Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elimination / Competition Proposition

Combination of Elimination and Base-Elim

The combination of these two again would be a great improvement to Trench Wars and I will tell you the reasons why in just a second. Base-Elim cannot really run on it's own anymore, at most it will have 10 people playing. Elimination is the exact opposite, it has been pushing numbers as far as 60. What does this mean to the Trench Wars community? In economics we would relate it as to hitting a surplus in warbirds. A surplus in warbirds means there will not be enough squads to meet the demand for this. (point C-see below))

With a combination of two, benefit(s): And things to do:
    1) Go back to the way Priitk built this system (one elim), therefore, bringing vets back.

2) Introduce the javelin ship to the one shippers (Therefore increasing skill in 2 ships and making TWL more competitive(something we have not seen this season).

3) Bring back the ranking system with a RESET from the start. (Will give new players something to strive for when they are actually top 5)
    -Think of some creative way to disable feeders. (If player kills blahblah >8x, then player specced at 10 deaths. Some kind of argument

(Make it so the bots minimum to be ranked is both have at least 15 games in each division totalling over 100 kills in each, but still combined 500 deaths/kills to rank

4) Creation of a new elimination MAP (New obstacles to stick around instead of boring rocks and TREES in space. Would make it more fun and Interesting.

Point C - Little off topic of Elim and Baseelim but combined in a way.

5) Yes, with the huge numbers in warbird and lack of competition lately, this is only showing that maybe roster numbers should be decreased a little bit. The roster cap should be enforced. It should be respective to the amount of players your league actually needs.

If = 1 League (Double players amount needed, add subs)
    If = 2 Leagues. (Double players needed (Subs are included as 2 shippers)
    If = 3 Leagues. (Players Needed + Players needed/2 [Enhancement of 3leaguers] 30 is a respective number)

If an inactive player wants to play for a team for TWD, allow them to on a different roster requirement.
    I found a nickel and I bought a fishing pole, Then I sold some fish, got a raft, fished more, sold massive fish, sold raft, bought a ship, hired a first mate (awesome), picked up a crew, won TWL.....

http://pirates.exquisitehosting.com/...ercules_02.gif

Fuck that shit.
    As someone who mostly plays elim, and on behalf of other haters of yellow ship, I say no.

LOL @ the vets comment. Doubt it will bring them back, and if it does, who cares?

At this moment elim is active enough; no need to make any changes.
    1:Kthx> Hey Cower ill let you play the next game if you can name me five medieval weapons.
    1:Cower> Sword
    1:Kthx> ok
    1:Cower> Axe
    1:Kthx> WAIT, YOU GOT IT
    1:Cower> ?
    1:Kthx> GET OFF THE CHAT

Comment

Ward, it is a proposition to merge the elimination on people's interest, not just mine. Everyone is entitled to an opinion though, thanks for your negative input.
      I found a nickel and I bought a fishing pole, Then I sold some fish, got a raft, fished more, sold massive fish, sold raft, bought a ship, hired a first mate (awesome), picked up a crew, won TWL.....

Comment

I agree with the merging of the elims, and you have your points as well, however, expect people (I think death row has a strong opinion on this) to say "No fucking way" to this, because he thinks you're doing this to have more people play javs, and javs have enough arenas to play in (Tourny, baseelim, javs, javduel). I agree with him to a sense, but if the whole population is divided in many arenas, it's not going to be very fun at all.

Personally I'd liked to see one hugely populated place to play in rather than lots of places with less players.

I think players need to stop being a bit selfish with arenas.

e.g. "Javs should fuck off to their own arena, elim is warbirds, it's ours"

This is the kind of thing that decreases population, ignorance to what could make this game way more popular.

If more people start to play this game, by all means split the arena again, it can be done almost instantly by uploading the maps again and stuff, but right now I think elims merging is a great direction to step into.
        (Twerp and Duel Pasta)
        5:dads revenge> they are both actually my virtual pet salamanders I have to feed them virtual flies 3 times a day

1: Pandagirl!> What do I say back to that
        1: Pandagirl!> How about "lol"
        1: winipcfg> despite "lol"'s versatility, I don't think that'd be good in the situation

If you can't beat them, eat them. ?go zombies3 - Chao <ER>

Ricko> mvp gets poppadums from weak's corner shop

Comment

Originally posted by Hercules View Post
          Ward, it is a proposition to merge the elimination on people's interest, not just mine. Everyone is entitled to an opinion though, thanks for your negative input.
          Herc do you even play elim lol.. Who are you to 'propose' here all of the sudden?
          1:Kthx> Hey Cower ill let you play the next game if you can name me five medieval weapons.

Comment

joining the 2 is a bad idea, for many reasons not limited too:

1: I play elim to get away from javing
            2:If for some strange reason i want to jav, ill go tourny, nothing else ever really gets picked, which sucks
            3: If you truley need more javs for baseelim get rid of ?go javs, but personnally go javs is better then baseelim
            4:ELIM HAS 60 PPL + FOR A REASON same with baseelim, let them be
            Devest.proboards.com

2:Lance> OMG
            2:Lance> BCG is afking in my arena
            2:Master of Dragons> you got steve'd

Creator/Co-Creator of:

?go Prisonbreak, Twcountry, Hathunt, Treehunt, Birthday, Divbase, Defense, Devest, Trifecta, CSDOM, Brickbase, Sharkball, HateBase, Hatetf, Assassin, JavTerror, JavHunt, XmasZombies.

