TWD Awards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWD Awards

Hi. The way it appears to me is that TWD could become much more of a timing game. A squads rating could be circumstantially high or low IE a wave of activity of good players causes a squads rating to go up, or a wave of inactivity causes a rating to go down. So clearly there are certain other things to be looked at besides who's #1 when the timer stops. How about we recognize more than the #1 squad at the end of TWD? I was thinking of recognizing squads for their achievements throughout as well as at the end of TWD. Also players should get a little recognition for their achievements as well. Here are a couple of categories:

TWD Champions - The squads at the top of each ladder at the end of TWD.

Longest Stay at #1 - self explanitory, whoever holds it longest gets this.

Best Record - Squad with the highest Wins/Loses quotient. Maybe a category for Most wins as well

Highest Rating Achieved - Say Elusive reaches 1400 in dueling at a certain point in TWD but Pallies ends up winning with a 1250 rating at the end. Elusive deserves recognition for their once high rating. (only using the two squads that came to my mind first as an example).

Most Improved - A squad that had a significantly low rating, but worked hard and improved it over time (this one's kinda shitt)

TWD Most Valuable Baser - Give the player who has accumulated the most points in TWBD this award. This is kind of unfair to players who are designated sharks or terrs for a squad, but people who consistently contribute 20k points to a team should get some sort of recognition.

TWD Most Valuable Javer/Dueler - I thought of two ways to determine this, one is best kills:deaths ratio, the second is most kills. The reason ratio might be better is because player A could have played 50 times as many games as player B, while player A dies a lot more, he has more kills because of his massive amount of game time. Player B on the other hand racks up kills in a significantly less amount of games, not enough to surpass player A, but his deaths are much lower as well. I dunno maybe 2 separate awards?

I just thought of all this stuff pretty quickly so people should ad to it, criticize it, but I think it would be a cool thing to be done. All my awards are dependent on numbers, so there's no real personal bias like there would be with an all-star game or something. Is this idea plausible? Do the matchbots have all the necessary data needed to determine who gets what award?

Just thinking out loud :P
    Mayo Inc. - We should change god's name to "Tod"... see if there's any followers. - Mattey

official awards would be cool.
    (voted on by the people)
    The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
    All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

sounds good.

we have most, if not all of the data required to do this sort of thing.

i'm giving myself and ryang the 'BESTESS SAHRK EVAR' awards though.

Comment

Originally posted by Kookie
        official awards would be cool.
        (voted on by the people)
        Thats been tried in Eeks' 'Dreamteams' thread and it descended into anarchy
        Originally posted by Facetious
        edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

I think a better way to determine MVP over all is to look at the win/loss ratio of the rounds or matches they've played in.
          I'd rather be SubSpacing.

Comment

I don't think that official awards should be voted on by the people....but rather by the ones who've organized TWD themselves, start with nominations, and work it like the Oscars...players would get better recognition that way.
            Ну вот...

Comment

well, you can just gimme the best dueler award right now, just to save some time.
              DELETED

Comment

Unless Mythrandir is about to change the policy, from what I know TWD will NEVER end.

It's just a dueling ladder. Dueling ladders are not meant to ever end. That's why it automated.

Perhaps it might help if games older than say 2 months were deleted or something so that the rating differences don't get too ridiculous, but as it stands, TWD does not ever end. TWL ends, and TWL will have awards

-Epi
                Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
                www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
                www.animeslice.com

Comment

According from what I heard.. TWD starts over after TWL started.

The awards wouldnt be that cool ( becuase I probably wont get one)

Joking, Its a great idea those awards.. Just be sure you thought them out very good.
                  Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

Nice idea Mayo

of course hard to do...unless a program will auto take the info and parse it

you could do it for each ship?

so for sharks they have w/l ratio, and or most w/l
                    same for terrs

maybe a good stat for terrs would be their teams w/l % when they are terring

javs/spiders the same....w/l and kills

have to have a search capability to combine only the certain catagories.....

its writable...
                    Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Comment

Cloests base match in history award?

EDIT: (I just wanna be a winner :P)
                      The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
                      All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

I think the structure of TWD makes it more difficult to give awards than say TWL would.

Comment

I was under the impression that TWD would have an ending...

1:Mayo Inc.> myth
                          1:Mayo Inc.> is TWD gonna have an ending?
                          1:Mythrandir> yes, somewhere in the middle of TWL

suck on that Epi you stupid son of a bitch.

I thought of another award - Most MVPs in each of the 3 Divisions.

THIS IS A GOOD IDEA.
                          Mayo Inc. - We should change god's name to "Tod"... see if there's any followers. - Mattey

Comment

Originally posted by Troll King
                            I think the structure of TWD makes it more difficult to give awards than say TWL would.
                            Lies... matchbots have all this data in their brains... it's all numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by Kookie
                              Cloests base match in history award?

EDIT: (I just wanna be a winner :P)
                              1 damn kill....but Bohemians and No Surrender had a closer match..10 points.
                              Ну вот...

Comment

Working...
                              X