PDA

View Full Version : The Old TW



JohnCho
06-30-2002, 02:48 AM
I remember when a lot of the players came on the forums all the time and talked about whatever scandal or event occured. It doesn't seem to happen anymore.

A lot of the ss sites have become useless and no one really seems to appreciate having a free online game anymore...

Also, the new players seem to either stay a the very new stage indeffinately, while new players seem to shoot up in ranks due to their "cool" looking name.

Where were the times when...
staff would come to just play and not hang out in priv arenas?
ER's would actually host? wow... I haven't seem a zombie host or bomberman host in ages. (I loved the variety...)

I'm not posting this to put Subspace or trench wars down in any way, but I just want to know if anyone knows where all the old times went?

Thanks for your time.

Sleepy Weasel
06-30-2002, 03:34 AM
I think you live in some sort of crazy fantasy world... even more so than the rest of us. Trenchwars and the forums are more active than ever, and who who has been playing longer than 2 weeks would actually want zombies or bomberman hosted? Maybe you just play on the weekends, staff is very busy hosting the league games then.

Verthanthi
06-30-2002, 10:07 AM
Hmmm bomberman was hosted not too long ago. Zombies is hosted just about daily.

Dantax
06-30-2002, 10:25 AM
When Zombies was brought to TW, it was an immediate hit. Because of that, we decided to limit it to weekends only, to prevent it from being played/hosted so much that everyone got tired of it. Now we've added a rule that allows it to be hosted during the week, but only if a certain number of people are online. I believe 500 is required now, or something close to that.

FLaBiN
06-30-2002, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by Dantax
When Zombies was brought to TW, it was an immediate hit. Because of that, we decided to limit it to weekends only, to prevent it from being played/hosted so much that everyone got tired of it. Now we've added a rule that allows it to be hosted during the week, but only if a certain number of people are online. I believe 500 is required now, or something close to that.

Yes, the current requirement is 500.

Epinephrine
06-30-2002, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by Dantax
When Zombies was brought to TW, it was an immediate hit. Because of that, we decided to limit it to weekends only, to prevent it from being played/hosted so much that everyone got tired of it.

Heheh I remember how long it took me to convince you all that was the right thing to do :P

TW needs some new games though, the special events are very very stagnant nowadays. I guess 2Dragons has all those new ideas that he posted, hope those turn out :P I have some really great ideas too for games if you want .

-Epi

ConcreteSchlyrd
06-30-2002, 11:55 AM
I still think Journey could be huge .

Bolt
06-30-2002, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by Sleepy Weasel
who who has been playing longer than 2 weeks would actually want zombies or bomberman hosted?

<-This guy

Sure, you may think of them as "newbie" games, but they are very fun.

Mantra-Slider
06-30-2002, 12:20 PM
fuck I like bomberman stupid weasel :)

Server
06-30-2002, 12:38 PM
i hosted bomberman back then quite a lot! :D

Sleepy Weasel
06-30-2002, 12:50 PM
Games that should be hosted in my opinion:

Deathmatch (multi teams) ,tourny, base games, dodgeball,gatez,journey, capture, pretty much any jav game,speedball tournaments!!

Games that shouldn't be hosted as often as they are

Glider,warzone,zombies, hunt

Just my opinion.

Project
06-30-2002, 01:10 PM
Glider shouldn't be hosted as much. The others are fine. JohnCho, zombies is hosted every weekend. About 10 times. Consecutively. Usual hosts are Matorian and Lefty.

Glad to see racing hosted more often. Maybe some shipsets (that are just as cool as Lsd's!) that are only the length of the ship would help x.o

Some games that deserve more hosting:
Blind/Cloaks
Wormhole

Less Hosting:
Starcon (bleh what a game :/)

Left_Eye
06-30-2002, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by Epinephrine


Heheh I remember how long it took me to convince you all that was the right thing to do :P

TW needs some new games though, the special events are very very stagnant nowadays. I guess 2Dragons has all those new ideas that he posted, hope those turn out :P I have some really great ideas too for games if you want .

-Epi

I'd same the same goes for that too. I've been waiting for new events, yet seen nothing so far. :(

Lots of love,
Left_Eye

Kingz
06-30-2002, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by Epinephrine

I guess 2Dragons has all those new ideas that he posted, hope those turn out :P I have some really great ideas too for games if you want .

-Epi

Well, I know that "DeathBall" should be done soon. Probally a couple days. I've been working on DeathBall for 2 days, and wow, its almost done. - And if you have ideas about new games, thats great! You can contact 2dragons about it, and he'll probally post something about events to us (TWDev) so we can probally build it.

Ruby
06-30-2002, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by JohnCho
I remember when a lot of the players came on the forums all the time and talked about whatever scandal or event occured. It doesn't seem to happen anymore.

A lot of the ss sites have become useless and no one really seems to appreciate having a free online game anymore...

Also, the new players seem to either stay a the very new stage indeffinately, while new players seem to shoot up in ranks due to their "cool" looking name.

Where were the times when...
staff would come to just play and not hang out in priv arenas?
ER's would actually host? wow... I haven't seem a zombie host or bomberman host in ages. (I loved the variety...)

I'm not posting this to put Subspace or trench wars down in any way, but I just want to know if anyone knows where all the old times went?

Thanks for your time.

