was thinking about this proposal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• was thinking about this proposal

sitting here when i started wondering about population decreasing again. After looking at TWL squads, and ones who qualified, i looked at the rosters and noticed how every vet surrounds them selves with other vets and so on. Nothing uncommon, but i figure what would happen if each squad was limited to a certain number of skilled players per roster.

What if each squad had a strict limit to about 35 players, and each player had a certain level which could be determined by their dd/jd/bd statistics.

For example, if you dd alot, and you have a negative average, your a lvl 1, someone decent average a lvl 2, positive record is lvl 3, and so outstanding recs are lvl 4. saying that, wouldnt this improve games before twl?

if rosters would be limited to about 10 lvl 4's, 10 lvl 3's and so on, and a limited roster of 35, than maybe we would have more squads that are actually good...and twl would be more fun with more hard core competition?

With a requirment of some lvl 1 players on rosters would be a positive in the long run because they would get to hang with skilled players, who would with time promote the game by showing no namers, (not complete newbs) how to play, and hopefully make them stay playing.

I started thinking about myself, and knowing my skill level, how hard it is to get into a good squad (hopefully not because i suck) but because im a no namer. Few vets that know me would know how good i am, and same with me, knowing some players who are good and half of tw never heard of em, is a waste of players who want to keep playing.

i know this is just expressing what i think, but i hope some system would be made, to increase population within the players of the game, not by change in pub maps.

i await the day i see more than 50 people play elim again, and i think if good vets gave chances to otgher players, they would have a reason to come on and get better. At least thats what i think.

dont try to start shit, just give me your opinion on this.

thanks o/
    Call me Hadoken cus' Im down right FIERCE

What happens when enough level 1 and 2 players become level 3 or higher? With that system, you would have to axe some of your players because they have become too good. It would also contribute to more squad instability because of forced roster changes.

Also, how would you define the rating of the squads that you play against? Certainly you cannot give the same level to a player who has a 2:1 record if he has only played against the bottom squads, when compared to someone who has a 2:1 record and has only played against the top squads.

Overall, a decent idea from a pure statistical viewpoint, but bad when used as a means to limit players on squad rosters.
    Last edited by Darkmoor; 02-25-2007, 06:36 PM.

Comment

It has something good, but I agree with Darkmoor about forcing rosters and axing people.

Comment

good idea, but not well thought out enough I think
        (\ (\
        ( ^_^)
        (_(")(")

last.fm
        "I like my coffee black, just like my metal."

Comment

Premier League does something similar where players are rated once per season. This would work better imo.
          -Dave

Comment

I take a shit on your idea.

Comment

If only we had salaries, then we could just have a salary cap.
              afksry

Comment

Had 700 players today. year-round league anyone?
                offline during quicksand's victory in twld which made us the first squad to have an undefeated TWL season while winning every game 4v5.

Comment

But still royCE, the top players are mainly 3 leagued vets, so they not so good players will be on the bench the top players, it'll just be the same. And also why would vets who've got skill and a name for someone wnat to be getting frustrated by the likes of some syne newb running into 5 people.
                  Best warbird to ever enter trenchwars

Comment

People would also just play crappy on purpose so even if they're good players in a good squad, they'd have 10 players in each, lvl 1 to 4, and turn out to pwn out TWL
                    3:Wax> ard and i snapchat all the time
                    3:Wax> we play virtually tummysticks
                    3:i.d.> da fk is that?
                    3:Ardour> we basically are each others personal psychologist
                    3:Shadowmere> i.d., Wax breaks keyboards playing SubSpace. Best not ask him what anything is.
                    3:Wax> Tummy sticks is the situation, commonly referred to as a game, in which two erect men cuddle closely and face-to-face causing their two erect penises, or sticks, to push upwards between their stomachs, or tummys.
                    3:Wax> Sticks combine with tummys, hence the name "tummy sticks."
                    3:Shadowmere> LOL
                    3:i.d.> Oddly, that's close to what I thought it was...

Best> I never cooked a day in my life

Deft> beat by a guy who plays ss on his cellphone
                    Shadowmere> Rofl
                    Up in ya !> With his feet
                    Deft> no kidding, redefining l44t
                    Up in ya !> l44t feet
                    Deft> l44t f44t*
                    Up in ya !> Twinkle toes
                    Deft> he had l33t f33t but he practiced

Comment

Royce, your idea does have something behind it, but it's uncontrived and will never work due to a lot of reasons
                      1:Kthx> Hey Cower ill let you play the next game if you can name me five medieval weapons.
                      1:Cower> Sword
                      1:Kthx> ok
                      1:Cower> Axe
                      1:Kthx> WAIT, YOU GOT IT
                      1:Cower> ?
                      1:Kthx> GET OFF THE CHAT

Comment

This idea sucks =/
                        Erathia> IF YOU SPIDERS CONTINUE CAMPING I WILL BAN YOU AND CALL IT RACISM

SeRtIfi> What's the point of going out with friends everyday just to hang out when I meet them in school and sometimes on weekends anyways, if I can play in SubSpace with them?

Comment

I only see this working if you implement a "grandfathering" system as well. While it it will prevent you from adding extra people to your roster, it would allow your current player base to stay.

I actually kinda like the idea... just don't think it'd work out too well.
                          DELETED

Comment

What about putting quota?

Like athlets who have to qualify for Championchips. (runners have to run a specific time...)

Maybe something like: you can only play TWL games if you're able to stay above a specific ratio in the 3 different TWD disciplines.
                            Ofcourse it's easy to get these ratio's if you're in a good squad and you only challenge weak squads, but something could be done there...
                            I don't know how to put this but I'm kind of a big deal...

Comment

Originally posted by Ward View Post
                              Royce, your idea does have something behind it, but it's uncontrived and will never work due to a lot of reasons
                              Historically the phenomena of perpendicular amalgamation is obviously indicative of veritable cornucopias of proliferant chrysanthemums. Objectively, my predisposition is commensurate to innumerable conflagrations of antediluvian jurisprudents.

PS: Dicks.
                              Originally posted by Tone
                              It is now time for the energy shift of the 7th root race to manifest on the 3D physical plane and uplift us back to 5D.
                              Originally posted by the_paul
                              Gargle battery acid fuckface
                              Originally posted by Material Girl
                              I tried downloading a soundcard

Comment

Working...
                              X