Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Halo 3 Retail Multiplayer, best yet, best ever.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Halo 3 Retail Multiplayer, best yet, best ever.

The Short Story:
    Halo 3's multiplayer will be more of the same from what you would expect, except for one thing. Has a "Forge" Map editor that will allow you to manipulate all the objects in the map. You can build anything within the map or take anything out. You can also build with 7 of your friends and play matches during the building. Everything not tied down is movable. Boxes, guns, turrets, fences, spawn points, flags, capture points, etc. The possibilities are endless and should really keep the Multiplayer fresh for months .. dare I say years, to come.

The Long Story, if you wanna read:
    I never thought I would be saying this, but I am actually excited about a game with the word "Halo" in it. Hell has froze over, the rivers run red with blood, the whole shit hit the fan. Yes, I am finally excited about Halo. Is it the gripping single player story? No. Is it because it's on the 360 with updated graphics? No. Is it the newest, most innovative and awesome multiplayer component? Hell yes.

I know we've all played some form of Halo Multiplayer before. Your friends usually had their own "house rules" that they set up in the game editor. There was a certain level of customizability already, but nothing like you've seen before, on a console, is coming. I don't even think 'customizability' is a word, but I'm making it one. (At least my spell check says I'm wrong)

The "Forge" Map Editor is the most powerful and versatile tool in multiplayer to date. But, don't be fooled by it's name ... "map editor". If you've heard of "Gerry's Mod" for Half Life 2, then you'll know what I'm gonna talk about. In a given map, you and up to 7 other people will take the role of floating orbs (like the "Guilty Spark"). With these orbs you can freely fly about the arenas and manipulate the objects in the environment to your liking. Wanna place a barracade here? Go for it. Wanna take out these crates to open up a new walkway? Sure. Add some turrets, change the spawn points, the spawn duration, lives, flag points, capture areas, weapons, ammo. Everything is yours to edit.

Now, if you wanna test out what you did, to see how it works, hit up on your control pad and you'll assume the role of a Spartan, complete with a gun and grenades, just like a match. You can run around, along with 7 other of your friends and actively build your map and test it. Now this leads to the best part. The arena will track kills, and everything just like a real match. You can effectively have a sandbox to play a Team Deathmatch in or whatever. The only limitation is your imagination in what you wanna do in Halo 3 Multiplayer. And this, this is what will be the deal breaker. Some people were a little disappointed in the beta, but really ... the beta was shit. It was the scraps on the floor.
    DELETED

All of that... and the fact that halo's the shit regardless if you own a 360.

This is all in my opinion mind you, I played my fare share of HL and HL2 with it's episodic content, but still, when i played the first halo... It was something special.
    Celibrate
    XXX is overrated.

Comment

Daym that looks (reads) hot. :greedy:
      thread killer

Also who changed to pw to Squadless, how am I supposed to fly the banner of sucking at the game

Comment

"Gerry's mod" lol
        USS Banana after years of superior jav play has amassed 17999 kills, he is 1 kill away from 18k, Type ?go Javs FOR A GAME OF HUNT (no scorereset) -Kim
        ---A few minutes later---
        9:cool koen> you scorereseted
        9:Kim> UM
        9:Kim> i didn't
        9:cool koen> hahahahahahaha
        9:ph <ZH>> LOOOOL
        9:Stargazer <ER>> WHO FUCKING SCORERESET
        9:pascone> lol?

Comment

What the fuck ever it's called, you know what it is.
          DELETED

Comment

Working...
          X