Elim ranks and records

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elim ranks and records

I wanted to share some old snapshots I have of elim ranks, I think from around the years 2002-2003. I also just want to put this out there, I played elim a lot and only one time did I ever set out to get ranked #1. The rest of the time I wanted to get kills,k:d ratios just happened. If I ended up at #1 or had some numbers I liked, I switched to another user name and played elim with that. Eventually I'd have a few names ranked. I am also a huge history/statistics fan, so I enjoy looking into numbers.

Back when I had input on recruiting for -knightz- or Siege, I wanted players with lots of kills per elim. Ratios showed you could stay alive in an arena with lots of players, and it is a good show of consistency to go 14-5 every game. I just thought someone who could rack up kills could kill at a good rate during a league game or at least apply pressure that a ratio fiend could not. When a team goes down to 5v4 or 5v3 in leagues, it is very hard for them to catch back up.

I liked to challenge squad mates to race toward 20-25 kills in a wb to 10 or jav to 10...most of the time only one person could starve off elimination to have a shot at the 25 kills but they got some practice and didnt play like wusses. =)

It IS sort of an arrogant post/topic I suppose, subspace was my favorite game for years and I am biased toward my own achievements (maybe my screen shots are worthless? =P). I see elim player numbers have dwindled, and I do wonder if it is even possible to do what I used to do based on the current population. Just wondering what you all think though, I am not sure if anyone else did what I did back then, but looking at the ranks these days I feel like its a different game all together.

Zoff ranked #1, averaging 9.85 kills a game and 2.97 deaths; that's a shiney 3.31 k/d. He won 36/39 games. You know how in sports there are MVPs and then there are MVPs who didnt deserve any titles? That's how elim rankings go for me most of the time. I think Zoff probably played incredibly cautious..going 10-3 and 9-2 all the time. Pretty solid.

I've seen ratios close to 4:1 being ranked at the top, and Ive done something in the 3's myself, eliminated by Fieryfire in one game, disconnected from server in two others. Final result was being ranked in 25 games,winning 22 of them \=

When elim went from 200kills/deaths to 500k/d to get ranked, those crazy ratios took a hit cause no one wanted to play that cautious for that long (oh.. it was still done, just not all the time..and ratio playing under secondary usernames was another reason for 36hour minimum usage). Guess that's what it takes these days as Deez Nutz is the only one in the top 10 who averages more than 10 kills a game. He is around 11 (I also have a mental note of him being someone who gets high numbers of kills in elim, along with Raspi and Blood off the top of my head).

enough babbling, more snapshots from a subspace.zip i found from like 5 years ago

Over a month or so in time, my buddies in Siege and I wanted to see if we could get the top 10 all for siege. I think we may have done it at some point, ill look for screen shots, but here's Blood/Dystrophy and I taking up all top 7 slots.

banzi fuq averaged 19.27 and 8.5 deaths. ranked in 18 games \=
    sparrow averaged 18.54k to 7.89d
    banzi averaged 16.78k to 7.69d.
    blood <ER> averaged 15.5 to 6.59d
    blood averaged 15.8k to 6.88d.
    dystrophy averaged 12.89k to 5.96
    aim averaged 18.36k to 8.31d. ranked in 19 games

brute force elim ranking

That's 18.9 kills a game to 7.24 deaths, 624 kills in only 33 games.

I ranked #1/2 in wb elim again, this time averaging 21.41kills a game to 8 deaths and 19.12k to 8.72d. Lots of others in the top 10 with 13-15 kills per game.
    I agree.

Lastly, because I admitted to this being an arrogant smelling thread, Ill post the following screenshot and say...see I am good at more than warbird, and in the past I was well rounded beyond this too=)

More than one occasion I was at the top in both elims.
    Got ranked in 17 games in elim, averaging 22.59 kills a game to 8.47 deaths; then got ranked in jav elim averaging 19.3kills to 7.95. I was probably ranked within 16 games and 19 games respectively but didnt take the screen shot at the time.

