Desktop Enhancments: Revealed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Desktop Enhancments: Revealed

We've had a couple threads of where we post pictures of our computer desktops and we wonder "Ahh, that thing over there ... looks like a counter of some sort, wtf is it?" Or how the person got all that together anyways. I thought it'd be cool to make a thread of all the cool gadgets we have on our desktop and how we could find them to use for ourselves.

1.) Stardock/Objectdock - It's a PC version of the dock menu you find on Macs. I found it for free on their site: http://www.stardock.com/products/objectdock/
    You can get the "plus" version, but for a "price"... heh.... *wink wink* *Nudge nudge*

2.) Yahoo! Widget Engine - It's just a program from Yahoo! that lets you put these mini-programs for different purposes on your page. The two I have came with the program. The round thing is a clock showing how much % of my PC I'm using in total. The other is obviously my weather.... another hot as shit day. It's all free here on their site: http://widgets.yahoo.com/

3.) Trillian - This is the AIM/MSN/Yahoo!/ICQ program I use. It's everything in one. No popups, no bullshit, just the messages. Also lets me check my e-mail, etc*. It's good stuff. I have the 'pro' version that a friend gave me for free, but you can get the free version here: http://www.ceruleanstudios.com/

You don't have to do it in the format I did, it's just what I did to make things easier to point out. But yeah, I just thought it'd be cool to do a thing were we'd share our stuff.
    DELETED

when did you get vista? do you like it? my buddy just got a laptop with it and I'll be buying a laptop in the next couple of months. I ask because all the laptops have Vista now, so~
    My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

Comment

I have Windows XP, sorry. I have used Vista, though. You won't really mind the differences, you won't really notice besides the aesthetic changes. At least I didn't. Video card and driver support for Vista shouldn't be a problem anymore, so yeah.
      DELETED

Comment

I have Yahoo widgets.
        Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

Originally posted by Dameon Angell View Post
          I have Windows XP, sorry. I have used Vista, though. You won't really mind the differences, you won't really notice besides the aesthetic changes. At least I didn't. Video card and driver support for Vista shouldn't be a problem anymore, so yeah.
          oh really? that side bar you have and the lower left weather thing look like the spiffy add-ons they have for vista.

cool tho
          My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

Comment

Nah, just add-ons I downloaded and installed to my XP :P
            DELETED

Comment

@ the bottom-left of the picture:

could you just screenshot it one day when it's 90 outside but also thunderstorming at hurricane levels? i'd like to paste it on my desktop where it will sit for probably the next week or so (it's been going on for two weeks now... must stop soon.. .must)
              NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

It's part of the Yahoo widgets lb.
                Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

it seems I'm clueless about widgets and their didgets

and gadgets and caboodles

Comment

i'm very greedy about my clock cycles
                    USA WORLD CHAMPS

Comment

Hey Dameon,
                      Thanks for sharing. Cool gadgets.

Comment

RocketDock + Rainlendar + KlipFolio. Yes yes!
                        Hello Denon it appears that you have not posted on our forums in several days, why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums?

Comment

What's the point in desktop widgets... do any of you actually see your desktop long enough because I sure don't.

Comment

Well, I do. The only thing missing from my screen shot is the "Alt+Tab" Continuum window. The dock menu is my 'quick launcher' that I can access from wherever I'm at. And if my computer is effing up, I check the clocker on the upper left.
                            DELETED

Comment

Originally posted by Liquid Blue View Post
                              when did you get vista? do you like it? my buddy just got a laptop with it and I'll be buying a laptop in the next couple of months. I ask because all the laptops have Vista now, so~
                              I've been using Vista for the last couple of months or so. I like it. Instead of setting it to "windows classic" and not learning anything new, I've left on the (semi)-default interface. It's quite intuitive, the inline search they added to the start menu is great (You can simply press windows key, type in "soul", press return and Soulseek will load). It also doubles up as a start -> run equivalent.

You'll find a lot of hate on the UAC which is the new security feature. Whenever something requiring an administrator account happens (installing, moving system files etc) it elevates to a secure desktop with admin privelidges. Some people find this incredibly annoying, personally I don't think it's too bad. It's probably best to turn it off for the first few days when you'll be installing a lot of stuff, but once you're through the initial set up, you may as well turn it back on, you'll see it less than once a day and you just get used to the one extra mouse-click.
                              USS Banana after years of superior jav play has amassed 17999 kills, he is 1 kill away from 18k, Type ?go Javs FOR A GAME OF HUNT (no scorereset) -Kim
                              ---A few minutes later---
                              9:cool koen> you scorereseted
                              9:Kim> UM
                              9:Kim> i didn't
                              9:cool koen> hahahahahahaha
                              9:ph <ZH>> LOOOOL
                              9:Stargazer <ER>> WHO FUCKING SCORERESET
                              9:pascone> lol?

Comment

Working...
                              X