Has anyone....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone....

ever smelt the rotton flesh of a human before?

My recluse uncle passed away last week and was in his house for a week before anyone called the cops on a smell complaint. After rifling through his stuff they finally came to my house yesterday and knocked on our door looking for my mother.

Without knowing if he had a Will made up or anything we were forced to go to his apartment building where they had found him ( did not clean it up ) and try to look around for a death certificate.

By the time we got there, tried to find a building super intendant, found out that there wasn't any... contacted the building people to find out that we won't be able to get a key until tommorow, calling the cops back to finding out how they got into the room, which they had to break in from the back sliding door... the cop tells me I have his permission to do what I had to do to get into the apartment.

So I went around back to figure out which one was his entrance, there was a screen door pulled off the sliding doors so I figured this was the one... I went to go pull the sliding door back, it was locked... cops had said I could kick down the door... but really if I did that, I'd be responsible for the damages via building management I'd imagine... so I went to the window, I pried the screen off of that and slid the window open... say " Hello " just in case it was actually someone elses apartment and voomph a face full of rotton death stench in my face.

I didn't know what to expect but I shouldn't have had anything to eat prior to doing this task. Altho I didn't puke I sure as hell wanted to.

so I went through his house like I was robbing him, throwing whatever pieces of paper I could find into a brief case. Turns out he had the papers to write a will but didn't actually get around to it.

I guess you can pull a lesson from this story I've shared...

1) make up a will for familys sake in dealing with your death, so that burial or cremation can be done.. funds and property stuff get released to family because if you don't your liable to have everything you ever worked for be taken by the government
    2) don't ever become a recluse!
    what the superior man seeks is in himself; what the small man seeks is in others - Confucius

http://www.soundclick.com/scck/
    http://www.soundclick.com/johnecarter/

Originally posted by sixtoo View Post
    ever smelt the rotton flesh of a human before?

My recluse uncle passed away last week and was in his house for a week before anyone called the cops on a smell complaint. After rifling through his stuff they finally came to my house yesterday and knocked on our door looking for my mother.

Without knowing if he had a Will made up or anything we were forced to go to his apartment building where they had found him ( did not clean it up ) and try to look around for a death certificate.

By the time we got there, tried to find a building super intendant, found out that there wasn't any... contacted the building people to find out that we won't be able to get a key until tommorow, calling the cops back to finding out how they got into the room, which they had to break in from the back sliding door... the cop tells me I have his permission to do what I had to do to get into the apartment.

So I went around back to figure out which one was his entrance, there was a screen door pulled off the sliding doors so I figured this was the one... I went to go pull the sliding door back, it was locked... cops had said I could kick down the door... but really if I did that, I'd be responsible for the damages via building management I'd imagine... so I went to the window, I pried the screen off of that and slid the window open... say " Hello " just in case it was actually someone elses apartment and voomph a face full of rotton death stench in my face.

I didn't know what to expect but I shouldn't have had anything to eat prior to doing this task. Altho I didn't puke I sure as hell wanted to.

so I went through his house like I was robbing him, throwing whatever pieces of paper I could find into a brief case. Turns out he had the papers to write a will but didn't actually get around to it.

I guess you can pull a lesson from this story I've shared...

1) make up a will for familys sake in dealing with your death, so that burial or cremation can be done.. funds and property stuff get released to family because if you don't your liable to have everything you ever worked for be taken by the government
    2) don't ever become a recluse!
    Sorry about your loss. Hopefully it wasn't in Phoenix.
    truth about vets vs noobs [clickable]
    "...can we pretend I lag and you eat my burst?"
    Guy: What does that SS mean on your car?
    Me: Oh, it's the Subspace model. You know, bigger engine, level 3 bombs...

Comment

sry to hear that
      SSCU Trench Wars Local BanG Operator
      SSCU Trenchwars SModerator
      Trench Wars Extreme League Head Operator
      Trench Wars Divisions Operator

1:Rudy> We don't let Barton out much
      1:Rudy> He has a habit of touching things he's not supposed to
      1:Rudy> Like fire, and boobies

Comment

My condolences.
        Originally Posted by HeavenSent
        You won't have to wait another 4 years.
        There wont be another election for president.
        Obama is the Omega President.
        http://wegotstoned.blogspot.com/

Comment

Uggggh, that sucks man.

What's with all the death threads as of late? (har har funny)
          Originally posted by Tone
          Women who smoke cigarettes are sexy, not repulsive. It depends on the number smoked. less is better

Comment

Yes, yes I have. I have also smelled burning flesh.

Sorry about your loss.
            Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
            www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
            www.animeslice.com

Comment

Sorry about you uncle.

I helped out at a surgery place for the summer. Went into the OR a couple of times where they cauterized a wound.

Comment

ewwwwwww ive seen shit like that and way worse....my grandpa is the Wayne County Chief Medical Examiner in Detroit,so ive seen and heard it all

but anyways, sorry for your loss :<

Comment

yup, ive witnessed an autopsy...

sorry for your loss.
                  Displaced> I get pussy every day
                  Displaced> I'm rich
                  Displaced> I drive a ferrari lol
                  Displaced> ur a faggot with no money
                  Thors> prolly
                  Thors> but the pussy is HAIRY!

best comeback ever

Comment

I live on the 6th floor of an apartment building. Last year one of the neighbors on the 5th floor, a complete loner, died. Since he had no family to miss him, he just laid there for 3 weeks, happily rotting away. When they did find him (since you couldn't really miss the stench on the hallway), they started cleaning his apartment and of course opened all windows. As laws of convection go, the foul air rose up right past our windows and our balcony.. I haven't ever smoked less cigarettes on the balcony per day than in those days, it was horrible.
                    2:Displaced> k washed my nuts, hope they stop itching now
                    2:Displaced> now its my fucking foot that is itching, FOR FUCKS SAKE

2:Eeks> there was this girl that had a crush on me
                    2:Eeks> and she had the biggest boobs i've ever seen live
                    2:Eeks> had back problems too i think
                    2:Eeks> it was kinda disturbing when her boobs were bigger than her head

1:DangerGirl> spider, give your cap to era
                    1:spider> Wooooohoo!
                    1:spider> .*passes the hat*
                    1:Erathia> <eats the hat>

Comment

yeah they wouldn't even release the body due to decay and not being able to identify it, thanks fellas for the condolences
                      what the superior man seeks is in himself; what the small man seeks is in others - Confucius

http://www.soundclick.com/scck/
                      http://www.soundclick.com/johnecarter/

Comment

Working...
                      X