Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jesus Camp

just watched it.
    this is the most alarming and extremist video i've seen in a while.
    (moreso than two girls one cup)

its a documentary about a church camp, where they're training little christian soldiers for the second coming of christ. Every awful stereotype about christian zealots that you can imagine are portrayed, and then some. the worst part is watching how these children are brainwashed. seeing adults speak in tongues makes me uncomfortable--seeing kids do it is a step further.

i think even your aveage bible thumper would agree that this is exceeding what is socially and politically tolerable.

that is all.

Yeah, the old fat lady is pretty nuts in that movie. The convulsion scenes were also pretty creepy...Especially how they almost encourage the kids to do so by showering them with praise.
    Originally posted by Tone
    Women who smoke cigarettes are sexy, not repulsive. It depends on the number smoked. less is better

Comment

lol nice sig NOT

Comment

Originally posted by Scurvy View Post
        i think even your aveage bible thumper would agree that this is exceeding what is socially and politically tolerable.
        I respect the parents' rights to screw up their children like that.

Addendum: http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...&search=Search

It's a sign of the times.
        Last edited by Bioture; 12-12-2007, 11:59 AM.
        TelCat> i am a slut not a hoe
        TelCat> hoes get paid :(
        TelCat> i dont

Comment

Originally posted by Bioture View Post
          I respect the parents' rights to screw up their children like that.
          i respect a person's right to screw themselves up as much as they want, but that shouldnt extend to their children. the camp leader compared the children at the camp to middle eastern children being conditioned as suicide bombers from an early age. all i'm saying is its fucked up :fear:

Comment

Yeah. It was really disturbing.

Comment

I thought the documentary parts were okay but it really seemed like half the movie was lame music and shots out of the side of slow moving cars. It was a 45 minute long TV show masquerading as a movie.

I saw it after watching Louis Theroux's documentary on the Westboro Baptist Church and after the HBO documentary "Soldiers In The Army of God" both of which I thought were a lot better, but maybe by the time I saw Jesus Camp I was just sick of the formula, not sure.. Check them out if you liked Jesus Camp though. Same kind of shit but no filler, and Theroux's has some pretty funny moments in it. I know a lot of attention has been paid to those Westboro people since the VT shootings, but the documentary is still pretty interesting. I've never seen any of his other shit but he does a good job on this one.
              5:gen> man
              5:gen> i didn't know shade's child fucked bluednady

Comment

You are a god! Louis Theroux, been wondering what his name was for aeons.
                "People fear what they can't understand, hate what they can't conquer."

"Cherry blossoms in the Spring, and starry skies in the Summer. The Autumn brings the full moon. The Winter brings the snow. These things make Sake taste good. If you don't like Sake, then there is something wrong with you." Seijuro Hiko

Comment

Living in the bible belt, we see all kinds of nutty stuff.

Like sitting the 'un-saved' kids in the front row of the church and telling them that if something bad happened to their family, mom and dad would go to heaven while they did not. Needless to say, lots of 'saved' 6-7 y.o. kids around here.

Comment

I honestly never thought that evangelicals comprised anything more than say 10% of the protestant religions. 25% of the nation? If they all voted, they would easily sway any election. Hell, hardly ≈180 million vote, and 25% of ≈300 million is roughly 75million. If they mobilized, they could push almost any candidate through. I smell Hukabee but I doubt it will ever come to that.

http://www.youtube.com/profile_video...&search=Search

for those of you wondering wtf we're talking about.
                    Celibrate
                    XXX is overrated.

Comment

From a very practical sense, it's nice to see children growing up with morals. Not that there's never going to be any kids that grow up in households like this that do something very bad, but the odds are against that. I'd rather live in a World where people have morals, even if they're somewhat institutional. Some of the things were super nutty, especially the guy talking about "raping the Earth" and just using things needlessly. Only watched the first 3 segments, I'll check out the rest later, so far it reminds me of what I've heard about Sicko--bringing about some truth as well as some dramatization.
                      1:Best> lol why is everyone mad that roiwerk got a big dick stickin out his underwear, it's really attractive :P
                      3:Best> lol someone is going to sig that
                      3:Best> see it coming
                      3:Best> sad

Comment

Working...
                      X