What did you get for Christmas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What did you get for Christmas?

I live with my girlfriend and we've both gone to our parent's houses for Christmas (hence my ability to use this forum) so we opened each others presents on Christmas Eve. Here is an update on Presentgate 2007:

I remember when I was playing subspace(/sitting in spec being aloof and not actually playing the game because I was shit at it) I used to observe the people who would flame each other when they were shot. They tended to be of the newer disposition because as we all know the TW community is a highly advanced group of individuals who must demonstrate respect, maturity, a dry sense of humour and intellect to be considered of Veteran Status. I know a lot of people got wound up by those who would constantly criticise others when they were shot, or call their oppontent lucky, or in one notable case, wish cancer on their opponent. About a month ago we hooked our (well, her) Xbox 360 up to Xbox Live and I have been playing Perfect Dark Zero a lot. Its medicre, you have to shoot people 50 times in the chest before they go down and the aiming is too sluggish and too sensitive at the same time. However its what I have so I've been playing it. I never spoke to my teammates using the headset probably because I had no need to, its a bit weird/nervous, I wanted to repress any inner notion that I was being geeky and my girlfriend would have shat herself laughing if I ever told someone to "give me covering fire I'm going to try and hack the teleporter".

This Christmas I received Halo 3 for the xbox and I've spent all afternoon playing her brother at it (who also has a copy and Xbox Live) using the headset and let me tell you - insulting people when you get shot is UNBELIEVEABLY FUN. PLEASURE OVERLOAD. TOO MUCH FUN. COULD NOT COPE. Not typing insults at someone via acronyms but verbally insulting their very existence. Myself and her brother swear quite a lot in everyday conversation, both creatively and disgustingly, so this was an 18-rated version of deathmatch which only added to the satisfaction level of the abuse. And the best bit was we were on the same team. I can't believe I wasted 7 or 8 years playing Subspace without flaming anyone. So next time when you see someone flaming someone else and you e-roll your eyes in your e-aloof manner whilst sitting in spec, just remember how much fucking fun they're having.

I also got a new bag, an Ipswich Town Football Club calendar which I'm going to stick up at work, a Led Zep box set and a smoothie maker. I'll keep you posted in tomorrow's presentage (you may have the world's largest economy America but we get Christmas 8 hours before you so swivel)
    Originally posted by Facetious
    edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

when christmas comes, im sure ppl will tell you, its only 4:51pm on the 24th, premature posting?

Comment

Lol

Comment

So far I've only had 2 boxes of chocolates off a couple of kids and a tin of biscuits off secret santa, but i'll let you all know at a later date as I'm sure you're all dying of curiousity.

Nice to hear from you again, Mike. Merry Christmas.

Speaking of Christmas, I dressed up as Father Christmas this year and dished out selection boxes to twenty kids. They all genuinely thought I was Father Christmas, I'd rate it as one of the best things of my Christmas this year.

EDIT: You can track the big guy here: http://www.noradsanta.org/en/home.htm

Comment

Originally posted by Money View Post
          when christmas comes, im sure ppl will tell you, its only 4:51pm on the 24th, premature posting?
          As previously mentioned in the first sentence, I opened a set of presents early

Superted, I wish I did something as worthy as that but I know deep down that If I ever did something like that it would only be to appease any deep-seated guilt I may have, and not doing it purely to make a difference as you would be.
          Originally posted by Facetious
          edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

hey money whats up? Did you know that christmas is not celebrated at the same time all around the world?
            Originally posted by Tyson
            There is no such thing as hoologians there are only football supporters.
            Originally posted by HeavenSent
            Hello? Ever tried to show a Muslim a picture of Mohammed? I dare anyone to try. You will die.
            Originally posted by Izor
            Women should never be working in the first place.

Comment

haha mike, good times.

i hope you and your girlfriend have a good christmas,

cheers. love,
              sam

Comment

Well I got a LEGO Star Wars toy from my housemate for our £5 secret santa which was pretty sweet.