...... wow ......

Did you lock yourself in a safe for the past month?
That is all BS :(

JohnCho
06-30-2002, 08:07 PM
one more thing...

When the latest version of cont came out, there was so much hype about changing the specs of ship size and what-not, but they all has seemed to dissapear...

Dillusion
06-30-2002, 08:24 PM
my icon werk? :X

Mitch
06-30-2002, 09:39 PM
test icon.

hogo
06-30-2002, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by ConcreteSchlyrd
I still think Journey could be huge .

same feelings here conc...

i remember the 1st time i played it couple of months after i started playing SS

man journey is one hell of a fun game :D

Project
06-30-2002, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by JohnCho
one more thing...

When the latest version of cont came out, there was so much hype about changing the specs of ship size and what-not, but they all has seemed to dissapear...

?go starcon
:SCBOT:!capital

?go minibase
?go minijavs
?go minidm

THE PUSHER
06-30-2002, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by ConcreteSchlyrd
I still think Journey could be huge .

Oh! The sweet, sweet times we have had in Journey! Seriously you are all missing out!

type ?go journey

PS - Divine Rides pooped here

Mitch
06-30-2002, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by JohnCho
I remember when a lot of the players came on the forums all the time and talked about whatever scandal or event occured. It doesn't seem to happen anymore.

A lot of the ss sites have become useless and no one really seems to appreciate having a free online game anymore...

Also, the new players seem to either stay a the very new stage indeffinately, while new players seem to shoot up in ranks due to their "cool" looking name.

Where were the times when...
staff would come to just play and not hang out in priv arenas?
ER's would actually host? wow... I haven't seem a zombie host or bomberman host in ages. (I loved the variety...)

I'm not posting this to put Subspace or trench wars down in any way, but I just want to know if anyone knows where all the old times went?

Thanks for your time.

I think you have no damn clue what you are talking about....


Welcome to my world.

JohnCho
06-30-2002, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by Project


?go starcon
:SCBOT:!capital

?go minibase
?go minijavs
?go minidm


so... those are hosted?

Bigwig
07-01-2002, 03:34 AM
on occaision. starcon in particular.

Project
07-01-2002, 10:39 AM
Yes, they are.

Fox-hunter
07-01-2002, 10:46 AM
When the version came out v.37 on the new things it said that we could change the ship size so i thought we could in pubs change the ship size anywhere lol , it would really f**** the game up though :p ( sorry about the language ).

Warfare
07-01-2002, 11:42 AM
Most SS sites suck?
ONE SS site is about Trench Wars, and you're talking about this game as if Trench Wars is the center, and it's dying.

You're wrong from your first word to the last. :/

Left_Eye
07-01-2002, 12:30 PM
Journey can be so huge before it can become way too many people playing. A good journey game is really limited in size before it can be waaaaaaaaaaaay too small and waaaaaaaaaaay too large. I would still prefer other things to happen, but we will see. I have some ideas in store that I've been building up and waiting for the chance to use them. Some you guys have probably heard about, some probably not.

Lots of love,
Left_Eye

Th@ KiLL@
07-01-2002, 01:12 PM
Ehmmm........
Journey is a arena.....?
Well i didnt know....
Shh dont say im a n00b

Divine Rides
04-10-2012, 03:38 AM
yeah, like, whatever happened to good ole days and shit?

meddi
04-10-2012, 06:58 AM
I still think Journey could be huge .

Did anyone ever tell this man he was a genius?

Nockm
04-10-2012, 07:13 AM
It's a good game, now out on PS3

Vatican Assassin
04-10-2012, 10:56 PM
did we find out left eye was a dude and then he suicided? thanks for your time.

MegamanEXE
04-10-2012, 11:26 PM
holy thread necromancy, batman

also it's pretty funny in retrospect that people were remembering "old TW" in 2002 considering that the "golden age" of TW was 03-06 or so. always at least 500 players in TW

hindsight, 20/20, etc

Epinephrine
04-11-2012, 02:55 AM
Hey I remember this thread.

Riverside
04-11-2012, 03:25 AM
EPI I MISS YOU

Mobey
04-11-2012, 07:44 AM
I thought the 'golden age' was 2000 to 2003, atleast for me it was.

Supreme
04-11-2012, 10:29 AM
THE GOLDEN AGE IS YET TO COME!11!!

Supreme
04-11-2012, 10:30 AM
http://hogerhoning.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/bord-voor-het-hoofd1.jpg?w=199&h=300

Crescent Seal
04-11-2012, 12:02 PM
ppl have been talking about this game dying since 2002? looooooooool

Eeth Koth
04-12-2012, 12:03 AM
This zone died with res restriction in 2000. What the hell am I doing here anyway?

Crescent Seal
04-12-2012, 11:46 AM
how does this thread not get closed and mine does? whoever did that you are a faggot douchebag

Ganon-Knight
04-12-2012, 12:12 PM
yeah why the hell did that get closed

Ganon-Knight
04-12-2012, 02:23 PM
10 years old = Awesome, let's keep this going!

3 months old = You bumped an old thread? Closed.


Fuck off and die whoever did that (ph)

Jones
04-12-2012, 03:12 PM
how does this thread not get closed and mine does? whoever did that you are a faggot douchebag



PS - Divine Rides pooped here

this is why