Bioshock Demo - Hands On

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bioshock Demo - Hands On

To keep it short: it was sick. It was awesomely sick. Shades of Half Life and Resident Evil abound, which is definitely not a bad thing. Graphically amazing, engrossing story and beautifully destroyed environments. The final version should make you blow a load in your pants.
    DELETED

screenshots!
    Originally Posted by HeavenSent
    You won't have to wait another 4 years.
    There wont be another election for president.
    Obama is the Omega President.
    http://wegotstoned.blogspot.com/

Comment

Screenshot of dameon blowing a load in his pants?

I've seen the trailer, the eerie theme plus modified game play gives a breath of fresh air to the already tried and true fps shooter.
      ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
      Failure teaches success.
      . â–²
      ▲ ▲

Comment

I can't wait for this game, from what I saw on E3, it looked very original.

I love the part where you can lift small flamable objects over fire to set them on fire, and throw them at enemies.

This
        Hellgate London
        Rock Band
        Starcraft 2
        Warhammer Online
        Halflife 2, episode 2 with Portal and Team Fortress 2
        Crysis

Oh man, I'm creaming myself just thinking about these games.

And yes, Da1 want to see pictures of males with sperm on themselves. I also want to rape his asshole.
        Da1andonly> man this youghurt only made me angry

5:ph> n0ah will dangle from a helicopter ladder and just reduce the landscape to ashes by sweeping his beard across it

Comment

It was excellent, The wrench bit reminded me of condemned and for me that was the whole general feel of the game, which was top notch. The real puller is just the sheer atmosphere and the level of actual thought that needs to go into each decision. Finally an FPS that's not run and gun?

btw: Those security bots were freaking annoying until i realized I could hack them, then it was pure kill joy. I don't know about most, but the gathering food bit and the intoxification effects of wine/cigs was a nice touch. Brought back the days of oblivion where searching random shit was rewarding.
          Celibrate
          XXX is overrated.

Comment

Originally posted by Noah View Post
            I can't wait for this game, from what I saw on E3, it looked very original.

I love the part where you can lift small flamable objects over fire to set them on fire, and throw them at enemies.

This
            Hellgate London
            Rock Band
            Starcraft 2
            Warhammer Online
            Halflife 2, episode 2 with Portal and Team Fortress 2
            Crysis

Oh man, I'm creaming myself just thinking about these games.

And yes, Da1 want to see pictures of males with sperm on themselves. I also want to rape his asshole.
            Yeah, Rock Band is going to so great!

Comment

It's a whole 'nother thread, but Rock Band will fail for the sole reason that the asking price of it is $200.
              DELETED

Comment

oh shit, that's a lot of money (if you're poor)

Comment

Originally posted by Dameon Angell View Post
                  It's a whole 'nother thread, but Rock Band will fail for the sole reason that the asking price of it is $200.
                  I disagree. I know people who would sell both kidneys to play that game. Not to mention that it's a whole bunch of hardware--you're not just paying $200 for a shiny disc.

There's no way Rock Band will fail. Not if they live up to the promise of having lots of downloadable content (not to mention new content every week after the release of the game). If anything, GH3 will pale in comparison and become the shell of a former heavyweight.

But you're right--that's a whole other thread.
                  Music and medicine, I'm living in a place where they overlap.

Comment

Originally posted by ConcreteSchlyrd View Post
                    I disagree. I know people who would sell both kidneys to play that game. Not to mention that it's a whole bunch of hardware--you're not just paying $200 for a shiny disc.

There's no way Rock Band will fail. Not if they live up to the promise of having lots of downloadable content (not to mention new content every week after the release of the game). If anything, GH3 will pale in comparison and become the shell of a former heavyweight.

But you're right--that's a whole other thread.
                    Man, making a semi-hollow guitar shaped control sure is worth the extra $150.
                    Celibrate
                    XXX is overrated.

Comment

Finally a new games to come out on 360 thread!

I dloaded the Demo yesterday, played it through and was thoroughly impressed. The game has that perfect Resident Evil 4ish feel of terror mixed with knowledge that you can whoop ass at the same time. The main boss fight thing was extremely overwhelming as you're being charged at by about a dozen enemies at the same time.

Oh, and as a side note the city of Rapture looks like an awesome rendering of 1920's age of decadence style mixed with Gotham City.

Looks like I'm gonna hafta pick this one up too. Add that to this list:

-Skate (Sept. 11)
                      -Halo 3 (Sept. 25)
                      -Fifa 08.....I love the Fifa games (Sept. 29)
                      -Assassin's Creed (Nov. 2008)
                      -Rock Band (Dec. 2008)
                      -Devil May Cry 4 (Jan. 2008)
                      -Grand Theft Auto IV (Spring 2008)

I'm about to be really poor because of the 360. But, in regards to Rock Band, if you get three friends to go in with you then it only costs $50-55 each. That's what my friends and I are doing, although I think it only comes with one guitar, so we'll probably have to buy another so one of us can play the bass. I'm really excited for Rock Band though, because it looks like the perfect game to get hammered and have a party around. It's Karaoke for the ADD generation.
                      Originally posted by Tone
                      Women who smoke cigarettes are sexy, not repulsive. It depends on the number smoked. less is better

Comment

Yea Bioshock demo is pretty awesome. I loved the graphics and I can't wait for it to come out.

One thing about Rockband, it's going to have a new downloadable song every week for the first year it's out. Not saying that makes it worth $200 but there's definitely going to be more to it than just a guitar and a couple downloadable songs.
                        (ZaBuZa)>sigh.. i been playing this game since i was 8... i am more mature then ull ever be...

Comment

Originally posted by Squeezer View Post

-Skate (Sept. 11)
                          -Halo 3 (Sept. 25)
                          -Fifa 08.....I love the Fifa games (Sept. 29)
                          -Assassin's Creed (Nov. 2008)
                          -Rock Band (Dec. 2008)
                          -Devil May Cry 4 (Jan. 2008)
                          -Grand Theft Auto IV (Spring 2008)
                          Wtf, no mass-Effect?
                          Celibrate
                          XXX is overrated.

Comment

Shat my pants 2x

GodSaveTheHippo is my tag
                            Originally posted by Jeenyuss
                            sometimes i thrust my hips so my flaccid dick slaps my stomach, then my taint, then my stomach, then my taint. i like the sound.

Comment

Mind if I add you? I've been wondering if I could merge my xbox360 gaming and SS for a bit. Anyone have tags and wanna meet up? I'm a huge Lost Planet player and i don't have gears if that's want you're thinking, LP kills it MP-wise
                              Celibrate
                              XXX is overrated.

Comment

Working...
                              X