Canadian Law a joke or just a revolving door

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canadian Law a joke or just a revolving door

I decided to go for a walk last night, it was around nine thirty and it was dark out. I live literally 2 minutes from a convenience store and I wanted to grab a bottle of pop and a slice of pizza. I headed down the path out the back of my house and walked down the sidewalk that is adjacent to the forest that resides next to my house. I arrived at the store got what I came for then proceeded up the path. I heard footsteps running towards me so I turned around and saw two African American kids who were dressed in "gangster" clothing stop ten feet away from me. I decided not to run, I figured they were seeing whether I'd take off and drop my shit, so they decided to follow me all the way up to my back porch then they kept walking but doubled back a minute later probably to see if I actually lived there or, they probably thought I was just trying to throw them off. I went inside and put some shit down and my mom said that she saw the two teenagers peer through our window so she picked up the phone and they took off.

The thing that really pisses me off is that one or even both of these kids probably had previous charges for assault or theft yet they can hide under the Young Offenders Act as well as the fact that the Canadian Law system is a joke. Even if you do end up in jail it's usually for a short period time and we keep letting re-offenders back into society, that's the thing that gets me "re-offenders". We know certain people keep committing the same offenses except we don't harden the punishment. There was a group of kids who stomped a kid to death in the outskirts of Toronto and half of the kids got probation or less than a year in jail. I worked with one of the people who kicked this kid to death and he got a slap on the wrist, he just had to stay clear of any charges and show the court that he was still holding his job. Once his probation was up he quit and started dealing drugs full time.
    it makes me sick when i think of it, all my heroes could not live with it so i hope you rest in peace cause with us you never did

as is life. my brother's friend was kidnapped by some kids who called him up for a dime and then proceded to put a bad over his head and beat him with a metal baseball bat. They hit him on the back of the head a couple of times "just to scare him" since he slacked them on $10 worth of weed. An aquaintance of mine (i can't consider him a friend after this...) said he was over at the house when this started to go down. After they hit him a couple of times and he didn't get knocked out, one kid said "let's just kill him". After this, my aquaintance said he left (didn't try to help him...). Next thing I know my little brother has to go pick his friend up from a parking lot they dropped him off in and take him to the hospital. Fractured skull and a fucked up face. The kids fled Columbia, SC: one to TN, one to GA. Authorities found them days later, but NONE OF THEM SERVED ANY JAIL TIME. They were all 17 (adult in judicial sys) but b/c it was "their first offense" they got a slap on the wrist. Attempted murder w/witnesses and a fucking slap on the wrist. Not to mention it's considered lynching here if it's 3 or more ppl against 1.

the intention of these laws is to help people turn their lives around, but like you said they rarely do. you gotta look to the higher powers and just know that fucks like that will eventually get what's coming to them. Only problem is you never know who they'll hurt before then.
    .fffffffff_____
    .fffffff/f.\ f/.ff\
    .ffffff|ff __fffff|
    .fffffff\______/
    .ffffff/ffff.ffffff\
    .fffff|fffff.fffffff|
    .fffff\________/
    .fff/fffffff.ffffffff\
    .ff|ffffffff.fffffffff|
    .ff|ffffffff.fffffffff|
    .ff\ffffffffffffffffff/
    .fff\__________/

Comment

that's rough, I believe in second chances but you should have to earn them, how will a person learn anything by getting a slap on the wrist?
      it makes me sick when i think of it, all my heroes could not live with it so i hope you rest in peace cause with us you never did

Comment

move to America
        USA WORLD CHAMPS

Comment

No, don't move to America. I was walking down the street and got arrested and thrown in jail for an entire night because they thought I robbed an old lady (they were looking for a suspect that had completely different clothing than me, was 4 inches taller than me, and had piercings on his ears).. They found the guy in the morning and let me go. I didnt even get a sorry. Fucking americans. I hate me.

Comment

African Americans in Canada? :huh:
            Pandagirl!

(ph)>12 is just right

In the most dangerous game...warping will only prolong your defeat. ?go warpwars -Chao <ER>
            1:Chao <ER>> what the FUCK?
            1:Chao <ER>> I just adverted and no one came
            1:Chao <ER>> at all
            1:Mantra-Slider> chao
            1:Mantra-Slider> you are in the wrong arena
            Panda <ZH>> ?find chao <ER>
            Chao <ER> - hero

Comment

There's such an obvious joke here, but for, well, obvious reasons, I'm going to leave it alone.
              Originally posted by Tone
              It is now time for the energy shift of the 7th root race to manifest on the 3D physical plane and uplift us back to 5D.
              Originally posted by the_paul
              Gargle battery acid fuckface
              Originally posted by Material Girl
              I tried downloading a soundcard

Comment

try and kill someone here you go to jail. even if you are a kid, criminal responsibility starts at 10. There was this girl at a school local to me about 5 years ago who broke into another girls house and tried to set fire to it, shes still in jail gets let out in 3 years tho....

however if you steal stuff or cause a nusence you just get a slap on the wrist. I think if u steal stuff worth under £50 from a shop they dont even bother prosecuting
                Rediscover online gaming. Get Subspace

Mantra-Slider> you like it rough
                Kitty> true

I girl with BooBiez> OH I GET IT U PRETEND TO BE A MAN

Flabby.tv - The Offical Flabby Website

Comment

oh look two ******s looked into my window, they must have been convicted before.
                  Originally posted by Tyson
                  There is no such thing as hoologians there are only football supporters.
                  Originally posted by HeavenSent
                  Hello? Ever tried to show a Muslim a picture of Mohammed? I dare anyone to try. You will die.
                  Originally posted by Izor
                  Women should never be working in the first place.