I do remember being ranked averaging over 23 kills a game, but I cant find a snapshot of it. one time I managed to get at least one game per day with over 30 kills, for a 2 week period...might have been that time. Either way, I consider my 22.59 per game a great example of what I wanted to do every elim =) kill everyone
    I agree.

Comment

Whatup banz.
      Music and medicine, I'm living in a place where they overlap.

Comment

Those elims from about 5 years ago were great yes, all the name players that HAD to go 20-10 or go down in the ranks and usually making it too, even with all the other players going for them on sight =) If you ended up outside of the spawn area and had some skills you could win with a nice rec, and if you went berserk in the spawn area 30+ scores could be possible.

Nowadays the players are fewer and similar in skill to each other, making 20 scores rather rare and "big name players" rarely play elim anymore it seems (or they are aliasing and damn rusty)
        "... I have promises to keep, And miles to go before I sleep." -R. Frost

Comment

hey conc, whats up cuz?

I am bored at work, gotta wait for some stuff to process before I can do anything...and so i sit here making money in a leather chair. after reading the TWL suck threads, some of Epi's history stuff, I wanted to share and discuss some of the images I uploaded to photobucket the other day. of course they are centered around me and crap Ive done, but the screen shot section wants "CRAZy 3lim Sc0res N RecordZ" so heres some content.

ALSO, I wish elim was competitive again, I only like to pop on and play some elim games)= maybe i'll inspire some people!

and I just noticed something, so here's a comparison of Zoff, the current #1 in elim...and my line I posted above.

top 3 as of 11/28/07
          1.Zoff 9.85k to 2.97d. 3.31:1 k:d
          2.peru 9.24k to 4.15d. 2.23:1
          3.twiz 8.05k to 3.87d. 2.08:1

Ill assume this is Zoffs best shot at elim ranks. So ill compare it to the best of mine that ive got a record of. Just for fun, not really any statistical rigor used when applying these ideas =P

Actual lines when ranked #1 in elim.
          Zoff 9.85k to 2.97d. 3.31:1 k:d 39games 384/116
          banzi 22.59k to 8.47d. 2.66:1 k:d 17games 384/144

hm cool, same exact # of kills.

Comparison of 17 game lines.
          Zoff 167.45 kills and 50.5 deaths
          banzi 384 kills and 144 deaths.

Comparison of 39 game lines.
          Zoff 384 kills 116 deaths
          banzi 881.01 kills 330 deaths

Back to the comparison of elim #1s and undeserving MVP's in sports, it looks like Zoff is clearly a step above the rest of the guys who have ranked lately, no shots are being taken at his place at the top. It's just night and day compared to the style I play, and I've tried to show people before..there are two types of competitive elim players. guys with good k:d ratio shouldnt be getting all the love though, even if their scores are pretty damn sexy..cause other skills and numbers are important when judging talent. If the league/elim/arenas all kept detailed statistics beyond kills/deaths/ave etc..we'd have a lot better idea of who to recruit to squads. I wanted to have my own chart of up-n-comers back in the siege day so i could spot the guys getting all the kills before they learned how to not die and started getting ratios (and everyone noticed their nice ranks :P )
          I agree.

Comment

ph <ER>> ?squadowner IDIDELIM
            Owner is banzi

Nuff said.
            Originally posted by Tone
            It is now time for the energy shift of the 7th root race to manifest on the 3D physical plane and uplift us back to 5D.
            Originally posted by the_paul
            Gargle battery acid fuckface
            Originally posted by Material Girl
            I tried downloading a soundcard

Comment

Originally posted by Singularity View Post
              Those elims from about 5 years ago were great yes, all the name players that HAD to go 20-10 or go down in the ranks and usually making it too, even with all the other players going for them on sight =) If you ended up outside of the spawn area and had some skills you could win with a nice rec, and if you went berserk in the spawn area 30+ scores could be possible.

