summer work help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• summer work help

hello everyone i need help w/this grapes of wrath concept/idea.

"Family transcends blood lines"

it says it was a concept of steinbeck, but i dont get its real meaning. is he saying that family is above your ancestry, and that it reaches everyone? or is it saying family is most important and is essential to every bloodline? or wtf is it supposed to be like, family has thrived throughout the blood lines?

and it says he demonstrated this topic throughout the novel, so should it be obvious??, cause it isnt, if you havent read the book its just basically about a family who goes to california and they meet ppl on the way and some of the family dies. thats the summary of it.

oh i think i got it. is it saying that family is important than wherever/whoever your ancesters were, and that its important to everyone, i hope im right.

thanks for the help if i get any, i really need this help in like a couple hours thanks again.
    Last edited by paradise!; 07-24-2007, 07:13 PM.
    4:BigKing> xD
    4:Best> i'm leaving chat
    4:BigKing> what did i do???
    4:Best> told you repeatedly you cannot use that emoji anymore
    4:BigKing> ???? why though
    4:Best> you're 6'4 and black...you can't use emojis like that

Yeah you have it pretty much. It means family is more than just blood relatives, it can be those friends the people meet on their way to California.

Comment

Originally posted by MirrorriM View Post
      Yeah you have it pretty much. It means family is more than just blood relatives, it can be those friends the people meet on their way to California.
      OH OK, so like everyone can be part of the family? if so then either that is the right answer or yours is basically like mine but @ a different angle. i have an intro paragraph so far. ill post it up here soon.

Comment

how do i convert an openoffice extension thing to a doc file.

Comment

Summer Work Help - By Kthx:

Instead of reading the Grapes of Wrath, instead feel the Wrath of Grapes by drinking plenty of alcohol hopefully with friends who will transform your love of drinking into other mesmerizing fields of drug abuse, including marijuana, lsd, and xanax. Only through this method will you surrender you're virginity. Thankyou.
          Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Originally posted by paradise! View Post
            OH OK, so like everyone can be part of the family? if so then either that is the right answer or yours is basically like mine but @ a different angle. i have an intro paragraph so far. ill post it up here soon.
            Yeah, it just means the people can develop bonds so strong that they consider each other family.

Comment

Basically what Mirr said, Family is more then just blood lines.

Simplest example: If you marry someone, she/he becomes part of your family, but he/she doesn't share your blood line (hopefully).

But it goes beyond this, people being adopted, a close group of friends, etc. etc.
              Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

Originally posted by Galleleo View Post
                Basically what Mirr said, Family is more then just blood lines.

Simplest example: If you marry someone, she/he becomes part of your family, but he/she doesn't share your blood line (hopefully).

But it goes beyond this, people being adopted, a close group of friends, etc. etc.
                ok thanks guys, wow gall ur good for something :grin:

Comment

Working...
                X