New Maps are in production...

Comment

Herc, you know I got much love for ya, but I have to disagree on this. I hate javs. I literally don't like to play it unless I'm bored and then I'll humor myself with an occasional jd, or maybe ?go tourny. But elim is for people who love to play wb's, and for the most part, elim is still kicking strong. There are enough players who love to play wb, that that arena will probably never die. It's not what it use to be, but it's more than adequate. Now, if there aren't enough javs who truely love to keep that arena going, then I don't feel the ppl who play wb should suffer and have to wait. Especially those days where a lot of javs might invade that arena and continually vote for it.

I won't speak for anyone else, but I personally will just log-off then. Because I'm not going to wait for that. Maybe other wb's will log off too, who knows. But I just feel wb's should play in their arena, javs play in theirs. And if baseelim can't field enough players, well then that probably says a lot right there on what people think of that. For the most part, people still get to play javs in ?go tourny and ?go javs.
              RaCka> how can i get you here
              death row> well basically im holdin off cuz i jus joined sweet. so its not u, its me
              RaCka> YOU'RE DUMPING ME?!?!?!?
              death row> LOL I KNOW I JUS READ THAT LINE AGAIN

Comment

So with all my reasons listed, you just dont want it because its a "pure" wb arena? Fuck the javs? There is a wbduel, tournament, tourny as well, just get someplayers go to there and vote wb, it aint hard.. i was just trying to make the playerbase more skillful then in 1 ship... What if it randomed out of 6, 1 Wb, 1 Jav, 1 vote, 1 Wb, 1 Jav, 1 Random Ships, repeat pattern of 6..

Would that make it more likable or no ?

Comment

no, but thats not a bad idea for tourny
                  Devest.proboards.com

2:Lance> OMG
                  2:Lance> BCG is afking in my arena
                  2:Master of Dragons> you got steve'd

Creator/Co-Creator of:

?go Prisonbreak, Twcountry, Hathunt, Treehunt, Birthday, Divbase, Defense, Devest, Trifecta, CSDOM, Brickbase, Sharkball, HateBase, Hatetf, Assassin, JavTerror, JavHunt, XmasZombies.

New Maps are in production...

Comment

Originally posted by Hercules View Post
                    So with all my reasons listed, you just dont want it because its a "pure" wb arena? Fuck the javs? There is a wbduel, tournament, tourny as well, just get someplayers go to there and vote wb, it aint hard.. i was just trying to make the playerbase more skillful then in 1 ship... What if it randomed out of 6, 1 Wb, 1 Jav, 1 vote, 1 Wb, 1 Jav, 1 Random Ships, repeat pattern of 6..

Would that make it more likable or no ?
                    Nah bro, my post wasn't intended to say "fuck the javs." My point was that elim and baseelim have been seperated for a while now. And baseelim use to be pretty active by itself. Why it eventually died out, I'm not too sure. But when they were seperated, it made a lot of people happy, who like to play their own ship of preference. I just think it's unfair to the people in elim who actually enjoy playing it at it's current setting. Just because there isn't enough javs to keep it's own arena alive, shouldn't reflect on us elimers. That was my whole point.

Your ideas were definitely good, very well thought out. But I just wouldn't want to see a change, IMHO.
                    death row> well basically im holdin off cuz i jus joined sweet. so its not u, its me

Comment

This is a desperate attempt for javs to somehow resurrect baseelim - to dump it into elim arena. If people dont like javs, they don't like it, they don't play it. There's no need to fuck up elim arena and rub the ugly yellow ship in peoples faces. So if you're trying to spoil the fun of warbirds by mixing it up, go fuck yourself.
                      Last edited by Ward; 02-17-2008, 06:07 AM.

Comment

I understand what you guys say 100%

I was just trying to go for the ability to increase the players average ability to play 2 ships. Like the older days when everyone was skillful in two ships. Thats my two cents. I guess you guys see it more as a I want to be able to play the same ship no matter what approach and both can stay seperate, which is cool

Comment

Originally posted by Wax
                          The decision isnt really up to us, Herc.

You have two people (Ward and DRow) who are generalizing and speaking for many people. Many of which who may or may not feel the same. Or support their comments for that matter.

This doesnt mean your idea is bad. I happen to like the idea. Its just that we need the right people, who actually have the ability to make or not make this happen, to respond and give input. Good luck with that.
                          Not at all. Actually, I even said earlier that I don't speak for everyone. That I was only speaking for myself. I'm sure there are a lot of wb's who might like this idea, and some who might not.

Comment

frankly, it would be cool if elim and baseelim were in the same arena... i'm pretty sure that is impossible. but if elim could happen on half the arena and baseelim on the other half.. perhaps people would play javs while waiting for the elim game to end or something. people don't like to leave the arena, trust me, they are that lazy
                            violence> dont talk 2 me until u got 900+fbook friends and can take 1 dribble from the 3 point line n dunk

[Aug 23 03:03] Oops: 1:siaxis> you try thta ill play possom then reverse roundhouse kick your life
                            [Aug 23 03:20] money: LOL NOT QUITE VIO BUT 5:siaxis> you try thta ill play possom then reverse roundhouse kick your life

Comment

i was thinking what pascone said, at least there will be more people to chat with :sick:

Comment

Working...
                              X