Nowadays the players are fewer and similar in skill to each other, making 20 scores rather rare and "big name players" rarely play elim anymore it seems (or they are aliasing and damn rusty)
              So its not common these days for someone to score over 20 in an elim to 10? Looking into the last 100 played, its definately sad to see there are so few games with over 10 players..but in most of those games there's someone around 20 kills or over. I don't think its impossible to average 15+ a game, you just may not be able to play often if you are waiting for those wb to 10's with 8+ people =P

I also dont think going beserk in the spawn area would net you 30+..the spawn area with 40 peopl in an elim was nuts. You just gotta be on the mark and shooting IN at the people in the spawn area =P

I think the new dean's should look at TW and bring back the good bread and butter. Find a way to keep elim, pubs and the core leagues, TWL,DL,BL,JL in good standing before you give any attention to other ideas. When trying to upstart JL like 4-5 years ago, I was told to make the website, make rules, make the arena, decide the format and then staff would see about hosting. That's how it should be for everything..stop spreading staff thin and just fix your core products =)
              I agree.

Comment

hot stuff =) crazy how long it's been
                -Dave

Comment

This explains why blood got so pissed at me the first time I played a jav elim and beat him in the final 1 on 1 (Luck was on my side)
                  "People fear what they can't understand, hate what they can't conquer."

"Cherry blossoms in the Spring, and starry skies in the Summer. The Autumn brings the full moon. The Winter brings the snow. These things make Sake taste good. If you don't like Sake, then there is something wrong with you." Seijuro Hiko

Comment

Interesting records. Shame that there isn't really competition like this in elim anymore. If you want to expand this to TWLD ( or any league really ) records as well I'd like to see some of the records (or good seasons, etc) you hold and other people could share some of theirs.
                    Last edited by Reaver; 12-02-2007, 02:05 AM.
                    1:Best> lol why is everyone mad that roiwerk got a big dick stickin out his underwear, it's really attractive :P
                    3:Best> lol someone is going to sig that
                    3:Best> see it coming
                    3:Best> sad

Comment

Originally posted by Reaver View Post
                      Interesting records. Shame that there isn't really competition like this in elim anymore. If you want to expand this to TWLD ( or any league really ) records as well I'd like to see some of the records (or good seasons, etc) you hold and other people could share some of theirs.
                      I wish I had taken screen shots of other people's records and scores, but here's some twl scores + another angle on the screenshot of me in first for both the jav elim and wb elim because some people forget that scuzzy sureshot was war birding at some point too, and he was pretty awesome too~!

April 2, 2002

I did not realize that wildfire was so close to final.

There is a beauty in having both a twl and a twdd. For example, the season elusive won TWL, Siege and Elusive played the first game of the season. Siege lost, elusive won. Siege went on, not losing after that game, for a long time...but there was still TWDD happening, and Siege could, and put the pressure on Elusive, to win in that. There was the TWL title, and then there was just plain competitive respect that made TWDD still powerful.

Siege roster from that season. hype is the guy who introduced me to the game, in 98. the rest of these dudes are awesome. at least 7 of them are still playing continuum/subspace~ that's almost 30%!
                      I agree.

Comment

Last Standing was ranked #1 with 1400+ rating before last twl season. Too bad I don't have s/s here
                        1:Kthx> Hey Cower ill let you play the next game if you can name me five medieval weapons.
                        1:Cower> Sword
                        1:Kthx> ok
                        1:Cower> Axe
                        1:Kthx> WAIT, YOU GOT IT
                        1:Cower> ?
                        1:Kthx> GET OFF THE CHAT

Comment

Originally posted by Ward View Post
                          Last Standing was ranked #1 with 1400+ rating before last twl season. Too bad I don't have s/s here
                          stfu about your brother

Comment

Zoff is ignite, btw.
                            thread killer

Also who changed to pw to Squadless, how am I supposed to fly the banner of sucking at the game

Comment

This is the only screenshot I've got saved regarding TWL, wish I had something from past seasons to share. There's some extra crap in it but these are my LD scores from last season and I also put in the final LD match in the bottom left.

If you watch the video heavensent made of last seasons TWLD finals, I think it shows where I got strayed by elven while I was 18:9, pretty funny
                              1:Best> lol why is everyone mad that roiwerk got a big dick stickin out his underwear, it's really attractive :P
                              3:Best> lol someone is going to sig that
                              3:Best> see it coming
                              3:Best> sad

Comment

Working...
                              X