Mba

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mba

So I am looking into possibly doing my MBA in the US after I finish my bachelor here (which should be in 2 years if everything goes as planned). I am just looking at this right now, thinking about it and stuff. So I was wondering if maybe you Americans had some advice for me, possible university's to apply too.

I am just assuming that I don't want to pay what the Ivy League Universities charge (I don't know exact figures, but I understand it's expensive?), so those are out of the picture. I am also not planning on going to the (stereo)typical 'redneck' states like Alabama. I was thinking more along the line of New York/Massachusetts are, Florida or other side California.

I have no clue how it exactly works, applying for it, housing, etc. etc. I am not a huge fan off living in the middle of big cities, but I am not opposed to it either. So whatever you guys could tell me would be awesome. Like I said, this is really just a fase where I am looking at the how and what. So it's not like that I need really specific info. Whatever you know would be great.
    Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

This probably will help: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MBA

Note that I'm very fuzzy about this stuff so don't quote me for truth. I had a feeling that most business schools, at least in the USA, want a substantial amount of workplace experience. Usually students graduate from undergrad in 4 years, get their BA in whatever, let's say econ, and then work at a company for 2 years before going to business school. I think very few students go directly to business school (someone correct me if I'm wrong). You also might have to take some tests ... GMATs I think.

Comment

i dont know so much about mba programs, but as far as good locations, you may look at the midwest. Boston is a good college city, and fairly close to NY if you feel the urge to visit.

also, (only because i'm familiar with it) Ann Arbor is a great college town. University of Michigan is a pretty solid school.

obviously i haven't included many selling points--but if you're conisdering this in complete ignorance, theres a place to start.

Comment

boston and ny are expensive to live in and go to school. not just to push my own school, but university of south carolina traditionally has the #1 international business school for undergrads (don't necessarily know about post-graduate degrees). just googling "business schools" ought to get you started. after you find a decent school, i'd say that price and location should be factored in especially if you plan on staying after you graduate
        .fffffffff_____
        .fffffff/f.\ f/.ff\
        .ffffff|ff __fffff|
        .fffffff\______/
        .ffffff/ffff.ffffff\
        .fffff|fffff.fffffff|
        .fffff\________/
        .fff/fffffff.ffffffff\
        .ff|ffffffff.fffffffff|
        .ff|ffffffff.fffffffff|
        .ff\ffffffffffffffffff/
        .fff\__________/

Comment

Well obviously I don't know a lot about how the University system works in America and stuff. So that's also why I am asking, cause if I get my Masters there, it won't be part of an exchange program or anything so I have to arrange everything myself.

Bachelor here takes 3 years, and a master 1 year (on most studies). I am starting year 2 soon, so in 2 years time I should have a bachelor in (directly translated) management science, which I guess equals business school, but then again I am not sure about that.

It is also possible that I first do a Master here and then go for my MBA in America, or that I just do the exchange program next year and just study a year in America on bachelor level. I am not sure on this all yet, but with stuff like this I gotta start looking into it on time.
          Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

Working...
          X