Gordon Brown is not my Prime Minister

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gordon Brown is not my Prime Minister

He looks too funny and he's fat and the rest of the world is going to think the British are representative of Gordon Brown. I just don't trust the man. David Cameron is too smarmy, the Liberals are a wasted vote and Gordon Brown looks funny. My interest in politics lasted roughly four years, bring back Tony.

As you can see I don't take too much time to keep myself informed of the key issues
    Originally posted by Facetious
    edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Originally posted by ZeUs!! View Post
    He looks too funny and he's fat and the rest of the world is going to think the British are representative of Gordon Brown. I just don't trust the man. David Cameron is too smarmy, the Liberals are a wasted vote and Gordon Brown looks funny. My interest in politics last roughly four years, bring back Tony.

As you can see I don't take too much time to keep myself informed of the key issues
    He did look pretty hip back in his days at the boarding school he attended. Was somewhat hippieish?
    May your shit come to life and kiss you on the face.

Comment

Bring Back The Vampire!
      Rediscover online gaming. Get Subspace

Mantra-Slider> you like it rough
      Kitty> true

I girl with BooBiez> OH I GET IT U PRETEND TO BE A MAN

Flabby.tv - The Offical Flabby Website

Comment

So the deal was that Blair just resigns and gives over the powers of the PM to Brown, as long as the Queen accepts this?

Is there any public vote on such a position?

Seriously...I do not know.

Comment

You forget that you're dealing with a parliament system. The public never directly votes for their head of government, but they vote for representatives to form the government and those representatives in turn select the leader. Because those politicians are grouped into political parties, the prime minister would be the leader of the party with the most seats.

Comment

Originally posted by Troll King View Post
            You forget that you're dealing with a parliament system. The public never directly votes for their head of government, but they vote for representatives to form the government and those representatives in turn select the leader. Because those politicians are grouped into political parties, the prime minister would be the leader of the party with the most seats.
            I understand the Parliamentary system, but when a PM decides to leave, there is no vote on who would take over? Is it all left up to the PM leaving to appoint someone new and have the Queen/King approve?

This is my confusion.

At least you all have a vote of confidence with your PM. Wish we had that in the States.

Comment

The Labour Party votes on its new leader, whether thats MPs and Lords only or including all Labour Party members I'm not sure, and it doesn't really matter as he was uncontested, no one else reckoned they stood a chance against him
              Originally posted by Facetious
              edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

After Blair announced his resignation on May 10th, his Labour party started its search for its next leader. The next day, Brown announced his bid for the position and, by May 16th, not only were there no other candidates, Brown received an overwhelming number of nominations such that if there were a vote, he'd already received more than enough support to win.

While technically, the Queen does have to choose the Prime Minister, that is just a formality as the only way the government could function is if the leader of the largest party were chosen.

Comment

Churchill was fat, people still fucking loved him.
                  5: Da1andonly> !ban epinephrine
                  5: RoboHelp> Are you nuts? You can't ban a staff member!
                  5: Da1andonly> =((
                  5: Epinephrine> !ban da1andonly
                  5: RoboHelp> Staffer "da1andonly" has been banned for abuse.
                  5: Epinephrine> oh shit

Comment

People loved him cuz he made the people think food was a plenty.

Comment

As much as I hate following my countries shitty politics, I believe Gordon Brown has fucked up somehow already. And they reckon it's bye bye to him come the next general election.

Welcome to the world of British politics though, everyone we can vote for sucks, oh joy!
                      9:Basti> any1 want pw for squad BlowJob?
                      9:Inaphyt> no basti i want you to give me the password to your room so you can give me a blowjob
                      9:Basti> sure
                      9:Basti> we can take a basing duel in my bed
                      9:Inaphyt> hahahaha
                      9:Basti> i'll score
                      9:Basti> i'll ride my ship into ur cram
                      9:Basti> and take the flag
                      9:Inaphyt> ROFL
                      9:Basti> and finally lay a mine there

Comment

Originally posted by ZeUs!! View Post
                        He looks too funny and he's fat and the rest of the world is going to think the British are representative of Gordon Brown. I just don't trust the man. David Cameron is too smarmy, the Liberals are a wasted vote and Gordon Brown looks funny. My interest in politics lasted roughly four years, bring back Tony.

haha brits are fat, BUT WE HAVE A MONKEY FOR A PRESIDENT SO I GUESS...YEA

Comment

We have Harry Potter. GG
                          Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

Working...
                          X