This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Negging = Racist?

Hello TrenchWars, I would like to discuss a very important topic, the situation occured today where I was banned for using the word Negger in an apparent "Racist Manner". This could not be further from the truth, and I not only want my ban revoked but also want a public apology from Aquatiq who had tagged this offense on my otherwise good name in this zone.

I said "As one of the best warbirds in this Zone, I especially know the use of a good neg".

Now anyone who warbirds or javs would know that negging is an extremely valuable part of this game, and the term is not racist at all. Negging for those who don't know, and they should considering the word is posted several times on Trenchwars websites, and on arenas in game, Is killing someone who is low on energy. Some people might know this as vulching, but I never really liked that word as it took so long to type out. I could also say "neGGed" in elim chat for an added bonus of the insult along with the term of the manuever I used to kill the newbie. Where does this stop, will Nige be banned next because his name is too close to racism even though hes been playing on it for several years? Can nobody get killed by Nige and say "LOL NIGE'D" anymore? This negging of the Trenchwars Population needs to stop. If you do find this word racist, than atleast tell people so beforehand, and take it off websites so that people don't get confused and use this word like they think it should be properly used, such as I myself did.
    Rabble Rabble Rabble

I do recal you using "Hey my negga" and "Thats my neg" and other terms that were clearly implying the use of racism. Steak's, Mine, and pascones logs will all be used to keep you banned. Have fun in EG!
    SSCU Trench Wars Moderator

Stealth Angell> I only have Lvl.50 Ban Armor...I think Rudy's Ban Attack Level is 80...so I would lose

Comment

Have fun negging in hockey zone.
      Originally posted by kthx View Post
      This negging of the Trenchwars Population needs to stop.
      Actually this was pretty funny

Comment

Originally posted by Aquatiq View Post
        Have fun negging in hockey zone.
        "neGGed"
        2:ph> seriously, if i could suck my own dick i'd quit subspace

Comment

I don't mind Hockey Zone, there are some pretty cool neggers here that know to kill people at low energy to get the puck. What I do mind however, is that my use of a TW website sanctioned word to describe a killer of a ship with low energy is being misconstrued as racism.
          Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

I myself have seen others use terms like this in the same kind of way and have seen staff ignore it, its bullshit that staff can decide one moment that a word isn't racist and the next that it is then ban someone for it..you say that racism is illegal then fucking stick with the actualy wording of the racist remarks instead of banning someone over this stupid shit..
            stupidity causes cancer

a woman who takes from a man is called a girlfriend. a man who takes from a woman is called a gigalo

Comment

I take full responcibility for having aquatic come in and moderate you. I didnt appreciate it as well as the other players in the arena doing cheater calls on you noticing that you were using it out of context.
              SSCU Trench Wars Moderator

Stealth Angell> I only have Lvl.50 Ban Armor...I think Rudy's Ban Attack Level is 80...so I would lose

Comment

N-E-G-G-A-R its the Neggar family!
                I'm just a middle-aged, middle-eastern camel herdin' man
                I got a 2 bedroom cave here in North Afghanistan

Comment

Umm. how can a non-racist word be used in a racist way? The fact that it sounds similar to the N word isn't my fault, it was a term used in this game long before any of us started playing, I just happened to pick up on it as a newb.

."I want to hang a banana" would banana be racist? Probaly not, the only reason im banned right now is because you being simple minded saw that the two words sounded similar and decided to make your biased judgements on that similarity. Maybe TW.org should change Negging to Bananaing if you want to avoid confusion of Negging with the wrong version of a racist term. Or maybe they should just train staffers better so that they can see the difference in the two.
                  Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Originally posted by kthx View Post
                    Umm. how can a non-racist word be used in a racist way? The fact that it sounds similar to the N word isn't my fault, it was a term used in this game long before any of us started playing, I just happened to pick up on it as a newb.

."I want to hang a banana" would banana be racist? Probaly not, the only reason im banned right now is because you being simple minded saw that the two words sounded similar and decided to make your biased judgements on that similarity. Maybe TW.org should change Negging to Bananaing if you want to avoid confusion of Negging with the wrong version of a racist term. Or maybe they should just train staffers better so that they can see the difference in the two.
                    You are almost as stupid as Niger.
                    That country is worthless

- Ill probably get warned for this, but it's not hard to take a word and put it out of context. Stop trying to seem so innocent, you aren't naive and you know perfectly well what pushes the boundries and not. You obviously pushed the envelope too far.
                    2:ph> seriously, if i could suck my own dick i'd quit subspace

Comment

and if that kid doesn't get banned for that staff members should go shoot thereselves
                      stupidity causes cancer

a woman who takes from a man is called a girlfriend. a man who takes from a woman is called a gigalo

Comment

I didn't push anything to far, I was discussing my opinions on Negging with my fellow warbirds Jack and Stuckup, who happen to have very similar ideas on neggers and/or negging. I made sure to keep everything I said TrenchWars related, which would be the only way to use a term such a negging and have it make sense.
                        Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

In my subspace there is problem, and that problem is transport.
                          It take very very long, because ?go TWLD is big
                          Throw transport down the well
                          So my spaceship can be free (so my spaceship can be free!)
                          We must make travel easy
                          Then we have a big party

In my subspace there is problem
                          And that problem is the staff
                          They ban everybody ip
                          They never let them back
                          Throw the staff down the well
                          So my spaceship can be free (so my spaceship can be free!)
                          You must grab them by their money
                          Then we have a big party

Comment

In my country there is problem,
                            and that problem is negging,
                            it is very very dangerous,
                            because staff thinks racism,
                            THROW NEGGING DOWN THE WELL.
                            So my Ip can be free.
                            Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

How many neggers does it take to change a lightbulb?

well the answer is obviously 2. You need one to unscrew the bulb and the other to deal with the old bulb that has no energy

Comment

Working...
                              X