1 minute lagout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1 minute lagout

As someone who recently downgraded to 56k. I find it impossible to get back in time for the current 1 minute lagout time given in the duel arena. If someone calls me and it disconnects me, by the time I reconnect I have already lost the duel. I was up 3-0 in a duel yesterday, got a call and it disconnected me. I reconnected as fast as I could and came back to find out the duel ended 20 seconds ago. I feel the the time should be extended to 2-3 minutes, a large portion of the players in TW still play on dial-up. I know this will probably be flamed with "Get a real connection" and "That's what you get for being a laggot" posts, just because those people live in a large city and have access to broadband, well........ _!_
    Indulgence

i'll one up you and say "get rid of your phone"
    NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

Originally posted by Jerome Scuggs View Post
      i'll one up you and say "get rid of your phone"
      im gonna elaborate a bit farter.... why would you need a land line number for people to dial to you anymore? unless you dont have a cell phone... and if you dont have a cell phone... daggone, youre roughing it

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

Agreeing with the get a connection part, also for a bit of constructive critisicm. Some people when they're losing, leave because they get mad. Most people find it quite annoying to have to wait even that 1 minute for the game to end, let alone any longer.
        "People fear what they can't understand, hate what they can't conquer."

"Cherry blossoms in the Spring, and starry skies in the Summer. The Autumn brings the full moon. The Winter brings the snow. These things make Sake taste good. If you don't like Sake, then there is something wrong with you." Seijuro Hiko

Comment

is that your call waiting disconnecting you? if i remember my dial-up days correctly you can disable call waiting by adding a couple digits to the isp number

Comment

he means he picks up the horn when he's in trouble and calls it 'being called'
            those days, gotta love the 1000$ bill on subspace connections

Comment

Originally posted by flibb View Post
              is that your call waiting disconnecting you? if i remember my dial-up days correctly you can disable call waiting by adding a couple digits to the isp number
              That feature wont work with my phone service.

There is no better connection where I live. I am currently trying to get satellite internet service, but have concerns that there might be a delay in the signal causing bad ms and ploss issues.
              Indulgence

Comment

I've gotta agree with this..I just lost a duel to 'democracy' because my internet cut out. I returned to see the message 'Pummel has forfeited his duel to democracy' Or something along those lines.

I'd like to see a 2 minute limit...

Comment

Originally posted by SEAL View Post
                  those days, gotta love the 1000$ bill on subspace connections
                  damn I remember when I was 16, hohoho my parents were FURIOUS! I slept with a friend for 2 weeks because I was to afraid to go home

Good times
                  some are wise, some are otherwise

1: PolluX> People say I talk too much
                  1: Louis XV> Dude you seriously need to stfu!
                  1: Louis XV> I still love you, k?

Comment

Originally posted by PolluX View Post
                    I slept with a friend for 2 weeks because I was to afraid to go home

Good times
                    Lies. You were whoring yourself out to your friend to make up the money to pay the bill.

Comment

Working...
                    X