Super Mario World (SNES) Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super Mario World (SNES) Question

Recently I found a bunch of old shit in my attic, and the end result yielded two boxes (which i loaded ubuntu and kubuntu on for testing purposes) and a super nintendo, with super mario world. anyways, in one sitting i got past the 3rd castle and the SNES was kicked by a friend, so i had to reset, and when i loded the game, i started with 5 lives, instead of my ~40 or so i had.

i was never a SMW kid, my holy trinity was Aladdin, F-Zero, and Donkey Kong, with a little Mario All-Stars and Yoshi's Island thrown in before we tossed the snes for a N64, so I don't know if we accidentally glitched my file, or the SNES is really such an old game platform that lives aren't saved... but I highly doubt that, considering everything else (my score, my progress) were saved.

Anyways, a simple yes or no from someone who knows would rule.
    NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

As far as I remember it resets the lives.

In the end, it's very easy to get them back, so it's not a big loss either.
    3:Wax> ard and i snapchat all the time
    3:Wax> we play virtually tummysticks
    3:i.d.> da fk is that?
    3:Ardour> we basically are each others personal psychologist
    3:Shadowmere> i.d., Wax breaks keyboards playing SubSpace. Best not ask him what anything is.
    3:Wax> Tummy sticks is the situation, commonly referred to as a game, in which two erect men cuddle closely and face-to-face causing their two erect penises, or sticks, to push upwards between their stomachs, or tummys.
    3:Wax> Sticks combine with tummys, hence the name "tummy sticks."
    3:Shadowmere> LOL
    3:i.d.> Oddly, that's close to what I thought it was...

Best> I never cooked a day in my life

Deft> beat by a guy who plays ss on his cellphone
    Shadowmere> Rofl
    Up in ya !> With his feet
    Deft> no kidding, redefining l44t
    Up in ya !> l44t feet
    Deft> l44t f44t*
    Up in ya !> Twinkle toes
    Deft> he had l33t f33t but he practiced

Comment

Yeah, but going to the Top Secret Area and then Yoshi's Island 2 to stock on lives is time-consuming
      NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

Yeah, SMW doesn't save lives.

Amazing game though.

One of the best places to stock up lives is one of the baby-yoshi levels where you're underwater.

There was another great level for lives too, but I forgot.
        USS Banana after years of superior jav play has amassed 17999 kills, he is 1 kill away from 18k, Type ?go Javs FOR A GAME OF HUNT (no scorereset) -Kim
        ---A few minutes later---
        9:cool koen> you scorereseted
        9:Kim> UM
        9:Kim> i didn't
        9:cool koen> hahahahahahaha
        9:ph <ZH>> LOOOOL
        9:Stargazer <ER>> WHO FUCKING SCORERESET
        9:pascone> lol?

Comment

Hit this place up for the lives. Knowing you, you probably don't even need beyond your original 5.

You will not advance to the next stage, though.
          DELETED

Comment

Btw, the back of the box says 96 levels.

I got 95 on my savegame, never knew where to look for that final exit, anyone have any ideas of a particularly hard/unknown one?
            USS Banana after years of superior jav play has amassed 17999 kills, he is 1 kill away from 18k, Type ?go Javs FOR A GAME OF HUNT (no scorereset) -Kim

Comment

Top Secret (+1), Star World (the star) (+5), Star Road (center of star world warps you here) (+8?), Land 2, inside the lake (+1), the woods has one path out, but a couple extra stages (+x).
              DELETED

Comment

Land2? Explain

Also, what is "Inside the Lake", is that the level with the Torpedoes?

Comment

Originally posted by Ewan View Post
                  Land2? Explain

Thats from butter bridge if i recall correctly? you go into the lake and that leads to a star warp to get the yellow yoshi.
                  Celibrate
                  XXX is overrated.

