Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ATTN: Need some help from the US citizens.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATTN: Need some help from the US citizens.

So I am applying to go to the US for 1 semester, this would be January to May 2009. And as a part of the application I have to list roughly 10 Universities I would like to go too. This because they cant guarantee a placement with your number one choice. Anyway I am looking at the following Universities:

Elmhurst College Illinois
    Edgewood College Wisconsin
    Roanoke College Virginia
    Virginia Tech
    West Virginia University
    Butler University Indiana
    Ball State University Indiana
    Southern Connecticut State University
    Mars Hill College North Carolina
    Eckerd College Florida

And I was wondering if you guys/girls could give me some feedback on these (distort on VT?), what are positive points, what are negative points, what about the surroundings/area, are any of these really religious (as in everyone attends the college church on Sunday, bible reading before class, etc.) how are the facilities, how is the reputation education wise. Anything you guys/girls could give me about these Universities would be awesome. Seeing as I also have to write a whole 'Why I want to go there' essay for each separate University.

My main focus is on Business, but I can basically take any course I want. I will mainly focus on Business though, with possibly 1 or 2 psychology classes.

(note, I can only choose Universities on this list: Universities, so suggesting others would be nice, but I cant apply to those)
    Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

I could give feedback on a lot of those colleges, but they wouldn't be first-hand.

Southern Connecticut State University:
    You're going to be in a not so-nice city of New Haven (or at least on the outskirts of it). You'll be about 60 minutes from New York City, and about 30 minutes from Hartford. The campus is modern, so when you pass by Yale on your way to school every day and see their beautiful Ivy buildings, you may be a bit disappointed, if that's your thing. It's a pretty big party school, but you're probably too old for that anyway.

As far as state colleges go for Connecticut, they're not so great. My MBA adviser at UConn, however, got his bachelors in business management there, and from what he's told me, their program is still pretty solid. Because it's a state school, there are going to be a lot of kids with varying degrees of intellect, but as far as the business school goes, you'll be surrounded by the brightest students at the school.

Sports wise it's not a known school for anything besides Soccer, but you have to remember that a school in America that is big on Soccer is not going to be a ra-ra school like: V-Tech, WVU and even (at least a bigger extent than SCSU) Ball State.

Comment

I hear Roanoke College and Roanoke itself are pretty boring.

You don't drink, so absolutely don't go to WVU. It's a huge party school.

I know jack shit about the rest of those schools, so they must be pretty small. You're probably not going to want to end up in Wisconsin, it's cold as shit.

Looking over the rest of the list here are the ones I have input on:
      San Diego State: it's a party school too but you get the benefit of great weather, beaches, and a school located in a decent-sized metropolitan area

Howard: Historically black. Given your propensity for racially insensitive remarks, not a good idea.

Southern Illinois: Drove through Carbondale once, seemed nice, but it's a typical college town. Nearest big city is St. Louis, which is a shithole.

Loyola New Orleans: It's a Jesuit school, so some of your teachers are priests or whatever, but my best friend went there and theres no religious shit you have to do. New Orleans for a few months would be the most unique experience you could have out of anything on this list.

UNC Asheville: Asheville is fucking awesome, really laid back people, gorgeous mountains, and a big enough downtown area that you don't feel like you're in the middle of fucking nowhere. I could see you liking it down there. Don't know much about the school though other than that it's pretty big.

Virgina Commonwealth (VCU): i like VCU but there is literally nothing there that you would like

My suggestion is that you at least look into UNCA.
      5:gen> man
      5:gen> i didn't know shade's child fucked bluednady

Comment

penn state
        DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 8 CHAMP
        DICE TWLB SEASON 10 CHAMP
        DICE TWLB SEASON 11 CHAMP
        DICE TWLB SEASON 13 CHAMP
        DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 15 CHAMP
        DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 16 CHAMP

1:waven> i promised myself that the only way id ever roid
        1:waven> is if im going to prison
        1:waven> no one gonna try to rape me

Comment

Originally posted by megaman89 View Post
          penn state
          You didn't even read his post did you.

Comment

What do you mean with ra-ra university Paulo? And any feedback would be great, first-hand or not, you will still know more than me probably.

And thanks face, Ill look at UNCA. And I do not really have a propensity for racial insensitive remarks. I know my thread on here and the quote by Bloodzombie. But I am incredibly anti-racism and I am someone who thinks before he talks so definitely if I would be talking about anything having to do with race I think about how to best say it. Anyway, that's not important.

