-All Pure Public arenas will have private frequencies disabled. This is to try to raise competition and players working together to achieve victory. If you want to private freq, you may do so in non-Pure Public arenas.

Reasoning behind this;

It would damage our playerbase if we kept the new Leviathan and opened Pure Publics to Leviathans. That wasn't the end result I hoped for, but that's what you get when you test. That means Pure Publics are here to stay. However, they will be opened in every uneven Public arena. Therefore the first, third, fifth etc Public arena will be Pure.

This means players will not get automatically be filtered into a Pure Public arena (assuming they're not both full). There will be an even chance to be placed into a Pure and Non-Pure Public arena. This will result in players having to choose if they want good basing or not.

For all Pure Publics, private frequencies will be taken out. This will increase competition and ensure you have to work as a team, to achieve victory in the games.

Finally;

I believe this option will satisfy everyone involved. Leviathans will remain the same as they have for years, and basers now have more arenas in which they can opt to play chaotic Public basing, the best kind.

If you have any questions and the like, feel free to contact me in-game, or here.
    "What is it? Um . . . what do you want it to be?" ?€”Juzba, Izzet tinker
    • Shark
    • Dicer
    • Sager
    • Trench Wars Map Uploader

Originally posted by Chao.
    If you really want to promote basing, Moot, just disable priv. freqs in ALL pubs. That way even if they lt they can do it on a team.
    Repeated from other thread.
    help: (qg) (javs): i think my isp is stealing internet from me.

What's the difference between chopping an onion and chopping a baby? I cry when I chop onions. Type ?go Jav -Chao <ER>
    MegamanEXE> Chao
    MegamanEXE> I came from watching Hockey to say this
    (Sefarius)> ....
    (Hate The Fake)> LOL
    MegamanEXE> You are sick
    MegamanEXE> Good day

Comment

Good stuff Moot

Now is there any possible way to kick people out of spectator? Say after 15-20 minutes?

Thus more people will be able to play and therefore more kills

The amount of people in spectator now days is a joke if you ask me!
      Hirluin is now known on TW as Hirluin! <ZH>

New Zealand - home of the best Trench Wars players in the world!

DJ Hirluin on TW Radio

My awesome MySpace page :)

Comment

Gammabot3 already does that.

And the small weasel still blows.
        Originally posted by Tone
        It is now time for the energy shift of the 7th root race to manifest on the 3D physical plane and uplift us back to 5D.
        Originally posted by the_paul
        Gargle battery acid fuckface
        Originally posted by Material Girl
        I tried downloading a soundcard

Comment

Originally posted by Mootland Farmer View Post
          This means players will not get automatically be filtered into a Pure Public arena (assuming they're not both full). There will be an even chance to be placed into a Pure and Non-Pure Public arena. This will result in players having to choose if they want good basing or not.
          Very happy about this, have begged for it for a long time.
          afksry

Comment

Weasels will be back to normal when I have time to sit down with PL and work out the settings.
            "What is it? Um . . . what do you want it to be?" ?€”Juzba, Izzet tinker
            • Shark
            • Dicer
            • Sager
            • Trench Wars Map Uploader

Comment

nice moot
              1:Kthx> Hey Cower ill let you play the next game if you can name me five medieval weapons.
              1:Cower> Sword
              1:Kthx> ok
              1:Cower> Axe
              1:Kthx> WAIT, YOU GOT IT
              1:Cower> ?
              1:Kthx> GET OFF THE CHAT

Comment

Time race.. :kiss:
                Only the loyal count.

Comment

no, no. i want levis and big cloaks back AND play in a pure pub at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by Fluffz View Post
                    no, no. i want levis and big cloaks back AND play in a pure pub at the same time.
                    :crying:
                    Da1andonly> man this youghurt only made me angry

5:ph> n0ah will dangle from a helicopter ladder and just reduce the landscape to ashes by sweeping his beard across it

Comment

You still need to give people more reasons why they would want to play in publics.

Comment

A few things that could help pub: have an automatic autowarp for everyone at the start of every new round of basing. Right now I see 2 out of 20 people on a freq who use autowarp. To me this shows 90% of the players either do not know or do not care about getting the flag, and the other 10% usually just wants to be a jav..
                        And maybe limit the amount of javs allowed on a team to 4 or 5. And let a bot keep a collection of amount of teamkills, after 5 teamkills a jav gets switched automaticly to a wb/spider, then someone else can play as jav if they want to.. I'm sure someone can make a bot do that! :P

Just trying to contribute here!

Comment

Everyone is just going to go into the purepub arenas like they do now. Nobody plays in the regular arenas.
                          -Bubbles
                          Phillie> lag isnt skill btw F-35
                          Kthx> yes it is, newbie.

Comment

This sounds good
                            Originally posted by bubbles19518 View Post
                            Everyone is just going to go into the purepub arenas like they do now. Nobody plays in the regular arenas.
                            acctually they do. I like the regular areans. One request tho.
                            Please please please please please add the timed game to some of the non-pure pubs.
                            Rediscover online gaming. Get Subspace

Mantra-Slider> you like it rough
                            Kitty> true

I girl with BooBiez> OH I GET IT U PRETEND TO BE A MAN

Flabby.tv - The Offical Flabby Website

Comment

How about:
                              0 = Pure pub
                              1 = Timed, free pub
                              2 = Free pub

From there either circle it around, or only have one timed free pub.

From there just save the population from each arena, to find out who goes where, and then either remove free or timed free pubs from the default entry list.
                              Da1andonly> man this youghurt only made me angry

5:ph> n0ah will dangle from a helicopter ladder and just reduce the landscape to ashes by sweeping his beard across it

Comment

Working...
                              X