Crome Does it Again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crome Does it Again

Well, Crome has made another brilliant move as League Coordinator. This time to save his own squad from forfeiting a game.

The Situation
    Gutter is to play Siege this weekend in TWL-D. Mayo Inc. (the leader of Gutter) post in the negotiations and suggest the time of 2:00pm Sunday. We had not recieved an answer for a long time. In fact we waited all the way until Thursday 3pm EST before asking about it. We noticed in the rules that it said the following:

2.03 All squad captains are given a chance to mutually agree upon an acceptable time for their game. The deadline for schedules to be made is Thursday, 20:00 GMT (3pm EST).

2.05 If a squad has not replied to a time before thursday it will be considered a forfeit.

However Siege has not lost by forfeit, we have to play them at Sunday 3pm EST. The reason? I think Crome put it best when he said "I put the wrong time. Mythrandir has to edit it"

I say if this had been any other squad. If Gutter was playing say Zwarriors and Zwarriors had not responded by this time then Gutter would have won a forfeit win. However since Crome has the power he's completely changing the scheduling rules just so his squad doesn't have to forfeit for his stupidity.

Ah, this TWL season is fun.
    I have stopped swimming in the rock pools a few days ago. Now instead of 40 minutes swimming, I substitute it with 40 minutes power walk - usually on the beaches or around the cliffs. Nothing beats burning the fat in the cold wind. Colon minus pee.

I noticed something like that yes :X
    TelCat> there arent 'sort of' get the flag

Comment

Shit happens, deal with it. Who likes winning by forfeit anyways? Ide rather beat the team with skill then by forfeit. You should be glad he decided to change the rules.
      2 time TWLD runner up.

If not a medal, cant I get a Ribbon??

Comment

I think this is the final nail in the coffin for Crome. He has failed.

I propose that a new TWL coordinator be chosen IMMEDIATELY and Crome stripped of all his duties with the League.

Oh, and not to mention the fact that Siege is to be dealt with according to the rules (and nothing but the rules) and be punushed with a forfeit.

ALSO... I propose NEW RULES that hold the staff of TWL accountable to their actions, complete with an entire section devoted to various punishments based upon the level of abuse commited, ranging anywhere from "Removal from the staff" to "Ban from the league for the duration of the season"
        Ask me about my explosive diarrhea!

Comment

This isn't a matter of win or lose. It's ethics. I wouldn't care at all if the rule had never existed in the first place. But it did and Crome just changed it for his squad. It's unethical.
          I have stopped swimming in the rock pools a few days ago. Now instead of 40 minutes swimming, I substitute it with 40 minutes power walk - usually on the beaches or around the cliffs. Nothing beats burning the fat in the cold wind. Colon minus pee.

Comment

Rules are there for a reason.
            gravy_: They should do great gran tourismo
            gravy_: Electric granny chariots
            gravy_: round the nurburgring

XBL: VodkaSurprise

Comment

Originally posted by GuruMeditation
              To be broken?

llater,
              Tony

Comment

eh shit happens...and generally complaining doesnt accomplish ne thing
                -----------------
                ~cat

Comment

Ok i’m going to cut right to the cold hard facts.

Today at 3pm est Siege failed to respond entirely to our suggested time. According to rule 2.05 of TWLD “If a squad has not replied to a time before thursday it will be considered a forfeit.”

It was Thursday and about 20 minutes past the deadline when I confronted Crome with the fact that Siege had past the deadline to respond AT ALL to our suggested time and that according to the rules they were automatically forfeited.

This is the reply Crome gave me "the time I had put was the wrong one, and Mythrandir has to change it". After that a time was scheduled that We; GuTTer had no chance to even discuss with Siege ONCE..

Ok people this is clearly against the WRITTEN rules of TWLD, but suddenly when the TWL Coordinator's squad makes an incredibly ignorant move that cost them a match, “Oh I forgot to change the time of that pesky rule that would have cost us the match. Boy it sure is a good thing you pointed that out to me because I would have never ever changed it.”

Come on people this a nothing more then an abuse of power, and if it isn’t the written rules should override anything the league coordinator thought he should have had changed. No matter how many ways you look at it Siege should have been forfeited because they did violate the scheduling rules.

People we can’t let him get away with this. Is it merely a coincidence that the TWL Coordinator’s squad suddenly has what would have been the stupid loss to end all stupid losses turned into another chance due to a rule change brought upon by their leader who just happens to be the TWL coordinator?

I demand that Siege forfeit the match against GuTTer, as it should have been done in the first place. Rules were clearly broken to avoid their emanate forfeit. Just because a squad is in first place overall does not mean they are immune to rules and regulations. They failed to follow the rules which resulted in a forfeit end of story.
                  German efficiency + American superiority complex = BlitzSturm

Comment

Originally posted by GuruMeditation
                    League coordinators changing rules by the match... that sounds familiar, eh?
                    TelCat> there arent 'sort of' get the flag

Comment

I demand that a person on TWL staff respond to these valid accusations and/or announce that Siege has officialy forfeited their TWLD game for this weekend according to TWL rules and/or announce Crome's removal from his position.
                      Ask me about my explosive diarrhea!

Comment

By the way, this isn't a new rule to this season of TWL. I remember that for the 15 weeks of TWT that it had the same exact deadline for challenges. Thursday at 3:00pm EST.

Why should it change now all of a sudden with only three weeks left in the TWL normal season when we had it for almost 15 weeks of TWT and 6 weeks of TWL?

Edit: I was just informed that the rule in question came into place four weeks ago so everything I just said was bullshit.
                        Last edited by Latrine; 07-18-2002, 05:51 PM.

Comment

The sad part is that this moron will stay intact much like PoiD. He won't get punished and no action will be taken because no one credible or willing would want to replace him.

Smods abusing clearly defined rules inorder to further their own egos? Can't be!

Yawn

Comment

wow u take this game seriously. hey person who created this thread. why the hell, would u ever settle for a forfeit? thats such a bitch way of getting out of fighting. u will get no respect for a forfeit win. Note:im tired this post makes sense to me hopefully it will to u.

Comment

Do you have any proof of this event? What if, which is most likely, youre afriad of the "invincibles".

Comment

Working...
                              X