Day break

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Day break

Been a while since I've seen better action show, this one is right up top with 24 just with slightly bigger nostalgic value as I'm a fan of Groundhog day.

A cop wakes up, finds out he's apparently framed for a murder, goes through all kinds of shit and then wakes up having to face the same day, and starts his hunt for the clues.

"Day Break is a television program for which one 13-episode season was produced. The series aired on the ABC network, and premiered on November 15, 2006. Rapidly declining ratings led to the show being cancelled on December 15 after only six episodes had aired.[1] The remaining episodes were subsequently made available online at ABC.com. Viewers for the show averaged 6.5 million.[2]"
    from wiki

The sci-fi element is there only in the aspect of the time loop and even tho it's critical to the story, it's not relevant. Plenty of great characters around (Taye Diggs is really good as the lead, but Ramon Rodriguez stole the show imo), alot of interaction, and the most fun part of it all: as he changes his decisions, so do they, leading to new, unforseen events. The show is very fast paced, it's brutal, and the action is great. I think they intended to only have 1 season of 13 episodes, and it played out nicely inspite of the cancelation.
    Minor issues with the show: some of the camera-work got to be a little annoying due to overusage, especially in one scene where it's really over the top: you see some ppl doing something that could have been shown normally, for like 15 secs but they choose to spice those 15 secs with effects...kinda wasting them...also it seemed a bit undeveloped in some parts, certain arcs were resolved to lesser of my satisfaction (basically I wanted more on those stories).

It is really a good show with a lot of details and changes that I appreciete very much, and it's a really good action show. See it if you haven't
    Originally posted by Disliked
    However, I have a bigger problem, being an atheist for 9 years, most of it during my teenage years I've become a little addicted to masterbation. I've tried to stop and even asked God to help but I'm unable to resist the temptation and it's driving me insane with grief.

Originally posted by concealed
    when i was on incuria i took 40 mgs of adderol like an hour before every match. didnt help me that much :X

It's on tv here now, but I can't be arsed to pick it up.
    Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

Yea started recently here as well, you should pick it up if you like fast paced police movies (with a twist)
      However, I have a bigger problem, being an atheist for 9 years, most of it during my teenage years I've become a little addicted to masterbation. I've tried to stop and even asked God to help but I'm unable to resist the temptation and it's driving me insane with grief.

when i was on incuria i took 40 mgs of adderol like an hour before every match. didnt help me that much :X

Comment

Well yeah, but isn't it kinda important to know what happened before? Because I already missed like 3 or 4 episodes.
        Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

It's more fun if you do know, but they usually fill you in at the start of each show. Some of the character development is missed tho, so you better understand his and others actions.

You can always dl the epis

Comment

i actually really wanted to watch this when i first saw commercials for it but a busy schedule led to me never catching it on t.v. i'll definitely try to check it out, thanks for reminding me, crv.
            Originally posted by turmio
            jeenyuss seemingly without reason if he didn't have clean flours in his bag.
            Originally posted by grand
            I've been afk eating an apple and watching the late night news...

Comment

npz

It's a really good show that deserves more praise

Comment

Working...
              X