Comment

gasp! mantra...! :shaun: :shaun:
                    Originally posted by Disliked
                    However, I have a bigger problem, being an atheist for 9 years, most of it during my teenage years I've become a little addicted to masterbation. I've tried to stop and even asked God to help but I'm unable to resist the temptation and it's driving me insane with grief.

Originally posted by concealed
                    when i was on incuria i took 40 mgs of adderol like an hour before every match. didnt help me that much :X

Comment

stereotypes!
                      violence> dont talk 2 me until u got 900+fbook friends and can take 1 dribble from the 3 point line n dunk

[Aug 23 03:03] Oops: 1:siaxis> you try thta ill play possom then reverse roundhouse kick your life
                      [Aug 23 03:20] money: LOL NOT QUITE VIO BUT 5:siaxis> you try thta ill play possom then reverse roundhouse kick your life

Comment

high five mantra.
                        9:Everett> well with pascone in -f-, our squad standards just experienced a decrease of 150%

Comment

(CHORUS) I'm chillin wit my broad and you already know and if you want to reach me hit me on the down low and if I don't call back don't put on a show when i pass by yo house and blow insted of knockin on ya do.

(verse 1)
                          I know that opposites attract and hoes choose macs and how some girls act when playas don't call em back why is that is it cause im hard to ignore the kinda playa you adore but already spoken for or are you caught up in the fame holden yor head in shame cause u don't know my real name whos to blame cause it aint my fault its another lesson taught when you f*****g wit hawk
                          you caught up in the rapture wasn't hard to catch ya wit my heavy weight thang and my 6'4 statua I snatched ya but up in this game plan wanted me 2 be the man but i had other plans it was a 1 night stand now the sh** hit the fan and every time u see a n*g u wanna hold my hand but u don't understand that u not my type i gotta wife and u are just my late night hype.

Chorus)

(verse 2)

I admit i was wrong for leading you on the long talks on the phone you thought our bond was strong but my womens at home so girl leave me alone and all the plans you had for us they been postponed now i aint be a dude im just a type a dude buy you a little food and get you into the pool now were both
                          in the nude catching an attitude acting crude and shrude and showing no gratitude you broke all the rules and im glad i peep ya u could't be like victoria and keep this secret you wasting your time pressing *69 but the cell phone I call you on aint even mine it was strictly bump and grind cause thats how i play you said u didn't mind so why behave this way it was just the other day when u said this and wonda why i act funny when u ask for a kiss u silly b****

CHORUS)

verse 3)

why you rubbin me kissin and huggin me infatuated with the thug in me u say you lovin me the situation getting ugly got your partners mean muggin me
                          girl you buggin me getting on my last nerve then you wonda why u got kicked to the curve you puzzled like cross word and asking me to choose either you or my wife girl you know you lose now your a** got the blues miss goody too shoes sitting there all confused feeling like you been used your apprivleges were abused and now you know instead of knockin at the do ima pass by and blow gotta go gotta go gotta chill wit my broad so i tutes my horn since you been actin frod i hit you wit the roy and you went outrageous shouldve warned you though that my love is contagious.

(CHORUS)
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqkrzJGz5SU

EVERYBODY IN THE CLUB GET CRUNK, MOVE TO SIDE TO SIDE AND DO THE H-TOWN STOMP EVERYBODY GET LOOSE FEELIN GOOD AND YOU ON THAT GREY GOOSE

Comment

Originally posted by Pandagirl! View Post
                            African Americans in Canada? :huh:
                            Alright here's the answer to your question. Why did Cops call black people in Canada "African American" well here's your answer, I didn't know the correct terminology for a black person in Canada except for "an African Canadian", I didn't want to come off as racist in a thread that isn't so much to do with race rather Canada's weak legal system. We both live in North America so technically we're all "American".
                            Last edited by Cops; 08-12-2007, 03:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mantra-Slider View Post
                              oh look two ******s looked into my window, they must have been convicted before.
                              Maybe I didn't make this clear, crime is an economic problem not a race problem. The two people who were staring through the windows were the two guys who ran towards me and tried to physically intimidate me, they were also the same people who followed me up to my back porch. This isn't about stereotypes, if this was two white guys, two Indian guys, or anyone I would be responding in the same way.

I was making a point that if a person is willing to follow someone up to their back door and then double back to see if they were hiding has a) probably done something like this before b) had a run in with the law. If you're the type of person to try and physically intimidate people and then proceed to follow them to their house then you've probably done this before, it's not like they woke up one day and said "fuck man, I want to stalk some kid up to his house and see if we can scare him enough that he'll run and if he does then we'll move in and mug him".

I honestly think you don't understand the area I live in, like I said before crime is an economic problem not a race problem. I live by a lake that has recently had a huge increase of muggings, so Mississauga (the city I live in) has decided to increase patrol around the lake, which is pushing the "gangsters" farther away from the lake. The only problem I have with this is that at least if you walked around the lake late at night then you knew that if you got jumped it was your own fucking fault, where as now people are pushing out into areas that didn't really need police patrol.

Comment

Working...
                              X