Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fun stories from Spider's workplace ... again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fun stories from Spider's workplace ... again!

Here is my best work related story from the past 24 hours. Just to bring any Spider-newbs out there up to speed, I work in retail and sell electronics. TVs, gaming systems, computers (even Apples YUCK), and so on. I pride myself on being a good employee. In fact I pride myself on being generally, all around, a good person. Which is why I get really annoyed when some bitches on this planet go out of their way to fuck my generally well intentioned demeanor.

So this jackass walks into my department. He is an antisocial shit-for-brains genetic-defective, as I like to call them. I don't mean antisocial like the slang usage of a guy who just doesn't have friends. I mean antisocial like shuns society in general and is an ass-face. Don't get me wrong, I shun "society" a helluva lot too, but, whatever. Work with me.

Anyway, I say (in a friendly manner): Hi, how can I help you to day? He grumpily bitches at me that he is just looking, leave me alone kind of thing. Sure, fine. If you want to look yourself that's ok. I'm a low pressure salesperson, I don't really give a shit what most people are looking for anyway, I'm just naturally helpful and nice, and have to do something to kill the time, right?

Later on I'm standing at the cash register and he walks up with his product and I'm like "Hi again, found everything you were looking for?", still all nice and friendly like. He mumbles something to me like a typical genetic-defective would and ask him for his phone number. He says one word "cash", I say "I understand that, but..." and I try to explain to him why we take the phone number. He keeps interrupting me. Finally this jackass has tonnes to say! After I try to help him not once but twice this shit-for-brains moron is trying to tell me how it is! I try reassuring him that "I can sell this to you without your phone number but please just let me explain..." I just wanted to tell him we take phone numbers and names for expensive purchases to print out invoices that allow us to record what was bought and when.

Have you ever bought something expensive and had it broke before the 1 year (or 3, or 5, whatever) warranty is expired but can't find the receipt? At my store, if you aren't a genetic-defective, we can reprint it off for you, any time. The next day. 10 years from now. Anytime. So if you lose it, you're all taken care of. This saves people day all the time. I couldn't tell you how many people are like "thank god!" when we tell them we can reprint the 10 month old receipt for their broken Toshiba/HP/Sony/Apple laptop so they can get it fixed for free. It's great! Also the information doesn't leave the store. Hell, it doesn't even leave the room! Other departments don't have access to it. Privacy wise it's great, and no telemarketer or whatever will call you.

Anyway, he never does let me explain. Cuts me off a ridicules amount of times. It was crazy. I almost killed him. He doesn't know it but he almost died today! Anyway, finally I just sold it straight up without the fancy invoice and if he ever wants to return it I'm sure not going to be able to remember that I sold it to him. Hahaha!

Anyway, long story short, if you are a moron like that guy BUY YOUR SHIT ON THE INTERNET YOU DORK-STICK. IT'S CHEAPER ANYWAY AND YOU DON'T HAVE TO DEAL WITH ALL THE WELL INTENTIONED FRIENDLY AND HELPFUL SALES ASSOCIATES WHO ARE LOOKING OUT FOR YOU!
    Spider
    Formerly EEK! A Spider!
    Former TW Moderator, still an all around nice guy

Originally posted by Spider View Post
    Here is my best work related story from the past 24 hours. Just to bring any Spider-newbs out there up to speed, I work in retail and sell electronics. TVs, gaming systems, computers (even Apples YUCK), and so on. I pride myself on being a good employee. In fact I pride myself on being generally, all around, a good person. Which is why I get really annoyed when some bitches on this planet go out of their way to fuck my generally well intentioned demeanor.

So this jackass walks into my department. He is an antisocial shit-for-brains genetic-defective, as I like to call them. I don't mean antisocial like the slang usage of a guy who just doesn't have friends. I mean antisocial like shuns society in general and is an ass-face. Don't get me wrong, I shun "society" a helluva lot too, but, whatever. Work with me.

Anyway, I say (in a friendly manner): Hi, how can I help you to day? He grumpily bitches at me that he is just looking, leave me alone kind of thing. Sure, fine. If you want to look yourself that's ok. I'm a low pressure salesperson, I don't really give a shit what most people are looking for anyway, I'm just naturally helpful and nice, and have to do something to kill the time, right?

Later on I'm standing at the cash register and he walks up with his product and I'm like "Hi again, found everything you were looking for?", still all nice and friendly like. He mumbles something to me like a typical genetic-defective would and ask him for his phone number. He says one word "cash", I say "I understand that, but..." and I try to explain to him why we take the phone number. He keeps interrupting me. Finally this jackass has tonnes to say! After I try to help him not once but twice this shit-for-brains moron is trying to tell me how it is! I try reassuring him that "I can sell this to you without your phone number but please just let me explain..." I just wanted to tell him we take phone numbers and names for expensive purchases to print out invoices that allow us to record what was bought and when.

Have you ever bought something expensive and had it broke before the 1 year (or 3, or 5, whatever) warranty is expired but can't find the receipt? At my store, if you aren't a genetic-defective, we can reprint it off for you, any time. The next day. 10 years from now. Anytime. So if you lose it, you're all taken care of. This saves people day all the time. I couldn't tell you how many people are like "thank god!" when we tell them we can reprint the 10 month old receipt for their broken Toshiba/HP/Sony/Apple laptop so they can get it fixed for free. It's great! Also the information doesn't leave the store. Hell, it doesn't even leave the room! Other departments don't have access to it. Privacy wise it's great, and no telemarketer or whatever will call you.

Anyway, he never does let me explain. Cuts me off a ridicules amount of times. It was crazy. I almost killed him. He doesn't know it but he almost died today! Anyway, finally I just sold it straight up without the fancy invoice and if he ever wants to return it I'm sure not going to be able to remember that I sold it to him. Hahaha!

