i keep getting d/c from ss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i keep getting d/c from ss

Hi. I have a problem and would be greatful if someone could help me.

I always get d/c from ss about every 10 mintues. It happens all day and I am really sick of it . I have already reinstalled ss 3 times now so I don't think ss is the problem. My cable always goes out once a day for around 20 minutes. Out of 4 computer that are hooked up in my network at home mine is the only one that gets d/c from ss. My mother has spent countless hours trying to figure out what the F is wrong. WE have bought a new cable modem and roater box, but nothing has seemed to work. Could the drivers be the problem? I am not sure what the problem is. If you can understand what I am saying plz help. ty.

-Heatha
    ()_()
    (0.o)
    (")(")

Maybe your new "fast" cable is not fast enough. Lag...
    - Acid Tank

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." -Kurt Cobain

Comment

Originally posted by Acid Tank
      OMFGZ SHUT UP! SHUT UP! SHUT UP! I CAN'T TAKE YOUR IDIOCY ANY LONGER! AHHHHHHHHH!

MG, I'll do a little research and get back to you.

[edit]Wow, I referred to Heatha as Material Girl. Sorry about that.[/edit]
      Last edited by Jason; 02-28-2003, 07:55 PM.
      jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Acid Tank
        Well like I said its only my computer out of 4 computers that has trouble staying connected on ss.

Also when I am about to spike on ss the cable modem box hums and when the spike has passed the humming stops.
        ()_()
        (0.o)
        (")(")

Comment

I have the same Fing problem but today it seems to have calmed, but now i have ploss :

Comment

Well now I only get d/c about once every 30 minutes :/. I have the craziest lag ever though. I love it.
            ()_()
            (0.o)
            (")(")

Comment

Originally posted by Heatha
              Well like I said its only my computer out of 4 computers that has trouble staying connected on ss.

Also when I am about to spike on ss the cable modem box hums and when the spike has passed the humming stops.

Are all 4 computers using the net simultaneously? If they are, then there is a possibilty that there is a contention for the bandwidth.

And less likely there might be a problem with the cable that is connected to the cable modem, by that I mean it could be cable itself or a lose connection.

I hope this would help.
              Wont die, no surrender 2

Comment

Four computer can use internet with connection like this: DSL 256/256. I had connection like that and we had few times a lan patries and we had four computers online.
                - Acid Tank

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." -Kurt Cobain

Comment

Well four computers are hooked up to the net but not all of the are always on at the same time. Most of the time it is just me that is on :/. So far some of my mother's techy friends have come to the conclusion that my router is the problem. I think i need to pconfig with the software or something.
                  ()_()
                  (0.o)
                  (")(")

Comment

Originally posted by Jason
                    OMFGZ SHUT UP! SHUT UP! SHUT UP! I CAN'T TAKE YOUR IDIOCY ANY LONGER! AHHHHHHHHH!

MG, I'll do a little research and get back to you.

[edit]Wow, I referred to Heatha as Material Girl. Sorry about that.[/edit]
                    I am material girl. We are the same person. Just ask her.
                    ()_()
                    (0.o)
                    (")(")

Comment

Bleh, I get the same problem, d/c at least twice per hour now, its annoying when I have to play twd match :'( lag out right in the middle

If you find a solution, or an ez fix, I'd be glad to know ^_^
                      www.liveforspeed.net

Comment

does it actually matter how many ppl r shared on ur internet connection to have u lagged out or trench wars or d/c?
                        Dsin> moi
                        Kian> moi
                        Dsin> wanna hear good news kian?
                        Kian> I GOT MY LICENSE TODAY
                        Kian> ok ur turn

Comment

I know how you feel. I get that every now and again...

I am about to get cable internet, with 3 computers hooked up to a wireless network.... My ss wont be affected too?..........

QUESTION:......
                          PLAYBACK:Are you Set It Off?
                          SET IT OFF: Are you playback?

EDIT:question.

Comment

Working...
                          X