Newbie here, with {probably} obvious questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie here, with {probably} obvious questions

Okay, first, what *is* the TWL, exactly? How does it work? I do not belong to a squad and have no intention of becoming part of one; do I have any business here? I am assuming that the TWD somehow runs and maintains ratings of "skills" of individual players compared to others. I have to admit, for all the nice-looking code, the main page doesn't seem to have much info for someone who just wandered in from the interstellar void.

Regards, and please don't fry me to a crisp,

Quinch

{edited... TWL, not TWD. I'm an idiot. Excuse me.}
    "You're blue. You're not standing still. I'm sorry, but you're dead."

"What I wouldn't give for X-radar on a Spider..."

Both TWL and TWD are for squads.

TWD is basically a rating system for squads. Squads play in and their rating can goes up and down based on how they do. But it's more of just for fun and to get some practice in for the real thing, which is TWL.

TWL is run like any professional sport, with a regular season and playoffs. There are set matches, rather than just play whenever like twd, and only the returning squads from last TWL and the top ranked new squads in TWD will be allowed to join.

TWD is new and, while very impressive, TWL has been going on for a few years and is considered the one that counts for the squads that care about leagues.

Comment

Oh... so essentially, as someone who's not merely squadless but actually plays on a solo frequency at every opportunity, I am definitely in the wrong place?

Comment

Yes, since it's designed around squad competition

Comment

For solo competition, your best bet is to ?go elim or ?go baseelim if you didn't know already. Elim and baseelim have individual rankings which can be viewed from the main site www.trenchwars.org.

But be forwared, both these arenas can become considerably lame.
          Jav Guide: Jav Guide

Too bad you have to be a pallie to see it

Comment

"Lame" in which way?

Comment

annoying and frustrating in some cases. also it can be filled with some stupid people
              Mayo Inc. - We should change god's name to "Tod"... see if there's any followers. - Mattey

Comment

Err, Mayo, that.. doesn't really tell me much. Or anything, actually.

Comment

Elim and Baseelim is an automated arena run by bots which allows for individual competition. The stats are kept on the www.trenchwars.org website or by sending a private message ("!rank", or "!rank <playername") to "Robo Ref" in elim and "Robo_Ref" in baseelim.

The reason why it can get lame is because people will do anything they can do to win. This includes spawning you, hiding, and running. Also people tend to whine a lot.

-Epi
                  Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
                  www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
                  www.animeslice.com

Comment

if you are looking to get into twd, just look around at some squads and see if they are interested. if you want to learn how to base, ?go base. you probably wont get picked for a while but watch and see how each ship is used and practice it in pub. evnetually you will get a chance and who knows how it would go from there. the above will also work for jav or warbird, just switch base with elim or baseelim.
                    To all the virgins, Thanks for nothing
                    brookus> my grandmother died when she heard people were using numbers in their names in online games.. it was too much for her little heart

Comment

change your name now while u still can
                      Ripper>cant pee with a hard on
                      apt>yes u can wtf
                      apt>you need to clear the pipes after a nice masturbation
                      apt>i just put myself in a wierd position
                      apt>so i dont miss the toilet
                      Ripper>but after u masterbaition it usually goes down
                      apt>na
                      apt>ill show you pictures
                      apt>next time I masturbate

Comment

This is the story of a little boy..

Once there was a boy called squinch.. He used to play the game called subspace.

He would come to the ?go #mythrandir arena and anoy the shit out the people in there who just want a quiet and nice game of basing.. Then the people went like. FU OFF SQUINCH YOUR ANOYING.. Squinch wasnt the only name of this lillte guy.. He was also known as Toxicon.. ect. OR it was Th@ Kill@.. we couldnt quite figure this out.. But every time he would come online and pm like every squad about 30 times to ?go #mythrandir.. One day he had enough and quit.. He is probably playing under a different name right now..

The whole point in this story is.. Change your name. your name looks to much like Squinch, wich was a very annoying person..
                        Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

you talk too much, shut up

Asia Minor> see you sunday fuckers
                          Asia Minor> maybe not
                          Asia Minor> i hope you guys lose
                          bloodzombie> I hope your mom fucks you while you sleep
                          bloodzombie> every time you have a wet dream, it's really your mom fucking you
                          bloodzombie> remmeber that next time
                          bloodzombie> seriously

Comment

Regardless, welcome to the ride, Quinch. You can take a seat on the bus next to me any time.

Not the one on my right, though. No one takes the right seat, ever.
                            Music and medicine, I'm living in a place where they overlap.

Comment

Quiet Galleleo.

Btw, Quinch, if you're only soloing TW probably isn't the best zone for you. In my opinion the settings only really shine if you try the team play.

Comment

Working...
                              X