Home Field Advantage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home Field Advantage?

I just had a crazy idea going home on the bus today...

I know this won't work for TWL-J or TWL-B because it's just to hard to make sure standards are up, but what about TWL-D?

Okay here's the idea. We have standards for a TWLD map. Say it must be smaller than X and the middle must be Y large and contain only astroids. Then the rest can be whatever you want as long as tight spaces are limited, and there aren't too many blocks (so fps doesn't go down significantly). Also warpdoors and wormholes wouldn't be allowed.

Now you have standardized arenas, that still can be personalized. Let every squad have their own if they wish (or they can use the standard arenas). Then have 1/2 the games in the season for each squad "home field". These home arenas can also be home field advantage for playoffs!

Do people even care enough to try this idea at all or look at it further?

-Epi
    Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
    www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
    www.animeslice.com

its a fun idea... of course it should be regulated strictly to make sure no squad has a huge significant advantage

its like the RSHL does you know? i think itll be cool
    Mayo Inc. - We should change god's name to "Tod"... see if there's any followers. - Mattey

Comment

Or we could focus on getting the league STARTED, making it run EFFICIENTLY, and let the competition give us pleasure instead of pretty arenas.
      1:koan> indy is like being skinny and liking weird music
      1:tRICERATOPS> just a bunhc of faggots is all being indy is
      1:koan> we cant talk about this infront of castro
      1:koan> he's going to see this and be like WTFZ im a skinny vegeterian white dude with selective music tastes

Comment

Its a good idea.. but. You need to make strict rules. So that one team doesnt get to much advantage from there arena.. A dueling area shouldnt be too full with things.
        Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

proj im sure this idea didnt take away time from the preparation of twl.

i seriously doubt one day push came on and epi was like

Epi> i got this idea man but i cant get it outta my head
          THE PUSHER> oh yeah? well lets not do anything until we get it sorted out
          Epi> dude thats the plan. it hurts my brain
          THE PUSHER> its ok epi we'll delay the start of TWL just for this idea
          Epi> oh yeah its special arenas for each squad!
          THE PUSHER> thats a good idea but lets talk about it. we'll put twl off for a few more months ok?
          Epi> duh

it just didnt happen
          Mayo Inc. - We should change god's name to "Tod"... see if there's any followers. - Mattey

Comment

Aside from the fact that it's an HZ rip-off, I like it.

[edit]If you end up doing it, please set a filesize limit on the lvz. Some of the arenas in HZ have gaudy bitmap graphics at center ice that make for a lengthy download. I'd hate to see a squad map in TWL with shitty graphics plastered everywhere that takes me five minutes to download. [/edit]
            Last edited by Jason; 03-01-2003, 06:37 PM.
            jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

Yeah. I always hate it when people host in ?go zwarriors and I'm on a new computer.

Comment

i like idea as long as the map is within reason.. (like said before)
                MODERATOR WARNING: YOU ARE TOO SEXY TO PLAY, PLEASE UNF THE NEAREST EVENT REF FOR SELF GRATIFICATION :D -Mr. 420 <ER>

MODERATOR WARNING: You have been violating female players with sexual slurs! This is against TW rules, Refrain or you will be silenced -Tigerex

MODERATOR WARNING: Do Not Spam -Dimboy <ER>

Comment

Originally posted by THE PUSHER
                  I will be announcing the teams that will be participating in TWL Season 6 in the next couple of days.
                  This was posted on 2-15-03. Several threads below this.
                  1:koan> indy is like being skinny and liking weird music
                  1:tRICERATOPS> just a bunhc of faggots is all being indy is
                  1:koan> we cant talk about this infront of castro
                  1:koan> he's going to see this and be like WTFZ im a skinny vegeterian white dude with selective music tastes

Comment

Lemme make a map that takes 30 mins to download, all squadmates have dl'ed it before, but the other squad gets a no-show!
                    6:megaman89> im 3 league veteran back off

Originally posted by Dreamwin
                    3 league vet

Comment

Originally posted by Project
                      This was posted on 2-15-03. Several threads below this.
                      he did so announce returning teams!

Comment

actualy a great and fun idea think it'd make it more interesting
                        _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

This idea rocks
                          I'd rather be SubSpacing.

Comment

I like this idea.
                            1:Necromotic> my belt has a pokemon on it

1:Tigerex> My Belt has a decapitated Badger on it. Can i be in your sig please

Comment

agreed
                              The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
                              All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

Working...
                              X