Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stockholm

Hi,

I want to book a hotel in in Stockholm for a weekend trip and im asking for your help, if you can.

Expedia gives me a choice of certain area's, but I can't find well informed information online about what these certain area's are. I'm talking about: gamla stan, norrmalm, ostermalm, sodermalm, sodertajle, solna, taby, vasastaden.

I want to be close to restaurants and brown cafe/bars and daytime activity. The age of the group is a little under the 30's.

What i could find is that Sodermalm is for the younger generation. Since that's very relative, does that mean 30 year olds or 16 year olds?

In short, which area would suit me?

Thanks in advantage.
    Take care.

since you are only staying for a week or a weekend Im guessing you are only going to visit the most centre parts of the town where all the major touristattractions,shoppingplaces and clubs are located and I would try to find a place to live closeby eventho it might cost a bit more. Im sure there is some hostel or fairly cheap hotel you can find online. Make sure its close to a subway station tho cos that will simplify your trip alot. Eventho Stockholm is not a very big city when you compare to other major cities around the world its still built on a fucking archipelago so the subway is needed for transportation (taxi is expensive in Sweden)

Right in the centre of Stockholm, located on a small island, you have the "gamla stan" (old town) with some major touristattractions. The two islands right north and south of this old town is the new "modern" centre (Östermalm and Norrmalm to the north, and Södermalm/hammarby in the south) where you will find some seriously good clubbing,shopping and restaurants. As I said in the beginning, this is where you wanna stay. I think the area to the north is bigger and also has some of the more luxurious places. Personally Ive always enjoyed myself more when Ive been out on the southern island but I cant really give you any information on a specific place to go cos I dont know the city well enough for that. You could try the club debaser tho, they recently opened up here in Malmö with the same theme as they have up in Stockholm and I like it here so Im sure its good up there too.

sorry if I couldnt be more helpful but I live too far away. Dont think we have many people from Stockholm actually playing this game (anymore) but maybe some of the finns could help you out cos I know some of them visit Stockholm quite regulary.
    Originally posted by Tyson
    There is no such thing as hoologians there are only football supporters.
    Originally posted by HeavenSent
    Hello? Ever tried to show a Muslim a picture of Mohammed? I dare anyone to try. You will die.
    Originally posted by Izor
    Women should never be working in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by Mantra-Slider View Post
      Right in the centre of Stockholm, located on a small island, you have the "gamla stan" (old town) with some major touristattractions. The two islands right north and south of this old town is the new "modern" centre (Östermalm and Norrmalm to the north, and Södermalm/hammarby in the south) where you will find some seriously good clubbing,shopping and restaurants. As I said in the beginning, this is where you wanna stay.
      Thanks for the reply, your help is very helpfull. However, i dont completely understand the text what i just quotes above. Maybe it's too early in the morning, but could you clearify the following a bit more?

You say "this is where you wanna stay" is the small island (gamla stan), the island right north (Östermalm and Norrmalm) or the island south (Södermalm/hammarby). So where do i wanna stay? Anyone of them?

Thanks.

Comment

it means you can live where ever you want as long as you are close to a subway station but I would personally live in any of those areas cos thats where you are gonna be all the time anyway.
        Hello? Ever tried to show a Muslim a picture of Mohammed? I dare anyone to try. You will die.

Comment

thanks.

Comment

OK booked.

Sodormalm here we come!

Is there any funny swedish slang I could learn to use on the sweeds?
            Like klåda låda... or something?

Comment

Jag er inte sjuk, jag er bara svensk.
              Da1andonly> man this youghurt only made me angry

5:ph> n0ah will dangle from a helicopter ladder and just reduce the landscape to ashes by sweeping his beard across it

Comment

there is a fun swedish slang swedes use for eachother:

blattar or blatte if you are talking to a single person. Pronounced as written with the accent on the short T sound. That should make you feel more welcome, gets people smiling.
                Originally posted by Disliked
                However, I have a bigger problem, being an atheist for 9 years, most of it during my teenage years I've become a little addicted to masterbation. I've tried to stop and even asked God to help but I'm unable to resist the temptation and it's driving me insane with grief.

Originally posted by concealed
                when i was on incuria i took 40 mgs of adderol like an hour before every match. didnt help me that much :X

Comment

noah, it means 'im not dumb, im only swedish"?

crven; According to wiktionary you are being a rasist
                  I could use that in sence of irony.... "Jag -not- er blatte, jag aria" ?

Comment

jag är inte blatte, jag är bosnier!

or if u wanna use elite slang:

ja e ente blatte, ja e bosnia!

Comment

serbia > bosnia

take that, korven!
                      Originally Posted by HeavenSent
                      You won't have to wait another 4 years.
                      There wont be another election for president.
                      Obama is the Omega President.
                      http://wegotstoned.blogspot.com/

Comment

stick it up your ass Da1 <_<

meh you need to have more faith in people Seal...where is the fun in checking everything.

Side note off topic: the gf wouldn't rent Shawn of the dead some years ago cuz it was 1st of april and she was convinced I made it up...
                        Originally posted by Disliked
                        However, I have a bigger problem, being an atheist for 9 years, most of it during my teenage years I've become a little addicted to masterbation. I've tried to stop and even asked God to help but I'm unable to resist the temptation and it's driving me insane with grief.

Originally posted by concealed
                        when i was on incuria i took 40 mgs of adderol like an hour before every match. didnt help me that much :X

Comment

Faith in trenchwars community. HMMM

Ah fuck it. I'll tell you what.
                          Tell me something I should "not" say to a swedish woman (preferable swedish blond twins looking for a pillow fight) and I will have faith. I won't check what it is. Something nasty and insulting and which even the foreign accent won't safe!

Something in the line of "se il cazzo avesse le ali, la tua fica sarebbe un aereoporto" (it's italian slang)

Comment

Working...
                          X