The Old TW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Old TW

I remember when a lot of the players came on the forums all the time and talked about whatever scandal or event occured. It doesn't seem to happen anymore.

A lot of the ss sites have become useless and no one really seems to appreciate having a free online game anymore...

Also, the new players seem to either stay a the very new stage indeffinately, while new players seem to shoot up in ranks due to their "cool" looking name.

Where were the times when...
    staff would come to just play and not hang out in priv arenas?
    ER's would actually host? wow... I haven't seem a zombie host or bomberman host in ages. (I loved the variety...)

I'm not posting this to put Subspace or trench wars down in any way, but I just want to know if anyone knows where all the old times went?

Thanks for your time.
    When Is 1337 Bad? When It's Your Ping! :D
    -John

Sleepy Weasel

I think you live in some sort of crazy fantasy world... even more so than the rest of us. Trenchwars and the forums are more active than ever, and who who has been playing longer than 2 weeks would actually want zombies or bomberman hosted? Maybe you just play on the weekends, staff is very busy hosting the league games then.

Comment

Hmmm bomberman was hosted not too long ago. Zombies is hosted just about daily.

Comment

When Zombies was brought to TW, it was an immediate hit. Because of that, we decided to limit it to weekends only, to prevent it from being played/hosted so much that everyone got tired of it. Now we've added a rule that allows it to be hosted during the week, but only if a certain number of people are online. I believe 500 is required now, or something close to that.
        -Dantax
        The Internet connects us all,
        The short, the fat, the thin, the tall,
        we buy, we sell, we learn, we grow,
        dial-up, fizz-fuzz, connect, let's go!

Comment

Originally posted by Dantax
          When Zombies was brought to TW, it was an immediate hit. Because of that, we decided to limit it to weekends only, to prevent it from being played/hosted so much that everyone got tired of it. Now we've added a rule that allows it to be hosted during the week, but only if a certain number of people are online. I believe 500 is required now, or something close to that.
          Yes, the current requirement is 500.
          "The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong" -Mahatma Gandhi

-FLaBiN
          flabin@trenchwars.org

Comment

Originally posted by Dantax
            When Zombies was brought to TW, it was an immediate hit. Because of that, we decided to limit it to weekends only, to prevent it from being played/hosted so much that everyone got tired of it.
            Heheh I remember how long it took me to convince you all that was the right thing to do :P

TW needs some new games though, the special events are very very stagnant nowadays. I guess 2Dragons has all those new ideas that he posted, hope those turn out :P I have some really great ideas too for games if you want .

-Epi
            Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
            www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
            www.animeslice.com

Comment

I still think Journey could be huge .
              Music and medicine, I'm living in a place where they overlap.

Comment

Re: Sleepy Weasel

Originally posted by Sleepy Weasel
                who who has been playing longer than 2 weeks would actually want zombies or bomberman hosted?
                <-This guy

Sure, you may think of them as "newbie" games, but they are very fun.
                Praise "Bob"

la música

Comment

fuck I like bomberman stupid weasel
                  Originally posted by Tyson
                  There is no such thing as hoologians there are only football supporters.
                  Originally posted by HeavenSent
                  Hello? Ever tried to show a Muslim a picture of Mohammed? I dare anyone to try. You will die.
                  Originally posted by Izor
                  Women should never be working in the first place.

Comment

i hosted bomberman back then quite a lot!
                    Mirror <ZH> omg it shark
                    Mirror <ZH> this sucks
                    Server> dont worry mirror
                    Server> shark fits your tits
                    Peace <ZH>> shut up
                    Peace <ZH>> i do not apperciate you talking to my girlfriend in that manner

i.d.> Teach me how to not choke
                    Witness> well first you put it in your mouth ... but not to long

1:Hercules> ghoul
                    1:Hercules> im level 90
                    1:Hercules> in 9d
                    1:Hercules> bought a char off ebay
                    1:Hercules> cost me $50 but was worth it

Comment

Games that should be hosted in my opinion:

Deathmatch (multi teams) ,tourny, base games, dodgeball,gatez,journey, capture, pretty much any jav game,speedball tournaments!!

Games that shouldn't be hosted as often as they are

Glider,warzone,zombies, hunt

Just my opinion.

Comment

Glider shouldn't be hosted as much. The others are fine. JohnCho, zombies is hosted every weekend. About 10 times. Consecutively. Usual hosts are Matorian and Lefty.

Glad to see racing hosted more often. Maybe some shipsets (that are just as cool as Lsd's!) that are only the length of the ship would help x.o

Some games that deserve more hosting:
                        Blind/Cloaks
                        Wormhole

Less Hosting:
                        Starcon (bleh what a game :/)
                        1:koan> indy is like being skinny and liking weird music
                        1:tRICERATOPS> just a bunhc of faggots is all being indy is
                        1:koan> we cant talk about this infront of castro
                        1:koan> he's going to see this and be like WTFZ im a skinny vegeterian white dude with selective music tastes

Comment

Originally posted by Epinephrine

Heheh I remember how long it took me to convince you all that was the right thing to do :P

TW needs some new games though, the special events are very very stagnant nowadays. I guess 2Dragons has all those new ideas that he posted, hope those turn out :P I have some really great ideas too for games if you want .

-Epi
                          I'd same the same goes for that too. I've been waiting for new events, yet seen nothing so far.

Lots of love,
                          Left_Eye
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Epinephrine

I guess 2Dragons has all those new ideas that he posted, hope those turn out :P I have some really great ideas too for games if you want .

-Epi
                            Well, I know that "DeathBall" should be done soon. Probally a couple days. I've been working on DeathBall for 2 days, and wow, its almost done. - And if you have ideas about new games, thats great! You can contact 2dragons about it, and he'll probally post something about events to us (TWDev) so we can probally build it.
                            Last edited by Kingz; 06-30-2002, 08:27 PM.
                            // cool //

Comment

Re: The Old TW

Originally posted by JohnCho
                              I remember when a lot of the players came on the forums all the time and talked about whatever scandal or event occured. It doesn't seem to happen anymore.

A lot of the ss sites have become useless and no one really seems to appreciate having a free online game anymore...

Also, the new players seem to either stay a the very new stage indeffinately, while new players seem to shoot up in ranks due to their "cool" looking name.

Where were the times when...
                              staff would come to just play and not hang out in priv arenas?
                              ER's would actually host? wow... I haven't seem a zombie host or bomberman host in ages. (I loved the variety...)

I'm not posting this to put Subspace or trench wars down in any way, but I just want to know if anyone knows where all the old times went?

Thanks for your time.
                              ...... wow ......

Did you lock yourself in a safe for the past month?
                              That is all BS
                              I fucking own you in the warbird, shut the fuck up.

Comment

Working...
                              X