Also... at midnight on the dot I got this in my email box! Silly Firebox not thinking people will be up at midnight.

Congratulations... You have been given a Firebox.com Gift Voucher!!

You can use your gift voucher towards the purchase of all the latest gadgets, games and boys toys at Firebox.com.

Keep hold of this email as it contains the special code you'll need to redeem your voucher, as well as the Terms and Conditions that apply (see below).

Happy shopping! Best regards,

Firebox.com

To: Ewan
                Amount: 10.00
                Gift Message: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Claim code: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                Expiry date: 06-Dec-2008
                USS Banana after years of superior jav play has amassed 17999 kills, he is 1 kill away from 18k, Type ?go Javs FOR A GAME OF HUNT (no scorereset) -Kim
                ---A few minutes later---
                9:cool koen> you scorereseted
                9:Kim> UM
                9:Kim> i didn't
                9:cool koen> hahahahahahaha
                9:ph <ZH>> LOOOOL
                9:Stargazer <ER>> WHO FUCKING SCORERESET
                9:pascone> lol?

Comment

Well, I'm going to ask this question, what did you guys do for others during Christmas? That is what Christmas is about, anyways. I don't celebrate it but I do love the theme to it. Giving people back to those who you love , is a great feeling. I haven't done anything yet, but when I will I'll tell you guys. :turned: I am just curious, and that is all.
                  TWLD Champion 2014
                  TWDTB Champion 2013
                  TWDTB Champion 2016
                  TWDTB Champion 2017
                  TWDTB Champion 2019.. my last one.
                  -tj hazuki/hazuki :wub:

Comment

Won this,
                    my family does a gift game instead of a Secret Santa:

Comment

$150, and for the first time i understand why someone would pay that much for a pair of pants... they're fucking beautiful
                      NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

Batman: The Long Halloween

Comment

pavement and i got some matching american flag boxing shorts and boxing gloves, so we're gonna get really drunk and make a sequel to rocky
                          NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

$25 gift certificate to East Side Marios (Kolar won the booze, I won the gift card)

I am America and so can you!
                            The Golden Compass series, all three books
                            300 movie art book, includes some of the original comic book
                            a 1.5 Liter bottle of Heineken and a Cuban Cigar
                            And the rest I'll open in approximately 6 hours

Originally posted by PrOnEsSim View Post
                            Well, I'm going to ask this question, what did you guys do for others during Christmas? That is what Christmas is about, anyways. I don't celebrate it but I do love the theme to it. Giving people back to those who you love , is a great feeling. I haven't done anything yet, but when I will I'll tell you guys. :turned: I am just curious, and that is all.
                            I went to church with my girlfriend tonight for Christmas mass, I also spent Sunday morning at my family get-together then had to rush out after about 2 hours and make it to my girlfriends family event. We tried to make them happen on separate days but that didn't pan out. I can't really say I did 'a lot' towards people other then me and my buddy's giving some guy a 20 at 3 in the morning who said his mother had fallen and he needed to get her to the hospital, I might have been drunk but I still asked why he didn't call an ambulance and he said she was stubborn so he would have to take her. The guy offered to give us his jacket and leave us with a number, it was freezing out and even if the guy wanted to get high I didn't really want to take away his jacket. Maybe I helped someone get high or someone go to the hospital, I'll never be quite sure. I've tried to be nicer at this time of year and help around the house more, I could have done a lot more but I still thinking being nice to people is what it's all about even if I didn't have the time to volunteer at a soup kitchen or anything.
                            Last edited by Cops; 12-25-2007, 03:56 AM.
                            it makes me sick when i think of it, all my heroes could not live with it so i hope you rest in peace cause with us you never did

Comment

i got gonorrhea, fuck you trashed
                              Originally posted by Tone
                              It is now time for the energy shift of the 7th root race to manifest on the 3D physical plane and uplift us back to 5D.
                              Originally posted by the_paul
                              Gargle battery acid fuckface
                              Originally posted by Material Girl
                              I tried downloading a soundcard

Comment

Working...
                              X