Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone ever taken a Greyhound bus? (Toronto terminal in particular)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone ever taken a Greyhound bus? (Toronto terminal in particular)

Was just wondering if anyone has rode on a Greyhound bus, and what it was like. I'm gonna be taking one alone pretty soon, and in particular I was just wondering if the terminals are really skeezy with homeless people and those types, or if they're okay.

I'm gonna be sitting in Toronto for nearly 1 1/2 hours waiting for a connecting bus, and I don't want to get mugged or something, heh. Oh, and is there places to get something to eat? I am clueless about Toronto, so I'm probably just going to be sitting in the terminal for the entire time.
    Last edited by Stabwound; 01-07-2008, 10:37 AM.
    sdg

Originally posted by Stabwound View Post
    Was just wondering if anyone has rode on a Greyhound bus, and what it was like. I'm gonna be taking one alone pretty soon, and in particular I was just wondering if the terminals are really skeezy with homeless people those types, or if they're okay.

I'm gonna be sitting in Toronto for nearly 1 1/2 hours waiting for a connecting bus, and I don't want to get mugged or something, heh. Oh, and is there places to get something to eat? I am clueless about Toronto, so I'm probably just going to be sitting in the terminal for the entire time.
    I used to take greyhound back and forth from NYC up to Ithaca to see my girlfriend when I was young, and that bus came out of Port Authority. I was, of course, used to city life, so the homeless people and the stink of the terminal didn't really bother me, more the anxiety of perhaps being caught with the drugs in my bag.

I had some pretty interesting conversations with the people sitting next to me on those buses, and also some particularly weird people that sat next to me, including a guy that would not stop beat boxing D:

Comment

Bring your iPod or PSP or DS or something that'll keep you entertained while you wait. If you can venture outside of the station for anything cool, I suggest that too. But, don't worry about getting mugged or anything. You're in public and there will be a lot of people around. Just stay out of dark alleys and you should be cool.
      DELETED

Comment

I haven't been through there but Cops says there are some homeless people. The HBC building is close to Yonge and Bloor so there might be some places to eat.

Edit: I've never had any problems with people in Toronto. I work on Front St. and there are a lot of people who sit near Union Station and beg. Just stay in places with a lot of people and don't drag around a few hundred.
        Last edited by Kolar; 01-07-2008, 12:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Stabwound View Post
          Was just wondering if anyone has rode on a Greyhound bus, and what it was like.
          I took it once (from L.A. to San Diego). It was fairly empty and it was great. But it is only good when it is not so crowded. Coz the other time I took the coach from London to Paris, it was crowded, horrible and full of cheapstakes like myself :fear:
          ☕ 🍔 🍅 🍊🍏

Comment

scared of homeless ppl? lol pussy

Comment

Hey stabwound. I have been on a greyhound bus and have been to the toronto greyhound bus station many times. You have nothing to worry about. there is a little restaurant there if you want to eat. I suggest you explore the area a little bit because it is right in downtown toronto (near the eaton centre). there are a ton of restaurants nearby as well. the only scary part is the pigeons that hang out inside the terminal.

Comment

Greyhound isn't that bad. Just bring a long some music and you should be fine. I usually just fall asleep on the ride home anyways, so it's not a big deal.

As for the Toronto bus terminal, it's in a pretty good area. There is a big waiting area in terminal with seats and what not and a little place to eat if you don't wish to leave the terminal. However, if you do decide to take a walk outside and stretch your legs, just make your way to Young Street (It's no less than 5 minutes away). There, you will find some places to eat (Hard Rock Cafe), and there is also the mall which is across from the Hard Rock. You should be able to survive your 1.5 hours in downtown Toronto just fine. : )
                duel pasta <ER>> i can lick my asshole

Mattey> put me in corch

zidane> go kf urself pork

Comment

Well, the terminal is alright.
                  Is in a pretty much downtown area, lots of places within walking distance so dont need to worry much.
                  I haven't been downtown lately, but there are homeless people around, they're not dangerous though, just ignore them if you dont want to give them change. :P

1.5 hours... you can probably walk out, grab a bite, come back to the terminal. =D
                  AcidBomber <ER> ^-^

Comment

The Toronto station is in a great area. There's tons of food choices if you just walk outside a bit. There's a big underground mall to the south-east of the station, and the largest mall in downtown (Eaton Centre) is a block away. Toronto is generally a really safe city, one where I walk around at 3am at night all the time downtown with absolutely no problems.
                    Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
                    www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
                    www.animeslice.com

Comment

Awesome. Thanks for the info, guys. I really appreciate it.
                      sdg

Comment

watch out for eelam
                        DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 8 CHAMP
                        DICE TWLB SEASON 10 CHAMP
                        DICE TWLB SEASON 11 CHAMP
                        DICE TWLB SEASON 13 CHAMP
                        DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 15 CHAMP
                        DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 16 CHAMP

1:waven> i promised myself that the only way id ever roid
                        1:waven> is if im going to prison
                        1:waven> no one gonna try to rape me

Comment

Lol, how come the Americans fear the homeless so much.....weak, malnourished and stupid are not good combat strengths.

Comment

Originally posted by MetalHeadz View Post
                            Lol, how come the Americans fear the homeless so much.....weak, malnourished and stupid are not good combat strengths.
                            Craziness and being unpredictable are a little threatening however, especially in people who are very desperate to gain money. Most Americans don't fear the homeless anyway, we just ignore them.
                            Originally posted by Tone
                            Women who smoke cigarettes are sexy, not repulsive. It depends on the number smoked. less is better

Comment

Originally posted by megaman89 View Post
                              watch out for eelam
                              a hahahahhahahaha
                              duel pasta <ER>> i can lick my asshole

Mattey> put me in corch

zidane> go kf urself pork

Comment

Working...
                              X