My comp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My comp

Sometimes it makes a sound like "eeeep-chuk-chuk-bzzzz" and it scares me. How do I stop my computer from being retarded?
    Da1andonly> man this youghurt only made me angry

5:ph> n0ah will dangle from a helicopter ladder and just reduce the landscape to ashes by sweeping his beard across it

Sounds like a unstable CPU. Are you overclocking you naughty boy???

If so, change the voltage or add a fan.
    <3 TW Radio

Comment

Send me that freak computer sound translator book..

(I just wanted to see what any1 could post outta this)

If it were an actual problem it would maybe something stuck in a fan, cuz a CPU itself doesn't make any sound. In worst case the fun would stop working and the part it cooled would either get destroyed or just hang the computer b4 it got any damage.

Nice try tho
      Yes I am overclocking
      Yes I am naughty
      Da1andonly> man this youghurt only made me angry

5:ph> n0ah will dangle from a helicopter ladder and just reduce the landscape to ashes by sweeping his beard across it

Comment

Re: My comp

Originally posted by Noah
        sound like "eeeep-chuk-chuk-bzzzz"
        my computer makes funny sounds now and then, as i build them i would think that it is a fan or a hard drive. also cdroms make sound some cdrom makes have there cdroms make sounds with there motors.

but from the "eeeep-chuk-chuk-bzzzz" (u can picture me reading this and making retarded sounds) i think it could be a harddrive if it is not a constant sound as the disk spins up and instalizes, thus causing sound. or the cd if it iregular, this shares the similar princible as the hard drive. yet if it i constant it will be a fan. it will not be a CPU as they make no sound at all. clean out the fans, tie up any losse wires, make sure the fan is cliped in properly aswell.

>JiMsTeR!<

new 2 this forum, i usualy use ssforum
        - Who is General Failure, and why is he reading my hard disk? -

- Life is a game. Shit, I've lost the Bastard Dice... -

Comment

How do I stop my computer from being retarded?
          I was refering the stability of the CPU to this problem.

You naughty boy... tsk tsk tsk.
          <3 TW Radio

Comment

Re

I didnt read any of your replys because I didnt see any Keywords whcih suggested you actually know what the problem is.

The sound you described is that of a dying harddrive. It could be making that noise because it is getting to hot, or it is on its way out.

BTW. Processors do not make noises becasue they arnt mechanical like a harddrive.

There ya go.
            How low shoud I lay my mines?

Comment

Re

Wow, I made some big typos last reply. And I actually saw someone suggest it was the HD. gj.
              How low shoud I lay my mines?

Comment

Working...
              X