Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please move the TW servers back to Finland.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please move the TW servers back to Finland.

The Packetloss have incresed alot after the move to USA ISP. (InternetServiceProvider)

Isent there anyone out there that can host TW servers on a fast ISP... the ISP that hosting now are probably very overloaded cos of the high packetloss after the move

Cry... I miss the old good fast times...

maybe sunet in sweden could host TW for free. ?!
    MoooHaaa

Aparently it costs roughly twice as much to host it in Europe than the US.. The only reason the server was in Finland was because Sonera hosted it for free.

Best thing you can probably do to get rid of your packetloss is to get a new ISP.

Comment

I tested packetloss (using MTR form linux) to the servers and it same poor quality from 4 different ISPs.

As I said its the ISP thats hosting TW thats having the problem
      MoooHaaa

Comment

Are you playing from Euro? I still get packetloss using cable on the east coast.
        Last edited by Kolar; 04-01-2003, 02:00 PM.

Comment

iam located in sweden
          MoooHaaa

Comment

From what I recall... TW has already moved to their own private server (before the DDOS attack). I might be mistaken.
            <3 TW Radio

Comment

KEEP IT IN THE US!
              1:Necromotic> my belt has a pokemon on it

1:Tigerex> My Belt has a decapitated Badger on it. Can i be in your sig please

Comment

Let's not start a thread and fight over where the server will be. It's will go to where it was before. That is... before the DDOS attack.
                <3 TW Radio

Comment

I think we all should check big ISPs and use contacts we have...to make sure we can get the best ISP for the Server for free.
                  I guess USA people want the server inUSA,, but if you only have 5 hop and packetloss, you should prefer 20 hops and with no packetloss.

Packetloss are the devils on internet
                  MoooHaaa

Comment

i live in the uk (notts) and i used 2 get pings of 180 on a VERY good day (250 on normal day) i only have 56k at tho mo but upgrading soon. but since the move i have been getting 500 and sometimes NOCONNECTION at all. mind u SS has been haked alot aparently and when that stops i would think it will get better.
                    - Who is General Failure, and why is he reading my hard disk? -

- Life is a game. Shit, I've lost the Bastard Dice... -

Comment

500 ms average on peak times from a 56k? That isn't that bad.

I mean... it's better then AOL.
                      <3 TW Radio

Comment

lol yer AOL is crap i think it is the crapest ISP i have ever seen!

Comment

Originally posted by Lea
                          500 ms average on peak times from a 56k? That isn't that bad.

I mean... it's better then AOL.
                          I used to get 350ms on my 56k AOL. So I changed to Freeserve and now I get about 210ms average. If only I could get broadband where I live. :/

Comment

hey some 1 in the same situation i am in... i cant get BB untill our exchange is updated. i am on freeserve aswell and it is the best 1 i have had up to yet.

Comment

Originally posted by NaiLed
                              I used to get 350ms on my 56k AOL. So I changed to Freeserve and now I get about 210ms average. If only I could get broadband where I live. :/
                              You had America Online in England? The disease is spreading.
                              5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
                              5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
                              5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

Working...
                              X