laptop with f'd up screen..help me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• laptop with f'd up screen..help me

some drunk bastard in my gf's dorm stepped on the back of her laptop when closed..she doesnt really have money and her family wont help out..so she has to use it w/ a really messed up screen. sony doesnt cover it under warranty or anything like that..they will charge 699$ to fix it..plus other lil charges..way too much.

so, isnt there a way to hook up the laptop to a monitor and a keyboard?( i know there is a spot for a mouse to connect, but am not sure about a keyboard) its a sony vaio fxa or something.

thx for the help u computer savvy people u
    I agree.

Re: laptop with f'd up screen..help me

Originally posted by banzi fuq
    some drunk bastard in my gf's dorm
    hmm..

Comment

Moved to Tech Support - ConcreteSchlyrd
      Music and medicine, I'm living in a place where they overlap.

Comment

Yeah, there should be a little 15-pin connector, probably on the back of the laptop, with blue plastic surrounding the pin holes. That's where you hook a monitor up to. Also, you might have to do a toggle when it starts up so that it uses the external monitor--most laptops don't automatically start using the external port to conserve energy. Usually, it's a key combo (Alt-Something or Fn-Something) using a function key. Like Alt-F8 or Fn-F7... look on the function keys for something that looks like a little monitor or something--they usually try to make it pretty dummy-proof. Anyways, when you boot up, press that combo two or three times until you see your monitor start up.

Then it's popsicle time.
        Music and medicine, I'm living in a place where they overlap.

Comment

Or maybe a docking station is also an solution..

Greetings,
          Greets,
          Roger

Comment

Has she tried busking?
            Originally posted by Facetious
            edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

Working...
            X