Anyway, long story short, if you are a moron like that guy BUY YOUR SHIT ON THE INTERNET YOU DORK-STICK. IT'S CHEAPER ANYWAY AND YOU DON'T HAVE TO DEAL WITH ALL THE WELL INTENTIONED FRIENDLY AND HELPFUL SALES ASSOCIATES WHO ARE LOOKING OUT FOR YOU!

Stores won't do that 'just to help the consumer.' In fact, most do it to get information about what products people buy by location so large retail stores (like Best Buy) can get products that typically sell more in certain areas for whatever reason or if they are building a new store as a result of a bunch of people coming from a particular area or something.
    violence> dont talk 2 me until u got 900+fbook friends and can take 1 dribble from the 3 point line n dunk

[Aug 23 03:03] Oops: 1:siaxis> you try thta ill play possom then reverse roundhouse kick your life
    [Aug 23 03:20] money: LOL NOT QUITE VIO BUT 5:siaxis> you try thta ill play possom then reverse roundhouse kick your life

Comment

I work at this store and I know that is why. You are absolutely correct that we record what sells where are when, but that's done through BOTH systems, the invoice one AND the one that doesn't require a name/number. Also we have records of what each store orders in. If my store orders 10 macbooks, and other stores in other markets order 50 a week, where do you think it sells better? You don't really know what you're talking about. I mean, you're right but it doesn't apply at all to what I was saying for the reason I just pointed out. Everyone time something gets sold, regardless of what system we use (invoice or noninvoice) it obviously gets subtracted from inventory, right? Otherwise we wouldn't know what the hell is in the store.

And the only reason we use phone numbers is because its the only system that works. For example if we just used names do you have idea how many "John Smith" purchases we'd have? There are many people with the same name, but a phone number is only used by one household. It's litterally the only way it would work. Think about it.

You are right in another way. Basically you're coming at this from a cynics point of view. It also helps us. If someone comes in with a product and wants to "return" it we can confirm that they purchased it here in the first place, if it is within the 15 day return time frame, and if it was purchased when it was sale or something. We don't want someone buying something before a sale ends then returning it for full price, right? So ya, there are "big evil corporation" reasons for recording the information, just not the one you pointed out.
      Spider
      Formerly EEK! A Spider!
      Former TW Moderator, still an all around nice guy

Comment

Spider you jerkface =/ explain: ?find=Spider "Not online, last seen 5 years ago"
        Ryo: i havent gone back to see my teachers
        Ryo: i saw one eating ice cream with his daughter once
        Ryo: i was like
        Ryo: sup fucker

I Luv Cook> omg die

Comment

The reason you gave for using a phone number is bullshit.

Tons off stores here have info stored on regular clients, for discount cards and stuff. And all you have to do is Name+address. It doesn't have to be a phone number at all.

And what you buy in doesn't necessarily mean that you also sold that. If one stores buys 50 macbooks one week and another store buys 10 macbooks. It doesn't mean that first store sells more. Maybe a mac convention is in town. Maybe one employer got retarded and broke an entire shipment of macbooks. Maybe a shipment got lost. Maybe there was something wrong with the last shipment, etc. etc. etc.
          Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

I dunno dude, I worked in Customer Service at Staples when I was 17... this sounds pretty familiar to me. Sounds like a normal day in customer service, nothing special...

And the phone numbers, the stores keep them to keep track of customers.
            Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
            www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
            www.animeslice.com

Comment

I always say that what I'm returning "was a gift," when I dont have a receipt or it's past the deadline.

Comment

Originally posted by Galleleo View Post
                Tons off stores here have info stored on regular clients, for discount cards and stuff. And all you have to do is Name+address. It doesn't have to be a phone number at all.
                And how is a phone number any different from someone's address? And oh yes, relate to the Netherlands once again as if there's something special going on here... OMG THEY STORE NAMES AND ADDRESSES OF COSTUMERS?? WE ARE SO ADVANCED!!

Originally posted by Galleleo View Post
                And what you buy in doesn't necessarily mean that you also sold that. If one stores buys 50 macbooks one week and another store buys 10 macbooks. It doesn't mean that first store sells more. Maybe a mac convention is in town. Maybe one employer got retarded and broke an entire shipment of macbooks. Maybe a shipment got lost. Maybe there was something wrong with the last shipment, etc. etc. etc.
                A shop that uses a system that can store information -like phonenumbers- can probably store exact sales pretty well too.
                Either way a factory would care less if a shop actually SELLS their product when they are BUYING it.
                You ate some priest porridge

Comment

Sorry, next time I'll talk about how they do it in Germany.. even though I have no clue how they do it.

And I am not saying there is a difference between using phone numbers or an address, spider just claimed that phone numbers was the only way the system would work, I gave you another way, and there are probably more one could think off. You could even get less personal by giving everyone a number the first time they buy something, so you can track clients by there number (like give out a pass with the clients name and number etc. on it).

And when the fuck was I ever talking about what a factory cares about? Please learn to read better zerz.
                  Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

Not finding the reciept is not a legal reason not to be granted warranty repairs, at least not in Finland.
                    5: Da1andonly> !ban epinephrine
                    5: RoboHelp> Are you nuts? You can't ban a staff member!
                    5: Da1andonly> =((
                    5: Epinephrine> !ban da1andonly
                    5: RoboHelp> Staffer "da1andonly" has been banned for abuse.
                    5: Epinephrine> oh shit

Comment

whenever some asshole tries to return something that's past our 30-day return policy, somehow damaged or he does not have the receipt I refuse it. Can't run a store any other way
                      jee

Comment

Working...
                      X