• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWEL Season 5

TWEL Season 5 is about to start!

Season 5, finally!

A few changes have been made.
    First of all the ending date of the regular season is already known.
    The league ends september the 23rd and is starts TODAY!

The play-offs will be held differently then last season.
    On 25th of september at 3 pm EST the top 16 players in all 3 leagues will be invited for TWEL Season 5 play-offs.
    Those play-offs will be held over 2 sundays.
    First sunday 1/8th and 1/4th final will be played
    Second sunday 1/2 and the finals!
    (this might be adjusted a little, but will be announced well before the regular season ends)

If a player doesn't show up for his/her play-off game he forfeits his match.
    All play-off duels will be held to 10 deaths.

That's it for now.
    Good luck to all duelers and enjoy TWEL Season 5!

Tera
    Trench Wars Moderator
    TW Gallery Admin
    TWEL Operator
    aka ronaldo

Hurray!

Comment

Few questions:
      1) What type of rating system will be implemented?
      2) Is there anywhere that we can check our position in the tables?

Comment

Originally posted by MetalHeadz View Post
        Few questions:
        1) What type of rating system will be implemented?
        2) Is there anywhere that we can check our position in the tables?
        1) the same as last season, I dont know the exact formula, I'd have to look that up for you if you really want to know badly
        2) http://www.trenchwars.org/TWEL is the place to look up your rank in the tables

unfortunately www.twextreme.org is no longer working
        Trench Wars Moderator
        TW Gallery Admin
        TWEL Operator
        aka ronaldo

Comment

I think playoffs were better when players were free to duel whenever they wanted...

I've got quite a bit of free time now that I'm working full time and doing school part time... I'll program the playoff stuff (again) if we start doing playoffs the way I had come up with when I was forced out of my position as TWEL Head Operator :-P.

The way I saw it happening was a completely automated system. One month for qualifying, top 32 wb/jav top 16 spider made it into tournament (fixed limits instead of the 2.5% closest to a power of 2), and 3 or 4 days for each person to get their match done before it got automatically decided. That'd result in cycles of about 1 1/2 months which keeps the player's attention.

In the current format, you'll have some people start playing seriously now and get into the top whatever for the tournament then they'll get tired waiting, won't play, and half will come back after the tournament has started saying "where's my spot?" after you kicked them out because you thought they were inactive (if you don't kick the people who haven't dueled in a long time out, you end up with 25-50% of the first round matches being forfeited due to a player not showing up which results in the people further down the list being pissed at not making it into the tournament).

j.m.h.o.a.t.s.g.t.w.e.l.o.e.
          Ban Ikrit

Comment

Working...
          X