Apache Server

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apache Server

What is the easiest way to setup one? I want to run a website from one of my older computers running win95.
    TelCat> i am a slut not a hoe
    TelCat> hoes get paid :(
    TelCat> i dont

Download a pacage called PHP Traid, this system means Apace, PHP, MySQL support. It is very easy to set up, and works fine with me and few of my friends who uses it too.
    - Acid Tank

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." -Kurt Cobain

Comment

yupyup, php triad is pretty wicked as a hosting setup, but it comes with a disclaimer - This software is beta (the very latest version is alpha) ^^

If you think you can set it up properly, get mySQL, php and the latest version of apache seperately, and set it up yourself. Its a bit tougher to set up, but you wont be dealing with beta software...

If you dont need mysql/php support, mabey consider using Xitami, its easier to configure and run than apache (imo), and its pretty good, although apache is more widely used.

www.xitami.com
      www.liveforspeed.net

Comment

webserver under win95 ??

dude... download redhat for free burn out the CDs and boot from CD1 and you have redhat installed and apache running.

To mix a crap OS like windows and Apache is like walking when you have a BMW M5
        MoooHaaa

Comment

Working...
        X