I would love to play soccer while in the US, but I know that might not be possible or hard. I will find that out once I know if I can go and to which University.
            Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

Originally posted by Galleleo View Post
              What do you mean with ra-ra university Paulo?
              Huge tailgating, huge venues for sports, huge followings outside the school for the sports teams.
              http://youtube.com/watch?v=yiJbOCbiQSI&feature=related
              http://youtube.com/watch?v=G7_ALOF0ip8
              http://youtube.com/watch?v=vSY4nAUF2N0&feature=related

Comment

Eckerd college in FL

I know nothing about the school but St Petersburg is in a nice part of Florida. You've got Tampa, and Clearwater as neighboring towns/cities which offer all sorts of things to do plus nice beaches and such.

I am not sure if you've been to a School's Wiki, but there is an Eckered College wiki that has a nice overview of campus life and the like.
                I agree.

Comment

Don't come to Wisconsin... Unless you want buttsecks.. I won't charge you for the first time either!

Comment

Check out UVA (University of Virginia), pretty big campus and some nice buildings. Hard as shit to get into IIRC (3.5 GPA minimum I believe?) so it won't be a party school that you'd be bored at.
                    My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

Comment

DON'T GO TO SCSU. It's really in the middle of construction, and it's not even that good of a school for the CT area. If you are looking for good schools in Connecticut, look at UConn. It's not too much more expensive than SCSU, and it's a much better university.

SCSU is the place everyone that doesn't really hit their stride in High School goes in CT. You'll hate it there.
                      Originally posted by Jeenyuss
                      sometimes i thrust my hips so my flaccid dick slaps my stomach, then my taint, then my stomach, then my taint. i like the sound.

Comment

Originally posted by Liquid Blue View Post
                        Check out UVA (University of Virginia), pretty big campus and some nice buildings. Hard as shit to get into IIRC (3.5 GPA minimum I believe?) so it won't be a party school that you'd be bored at.
                        It's also pretty expensive if you don't live in UVA (compared to the other schools on the list), and they only take 20% of their admitants from out of state. I don't know how UVA @ Wise is though, is that the main campus? If UVA @ Wise is the main campus, then you're looking at one of the top 25 schools in the US.

What people fail to realize when they're out of school with a Bachelor's of Business and they're selling water coolers door to door after attending four years at Cornell is that they didn't look into the networking the school has to offer. You can go to a shitty school which has a decent business program, and if you talk to your professors professionally and have them help you with internships, you'll be looking at great jobs regardless. A business degree is really worth nothing in the real world, it's what you do and take from during the time you're getting your degree that's worth a cent.

Engineering on the other hand... just get a 2.5 or higher and you're pretty much set. Buggers.

Comment

Originally posted by Galleleo View Post
                          So I am applying to go to the US for 1 semester, this would be January to May 2009. And as a part of the application I have to list roughly 10 Universities I would like to go too. This because they cant guarantee a placement with your number one choice. Anyway I am looking at the following Universities:

Elmhurst College Illinois
                          Edgewood College Wisconsin
                          Roanoke College Virginia
                          Virginia Tech
                          West Virginia University
                          Butler University Indiana
                          Ball State University Indiana
                          Southern Connecticut State University
                          Eckerd College Florida

And I was wondering if you guys/girls could give me some feedback on these (distort on VT?), what are positive points, what are negative points, what about the surroundings/area, are any of these really religious (as in everyone attends the college church on Sunday, bible reading before class, etc.) how are the facilities, how is the reputation education wise. Anything you guys/girls could give me about these Universities would be awesome. Seeing as I also have to write a whole 'Why I want to go there' essay for each separate University.

My main focus is on Business, but I can basically take any course I want. I will mainly focus on Business though, with possibly 1 or 2 psychology classes.

(note, I can only choose Universities on this list: Universities, so suggesting others would be nice, but I cant apply to those)
                          half of those colleges seem like community colleges, like they are shitty.. go to a state school like virginia tech or west virginia or go to a private school like ball state

southern connecticut isnt that a community college? you need to research this shit better, cuz I wouldnt want to go to half of those, and I live in the US
                          RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
                          RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

UVA at Wise is not the main campus.
                            5:gen> man
                            5:gen> i didn't know shade's child fucked bluednady

Comment

Just north of Asheville NC, see Facetious post about UNC at Asheville. I attended UNCA back in the 1970s and I have also taken a classes at Mars Hill.

IMO the biggest value is that both are small schools with small class sizes. UNCA is considered a liberal arts school and Mars Hill is considered a good school if you are thinking about going into teaching/education.

Both schools are a few minutes from national parks which offer mountain biking, white water rafting, hiking, camping etc.

Comment

Working...
                              X