Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

just a reminder: most americans believe that evolution does not happen.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just a reminder: most americans believe that evolution does not happen.

the single unifying fact of all of modern biology is controversial to large percentages of the population of the world's last remaining superpower.

edit: ATHEIST YOUTH STATEMENT

this is why you are the only superpower duh. god pwns!
    Originally posted by Tyson
    There is no such thing as hoologians there are only football supporters.
    Originally posted by HeavenSent
    Hello? Ever tried to show a Muslim a picture of Mohammed? I dare anyone to try. You will die.
    Originally posted by Izor
    Women should never be working in the first place.

Comment

Raffle, there's like no proof of evolution at all!!!1

Go god!
      Da1andonly> man this youghurt only made me angry

5:ph> n0ah will dangle from a helicopter ladder and just reduce the landscape to ashes by sweeping his beard across it

Comment

And on the third day, God created the Remington bolt-action rifle, so that Man could fight the dinosaurs. And the homosexuals.
        it makes me sick when i think of it, all my heroes could not live with it so i hope you rest in peace cause with us you never did

Comment

Hooray for the creationist museum where dinosaurs and people can live together!
          5: Da1andonly> !ban epinephrine
          5: RoboHelp> Are you nuts? You can't ban a staff member!
          5: Da1andonly> =((
          5: Epinephrine> !ban da1andonly
          5: RoboHelp> Staffer "da1andonly" has been banned for abuse.
          5: Epinephrine> oh shit

Comment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Ev...st_a_theory.3F

That depends on what one means by evolution, by theory, and by fact. All of these words have at least two meanings. For example, evolution can either refer to an observed process (covered at evolution), or, as shorthand for evolutionary theory, to the explanation for that process (covered at modern evolutionary synthesis). To avoid confusion between these two meanings, when the theory of evolution, rather than the process/fact of evolution, is being discussed, this will usually be noted by explicitly using the word theory.

Evolution is not a theory in the sense used on Evolution; rather, it is a fact. This is because the word evolution is used here to refer to the observed process of the genetic composition of populations changing over successive generations. Because this is simply an observation, it is considered a fact.

Fact has two different meanings: in colloquial usage, it refers to any well-supported proposition; in scientific usage, it refers to a confirmed observation. For example, in the scientific sense, "apples fall if you drop them" is a fact, but "apples fall if you drop them because of gravity" is a theory. Gravity can thus either refer to a fact (the observation of objects being attracted to heavy objects) or a theory (the explanation for this fact). Evolution is the same way. As a fact, evolution is an observed biological process; as a theory, it is the explanation for this process. What adds to this confusion is that the theory of evolution is also sometimes called a "fact", in the colloquial sense—that is, to emphasize how well-supported it is.

When evolution is shorthand for "evolutionary theory", evolution is indeed a theory. However, phrasing this as "just a theory" is misleading. Theory has two different meanings: in colloquial usage, it refers to a conjecture or guess; in scientific usage, it refers to a well-supported explanation or model for observed phenomena. Evolution is a theory in the latter sense, not in the former. Thus, it is a theory in the same sense that gravity and plate tectonics are theories. The currently accepted theory of evolution is known as modern evolutionary synthesis.

Comment

im American and I believe in evolution where do you get these FACTS paul

Comment

Originally posted by Mantra-Slider View Post
                this is why you are the only superpower duh. god pwns!
                must suck over there in swaziland not having superheroes like superman and optimus prime

Comment

Originally posted by PaulOakenfold View Post
                  must suck over there in swaziland not having superheroes like superman and optimus prime
                  don't forget captain america, he kills communists by just looking at them.
                  it makes me sick when i think of it, all my heroes could not live with it so i hope you rest in peace cause with us you never did

Comment

fuck creation go go evolution!

Comment

In swaziland, mantra can still adore Captain Meatball. Cough, cough.

PS. Hi Jeansi. Long time!
                      Originally Posted by HeavenSent
                      You won't have to wait another 4 years.
                      There wont be another election for president.
                      Obama is the Omega President.
                      http://wegotstoned.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by PaulOakenfold View Post
                        but we dont have any Lex Luthor or Megatron either..
                        Originally posted by Tyson
                        There is no such thing as hoologians there are only football supporters.
                        Originally posted by HeavenSent
                        Hello? Ever tried to show a Muslim a picture of Mohammed? I dare anyone to try. You will die.
                        Originally posted by Izor
                        Women should never be working in the first place.

Comment

But the transformers are japanese =[
                          "People fear what they can't understand, hate what they can't conquer."

"Cherry blossoms in the Spring, and starry skies in the Summer. The Autumn brings the full moon. The Winter brings the snow. These things make Sake taste good. If you don't like Sake, then there is something wrong with you." Seijuro Hiko

Comment

FYI: superman is supposedly the perfect immigrant in the USA
                            sigpic
                            All good things must come to an end.

Comment

Thanks for the reminder.
                              "What is it? Um . . . what do you want it to be?" ?€”Juzba, Izzet tinker
                              • Shark
                              • Dicer
                              • Sager
                              • Trench Wars Map Uploader

Comment

Working...
                              X