Comment

Originally posted by Ewan View Post
                    Land2? Explain

1.) You just beat the first castle on Yoshi's island, the very first place you start in the very beginning of the game, that first land, area, place, location, piece of property.
                    2.) Now you enter the first stage of the second land. It's the second piece of property that the Italian Stallion, Mario, moves onto to continue his Turtle Genocide.
                    3.) The first stage of that second land, second piece of property, second area of the game you explore next, begins with a long stretch of land with two shell-less turtles kamikaze flying at you with capes. Also introduces a couple of parts with the Homocidal football maniacs.
                    4.) This works best (possibly only with), the Yellow Switch depressed to create the yellow [!] blocks.
                    5.) When you reach the end of the stage, without it pressed, you see a column of yellow, dotted line [ ] squares.
                    6.) With it depressed, you will see a purple /| triangle runner brick with a column of, now filled in, yellow [!] bricks. Run up that wall and reach the top to get to the new area.
                    7.) There is a key next to a key hole. I think you can take it from there.
                    8.) That will open up a route north of your stage, instead of walking around the lake, you will enter the lake for a water stage. Complete the lake stage normally to proceed north to the haunted house stage as mentioned previously in this thread.

---- Water Lake Stage (Secret Path) ----

9.) There is a key about 60% of the way through the stage.
                    10.) The keyhole is about 70% of the way though the stage, if I remember correctly, they're not together.
                    11.) Pick up the key, dodge retarded fish to get to a point with a (P) block.
                    12.) Hit the P block, get the bricks to the keyhole turned into coins and enter the key into the keyhole.
                    12b.) You may get the key after the P block, it's not hard to find, so if you didn't get it before the P block, it's after the P block. Then race before the P block timer runs out to insert the key into the hole. It's really easy to do, not as hard as this guide may make it seem.
                    13.) This will open a path east of your position to your first piece of Star Road and a Warp Tube, if I remember correctly.
                    14.) Correction: You do need to complete one haunted house.

The place in the game that pissed me off the most. Fucking (P) Balloons.
                    Last edited by Dameon Angell; 09-01-2007, 05:12 PM.
                    DELETED

Comment

It says a lot about the age of this game when the Star Road stages are named "Gnarly", "Tubular" and "Mondo". Doesn't change its status as an awesome game though.
                      Originally posted by Tone
                      It is now time for the energy shift of the 7th root race to manifest on the 3D physical plane and uplift us back to 5D.
                      Originally posted by the_paul
                      Gargle battery acid fuckface
                      Originally posted by Material Girl
                      I tried downloading a soundcard

Comment

Yeah I've got them DA, remember it's just ONE exit I need, so anything that opens further levels can't be right.

Comment

Originally posted by PH View Post
                          It says a lot about the age of this game when the Star Road stages are named "Gnarly", "Tubular" and "Mondo". Doesn't change its status as an awesome game though.
                          Even when the game was made, those level names were pretty "retro".

Comment

fucking awesome game.
                            Originally posted by Tyson
                            There is no such thing as hoologians there are only football supporters.
                            Originally posted by HeavenSent
                            Hello? Ever tried to show a Muslim a picture of Mohammed? I dare anyone to try. You will die.
                            Originally posted by Izor
                            Women should never be working in the first place.

Comment

nah you're all wrong. this is what I used to do... and it gets you to 99 on one level. My memory is very sketchy so you'll have to do with the description.

you'll need to have a cape for this.

go to the first level in the forest of illusion.

There is a section where there are a bunch of wigglers (the catepillars that get red after you stomp), but they're far apart enough to be on a diff screen.

Heres what you do: stomp on a wiggler, glide to another, stomp that, glide to the next one, stomp, then RETURN to the first one, stomping on the intermediary ones for more air time if needed. The point is that when the screen scrolls, the wigglers will "reset," which makes it a new enemy - and an opportunity for more lives.

Also interestingly enough, the wiggler doesn't have a ceiling for how many lives it can give you. Which creates some intresting results - eventually it'll give you odd-number lives AND add a ton of points to your score. I'm not sure if they fixed this bug or not.
                              TelCat> i am a slut not a hoe
                              TelCat> hoes get paid :(
                              TelCat> i dont

Comment

Working...
                              X