PDA

View Full Version : Open Thread - Comment

MBananas
04-14-2008, 11:19 AM
Feel free to comment, do suggestions, compliments or even criticize in a reasonable way.

Warning: Don't waste this link between BWC Staff and Players with deliberated verbal harassments.

Note: We are aware of the unbalanced number of players between the teams and a decision will be taken in a few days. Feel free to suggest it aswell.

H.M.S. Stargazer
04-14-2008, 11:37 AM
Okay, Just a suggestion, as it is being discussed in the other thread.
Canada has an abundance of people. Maybe switch to east and West canada.
Or Quebec and Rest of Canada.(I realize the irony of this)

Dreamwin
04-14-2008, 12:31 PM
Has there been any scheduling yet? (Captains,(Assistants)start time etc.)

Jeenyuss
04-14-2008, 12:59 PM
there are less quebecois then there are western canadians. would the rest of europe benefit much from having belgium added to them so benelux turns into just the netherlands?

HateTheFake
04-14-2008, 02:31 PM
will anyone on the usa/canada team get a default 2 min start when playing euro players?

For lag reasons :)

Zerzera
04-14-2008, 03:22 PM
Warning: Don't waste this link between BWC Staff and Players with deliberated verbal harassments.

will anyone on the usa/canada team get a default 2 min start when playing euro players?

For lag reasons :)

Thank God I know who you are, or I would have given a serious response.

PjOtTeR
04-14-2008, 07:37 PM
Why isn't there put a shiplimit on the spider, like last seasons was the case.
One of the fun things about BWC for me was that you had to play a non-spider ship besides your terr and 2 sharks.
Why is this changed in the rules? and why isn't it done like it has been done before. Just because there are now new BWC ops or whatever you call them, doesn't mean you have to change such an important thing.
Why didn't you let everyone know you changed this? Atleast you should have put a poll up for this.

Just my 4 guilders

Menelvagor
04-14-2008, 11:50 PM
I have a suggestion for the Canada split.

Most suggest an east/west split like the USA split but i think this would work better:

Canada has a good amount of players, but the majority of our players are from eastern canada (ontario mostly i think), making the east/west split heavily dominated by the east team. If we elect two captains, who could work together to pick the two teams, making sure that 2 good starting sharks 1 good terr and some solid fighters were on each team. Canada could successfully field two competetive squads.

Without naming names I can count about 6 guys that could start in shark for a twlb squad (or have started shark for an lb squad). a couple solid terrs, with a few guys that could be thrown in, in a pinch. and easily 10 lb quality spids + some subs.

In terms of splitting the players, when the roster sign up is closed and the captains are picked, have the two canadian captains and a BWC op sit down, and have a turn by turn pick, or since i'm guessing all canadians would like to see a canadian team win, just sit down and devise what our two best lines are.

Herik
04-15-2008, 03:14 AM
is it gonna be played on actual twbd map?

LoGGi!
04-15-2008, 03:30 AM
3 things..
Old map
Point Race
4 spiders

Herik
04-15-2008, 04:32 AM
i suggest a newer map. we can use this as a chance to test another one B)

Dreamwin
04-15-2008, 06:12 AM
And i suggest good old twlb map.

Galleleo
04-15-2008, 08:05 AM
Why isn't there put a shiplimit on the spider, like last seasons was the case.
One of the fun things about BWC for me was that you had to play a non-spider ship besides your terr and 2 sharks.
Why is this changed in the rules? and why isn't it done like it has been done before. Just because there are now new BWC ops or whatever you call them, doesn't mean you have to change such an important thing.
Why didn't you let everyone know you changed this? Atleast you should have put a poll up for this.

Just my 4 guilders

I even forgot about this. They also changed to timerace after me repeatedly saying in staff chat that BWC should be pointrace/ set time most points game. If only ZeUs wouldn't have quit.

4 spid limit and pointrace/ set time most points game for the win!

Zeebu
04-15-2008, 03:21 PM
i didnt check the rules all that close yet, but if its found you're playing for a country you shouldnt be, what is the penalty?

in my opinion, just remove the person from bwc. i dont think its possible to accidentally get yourself put on the wrong team an not notice. should be a no mercy rule, especially since the point of the tournament is to play along with only the people from your country.

you should obviously give the captains a chance to make sure that all of their players are from the correct areas before it all starts though. you dont want to make a starter out of a person that could be removed halfway through the season.

schope
04-15-2008, 03:22 PM
Why dont you split teams like 2 teams canada and try some pre-season matches to see who actually will have problems to show up.

You could get 2 players that asked to be cap and draft the others on the same region. Guess this could be dont with east usa and canada.

Bolt
04-15-2008, 07:48 PM
my only suggestion is to split up the canadian and eastern u.s. teams. they both have about twice as many players as each other team. to encourage fairness we should try to keep the numbers fairly equal. further division by geography might create an imbalance, so perhaps menelvagor's idea would work: choosing captains who could alternately pick through the roster to create two even teams. East U.S. Team A + East U.S. Team 1 & Canada Team A + Canada Team 1! ;)

this would complicate which part of the world is best at basing in a sense. if that is a huge problem, then geographically separating the teams would be better, but you would have to find a fairly equal dividing line.

RednaZ
04-16-2008, 05:49 AM
Benelux always wins anywho, do whatever you want with the rest

FarScape
04-16-2008, 06:07 PM
Sad that we don't have South Koreans players... They would've show benlux from where the fish is peeing... Well they are busy zerg rushing in starcraft ^-^

schope
04-16-2008, 06:23 PM
http://www.raymond-nh.com/photos/newsflash.gif

Benelux wont win this year cause they've got DUEL PASTA!!!11

meddi
04-16-2008, 09:06 PM
At least they have a good excuse.

chars
04-16-2008, 09:13 PM
old twlb map ftw

Jeenyuss
04-16-2008, 09:18 PM
They would've show benlux from where the fish is peeing...

what

Dabram
04-17-2008, 04:13 AM
http://www.raymond-nh.com/photos/newsflash.gif

eh. why would he be a starter?!

Mantra-Slider
04-17-2008, 06:12 AM

LOL

Zeebu
04-17-2008, 08:31 AM

i felt the need to quote this a 3rd time

Pressure Drop
04-19-2008, 04:38 PM
put me on the RotW team ...

i've played there the last 2 or 3 BWC and i've already said i'd not be happy playing for UK & Ireland team as i don't see why Ireland has been put with the UK when it wasn't before.

i could go into more reasons about the political insensitivity off these changes

i'd rather i was just put on the roster i feel i should be on and that is RotW

Kim
04-19-2008, 04:58 PM
They would've show benlux from where the fish is peeing

Damn, what in tarnations is this??

PH
04-19-2008, 05:03 PM

i've played there the last 2 or 3 BWC and i've already said i'd not be happy playing for UK & Ireland team as i don't see why Ireland has been put with the UK when it wasn't before.

i could go into more reasons about the political insensitivity off these changes

i'd rather i was just put on the roster i feel i should be on and that is RotWyou unappreciative fuck, how dare you ruin this fantastic event with your selfishness???????

Summa
04-19-2008, 05:22 PM
i would just like to know who selected the caps, everyone seems to have a baser as cap except West USA, we have 2 wbs as our cap and asst...COOLIO

Wil
04-19-2008, 08:13 PM

I agree with you tbh. Republic of Ireland is not related to Britain at all apart from them both being in Europe and speaking English. Northern Ireland however is a part of Britain and should be kept.
This is a pretty sensitive issue and i don't think it has be thought over that carefully -_-

FarScape
04-19-2008, 09:36 PM
Damn, what in tarnations is this??

LOL, ok ill try to explain. Maybe Its known and I didn't write it good so ill be completely ridiculous.

There is a saying in Hebrew that you can translate it as "From where the fish is peeing". Because no body really know from where they do (or if they do), so its like proving something that it thought it couldn't be.

So if you say "benlux will win again" like its a proven fact or you so sure about it, then someone from Finland can say: "But wait! we got Mikkiz, He will show you and benlux from where the fish is peeing". So its like saying he can prove you wrong. :-P

MBananas
04-20-2008, 12:03 AM
lol far, good try B)

Jeenyuss
04-20-2008, 01:09 AM
LOL, ok ill try to explain. Maybe Its known and I didn't write it good so ill be completely ridiculous.

There is a saying in Hebrew that you can translate it as "From where the fish is peeing". Because no body really know from where they do (or if they do), so its like proving something that it thought it couldn't be.

So if you say "benlux will win again" like its a proven fact or you so sure about it, then someone from Finland can say: "But wait! we got Mikkiz, He will show you and benlux from where the fish is peeing". So its like saying he can prove you wrong. :-P
excretion is a necessary function for all living things.

Dreamwin
04-20-2008, 05:02 AM

Far :( its me not mikkiz, u traitor >:(

TagMor
04-20-2008, 05:37 AM

I agree, and as of this moment declare my boycott of the BWC event until the great nation of Ireland is removed from any and all association with England/British Union.

1916 - never forget

the_paul
04-21-2008, 12:17 AM
Can someone give me a real explanation as to why 2 non basers were capped for West USA over the incumbent and successful Vatican Assassin?

'There are many reasons' does not count as a viable explanation.

MirrorriM
04-21-2008, 12:59 AM
I know Canada has been figured out, so why is East US still huge? Wasnt the reason Canada split up was because it was gigantic? Every other team is around 30, but East US is double that.

WorstPlayerEver
04-21-2008, 02:21 AM
I know Canada has been figured out, so why is East US still huge? Wasnt the reason Canada split up was because it was gigantic? Every other team is around 30, but East US is double that.

I Agree.. Make a midwest team. :)

Galleleo
04-21-2008, 06:24 AM
Splitting up EAST USA now might give problems with the number of teams involved. There was room to split up Canada because Europe merged with ROTW.

megaman89
04-21-2008, 11:05 AM
do not split east usa. we will take benelux down with ease

Dabram
04-23-2008, 03:59 AM
i have to say gj on the site, it looks really cheap, but i don't mind, it's clean and simple. you two (daldur and mbananas) might be the newbiest leagueoperators i've ever come across, but you do listen and seem very eager to improve, so yeah, keep that up or something. :turned: