PDA

View Full Version : TWLB - No Playoffs!

Mayo Inc.
07-19-2002, 04:27 PM
this is incredibly surprising to me. there is some new of a tourny but a find not having a playoffs sucks.

Jonas
07-19-2002, 04:56 PM
I think it's fine, that way you need to perform the entire season.
I persume it will be a 22 week league then.

Divine Rides
07-19-2002, 05:06 PM
what the hell?

it's going to be an 11 week TWL season with no playoffs?
that's ridiculous acid. reconsider.

Mitch
07-19-2002, 05:40 PM
the site says there are playoffs

Mitch
07-19-2002, 05:41 PM
OMFG, THE SITE CHANGED. WTF THIS IS HOMOSEXUAL WITHOUT PLAYOFFS.

Sleepy Weasel
07-19-2002, 05:46 PM
I think twld and twlj are having playoffs. Come on, everyone likes playoffs. If it was 22 weeks I wouldn't care, but to determine a champion on just 1 game played against each opponent seems too short. Especially when people have played all kinds of different teams based on squads dropping and joining.

Divine Rides
07-19-2002, 06:00 PM
all you damn basers let acid know that we want playoffs!

Tobe
07-19-2002, 06:23 PM
Here ill even make a message u can send him

?message Acid:WTF WERE YOU THINKING, look at TWLJ and TWLD they have playoffs, yet basing doesnt? Everyone wants playoffs, so why not go with the majority? And how exactly can you decide the "champion" after only one game? Reconsider your decision.

Nickname
07-19-2002, 09:06 PM
No offense but i'm not takign that lose to Onix :( i want a rematch. and besides if there isn't either 22 weeks on a playoff than we beat wr 100k-0k and thats really nto fair either :(

Mantra-Slider
07-19-2002, 11:42 PM
Playoffs sucks.
The winner at the end of the season is the best squad overall and should be the winner. League system owns.
We should really play eachother twice tho, if not maybe playoffs is a better alternative afterall.

However, playoffs sucks.

Did I mention I think league system is more fair than playoffs?

Playoffs sucks.

2dragons
07-20-2002, 12:58 AM
Playoffs are wonderful. You'll be hard pressed to show otherwise. Take a look at pro sports, basically everyone of them is based on some form of playoff or tournament at the end of regular season.

ConcreteSchlyrd
07-20-2002, 02:06 AM
Everyone wants playoffs.

Project
07-20-2002, 02:29 AM
Originally posted by Mitch

You started the complaint about 22 weeks being too long. Now we don't get playoffs either. Acid, no one complained about 22 weeks being too long when it was stated to be that length in the beginning. In fact, nothing was mentioned of it until week 4 - and ONLY because of the retarded delays. Stick with 22 weeks. Playoffs aren't really that great, as it allows someone who didn't truly win the league to come back and win it.

But if you won't change it back to 22 and stick with ur original plans, at least give us playoffs. AT LEAST.

Ruby
07-20-2002, 02:32 AM
Be smart, do it like the NFL baby.

Sleepy Weasel
07-20-2002, 03:08 AM
Think about these things because Sleepy Weasel wants you to.

1. Whiterabbits is a definite top 5 basing squad, possibly top 3. Only half the teams will have to face them though if we do 11 weeks and no playoffs, that doesn't seem fair. Plus with the bad rec they came into leagues with, they have 0 chance of winning

2. It looks like the top spots will have at most 2 losses. Say key players couldn't make a match on a certain week because of the time they were forced to schedule it at and they lose. Does that one loss really mean they aren't the best basing team? They should have another shot

3. A number of squads have had no show wins. That's huge in a season determined by only 11 total games.

4. Squads have played a number of different opponents (ok, this is a rehash of the whiterabbit one, but it's important for some squads whether they had to play ZH or British squad.)

5. A lot of squads were counting on a 22 week season or playoffs and may not have always been playing their A-lineup figuring if they lost it they could make it up later.

6. Playoffs are just damn fun and for every 1 person that doesn't want it I bet their are 5 people who do.

7. I know you like soccer, but the overwhelming majority of real sports use playoffs. Hell even my summer league frisbee team runs playoffs. What we do is 20 teams. 16 team playoffs. The top 12 are in. The bottom 8 play for the last 4 spots. Teams are seeding 1-16 and everyone is happy. It's for the exact same reasons as Trench wars should do them. So we can play rookies during the regular season, so key people can miss games because of work/vacation and not have their team want to kill them, so teams can come back from costly injuries, and because it's fun and makes people care because...

8. Without playoffs all the bottom squads will stop caring, and the winner is well... almost certainly the winner of this weeks light/diso match. What's the point of playing the remaining 5 games or whatever is left knowing that the winner is already determined. That's why playoffs are great. Say Light Diso has some major lag in it,, and some flukey plays and Light pulls off a 96-95k victory. Are you going to be content crowning light the champion, if say in 2 weeks a lag limit rule is put in place. Hell no, if say light is really #1 (just using as an example) they'll cruise to the playoffs against their weaker seeded opponents and then perhaps in a rematch vs Diso prove that their 1k win over them wasn't just some lag fluke.

How about this. Say Light just straight out beats Diso in a game with 0 controversy and finishes 11-0 while Diso finishes 10-1. Is Light the champion? Well who knows because Light never had to play the Rabbits and personally I think WhiteRabbits could very well defeat Light if they played. They beat us by a larger margin than Light did (I think)

9. That was a long 8, put some of that in 9.

10. twlj and twld have playoffs, why can't we?

Or a 22 week season, that would work also.

THE PUSHER
07-20-2002, 10:09 AM
Sleepy has some very solid points up there!

You know what 11 weeks means for TWLB? Bad things man... baaaaaaaaad things. Playoff baby! PLAYOFFS!

(Don't you just live my insight and thrilling commentary?)

Dabram
07-20-2002, 11:24 AM
i want playoffs i wanna beat Light at least twice. :(

-bram

Cig Smoke
07-20-2002, 11:36 AM
agreed playoff's would be nice like drow has sed in a different post about playoff formats (i'm guessing for twld and twlj) is its always neat for underdog teams to try to pull off upsets in playoff times..thast what makes the NFL and all kinds of professional sports entertaining at end of year. I mean wouldnt of it been interesting if the Yankee's got beat by a wildcard team in the playoffs. just like it would be a suprise to see diso get beat by the last ranked team in the playoffs (or light). If ur truely the best basing squad u should be able to pull ur way through the playoffs the real competative part of the league not jsut the season where ppl are falling off rosters and such, but when the squad has a decent idea who to play where and who will stay and this way u'll play the ppl who are in f0sh0 not ppl constantly droping out.

arrogance
07-20-2002, 04:16 PM
Playoffs! Or 22 weeks! We just wanna play for more than another 4 weekends. =] Shaking off the Seige losses would be nice too.

pv=nrt
07-21-2002, 12:45 AM
i am a basing follower. 22 weeks, or playoffs will make it fair. too many teams dropping and getting stuck with unfair disadvantages.

warportal
07-21-2002, 06:24 AM
]Someone made a huge point here:

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Sleepy Weasel
Think about these things because Sleepy Weasel wants you to.

1. Whiterabbits is a definite top 5 basing squad, possibly top 3. Only half the teams will have to face them though if we do 11 weeks and no playoffs, that doesn't seem fair. Plus with the bad rec they came into leagues with, they have 0 chance of winning

2. It looks like the top spots will have at most 2 losses. Say key players couldn't make a match on a certain week because of the time they were forced to schedule it at and they lose. Does that one loss really mean they aren't the best basing team? They should have another shot

3. A number of squads have had no show wins. That's huge in a season determined by only 11 total games.

4. Squads have played a number of different opponents (ok, this is a rehash of the whiterabbit one, but it's important for some squads whether they had to play ZH or British squad.)

5. A lot of squads were counting on a 22 week season or playoffs and may not have always been playing their A-lineup figuring if they lost it they could make it up later.

6. Playoffs are just damn fun and for every 1 person that doesn't want it I bet their are 5 people who do.

7. I know you like soccer, but the overwhelming majority of real sports use playoffs. Hell even my summer league frisbee team runs playoffs. What we do is 20 teams. 16 team playoffs. The top 12 are in. The bottom 8 play for the last 4 spots. Teams are seeding 1-16 and everyone is happy. It's for the exact same reasons as Trench wars should do them. So we can play rookies during the regular season, so key people can miss games because of work/vacation and not have their team want to kill them, so teams can come back from costly injuries, and because it's fun and makes people care because...

8. Without playoffs all the bottom squads will stop caring, and the winner is well... almost certainly the winner of this weeks light/diso match. What's the point of playing the remaining 5 games or whatever is left knowing that the winner is already determined. That's why playoffs are great. Say Light Diso has some major lag in it,, and some flukey plays and Light pulls off a 96-95k victory. Are you going to be content crowning light the champion, if say in 2 weeks a lag limit rule is put in place. Hell no, if say light is really #1 (just using as an example) they'll cruise to the playoffs against their weaker seeded opponents and then perhaps in a rematch vs Diso prove that their 1k win over them wasn't just some lag fluke.

How about this. Say Light just straight out beats Diso in a game with 0 controversy and finishes 11-0 while Diso finishes 10-1. Is Light the champion? Well who knows because Light never had to play the Rabbits and personally I think WhiteRabbits could very well defeat Light if they played. They beat us by a larger margin than Light did (I think)

9. That was a long 8, put some of that in 9.

10. twlj and twld have playoffs, why can't we?

Or a 22 week season, that would work also. [/QUOTE

TWLB is a great league and should be ended in a great way. Applying an 11 week system without play-offs would be an insult to the intensity and excitement this league has offered for many. We have to go out in style! Have play-offs we must!

Nickname
07-21-2002, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by pv=nrt
i am a basing follower. 22 weeks, or playoffs will make it fair. too many teams dropping and getting stuck with unfair disadvantages.

FLaBiN
07-21-2002, 12:30 PM
Playoffs are the best way to go. It is the most exciting part of any competition and truely proves who the true champion is. The top squads will be fighting it out with games that really matter.

The constant rule changes and axing of weeks hurts many squads and makes it very unenjoyable to play the league. Past games which you think won't make a difference all of a sudden change to making a huge impact.

A lot of people have brought this up and I will again. All the top sporting events use some sort of playoff system to determine the champion of a season.

To sum it up, have playoffs! If playoffs are determined to be unfair, then do 22 weeks. Don't just keep it at 11 weeks and that is it. That is unfair to every player and squad that plays in TWLB.

TWL is suppose to be a player run league, at least that is what I heard when it first started. I think you should change the poll on the www.twleagues.org web site to "Should TWLB have playoffs?". Let the players decide for their league. As it is reading this thread I get the impression that most people want playoffs.

Mayo Inc.
07-21-2002, 12:36 PM
playoffs or 22 weeks

Jonas
07-21-2002, 03:38 PM
I thought it was decided that the league should be 22 weeks long....

Ruby
07-21-2002, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by Dabram
i want playoffs i wanna beat Light at least twice. :(

-bram

I love you dab :)

Mitch
07-21-2002, 04:45 PM
we beat diso who did not want playoffs and now magically they do

about 3 days ago i spoke to acid in a pub and he said it was his final decision--no playoffs

Jonas
07-21-2002, 05:17 PM
We don't want playoffs, we want a 22 week long league. Well, I do anyway.

Aim2kill
07-21-2002, 05:23 PM
22 weeks!!
or playoffs!!

i'd like 22 weeks more tho
the league is just started!

Mr. Spam
07-21-2002, 06:07 PM
I think playoffs would be nice... It will probably be some extra work for the TWL Staff.. but I think they can pull it off.. especially if the other 2 sub-leagues are doing it.

I think it would be a fun and competitive ending to this twlb season.

Nickname
07-21-2002, 06:47 PM
simply put we have enough staff on TWLB squads. if they go 11 weeks no playoffs we can organise our OWN playoffs. just seed each team 1 through 12

1 - 12
3 - 10
5 - 8
6 - 7
4 - 9
2 - 11

OR we could just repeat the games alreayd played 1 though 11.

CrvenBan
07-21-2002, 07:44 PM

That was single most flawed statment I've ever heard.

It should be a 22 weeks league or playoffs (playoffs sound WAY much entertaining and better to me). But I heard Diso was pushing for 1 week basing-tournament after their first win. Not sure how that worked out.

PLayoffs suggestion: pls dont dont putt all games on the same timeslot. I am buying a popcornmaker already.

Dabram
07-21-2002, 08:33 PM

about 3 days ago i spoke to acid in a pub and he said it was his final decision--no playoffs

thatīs total bs, i said before i wanted playoffs. and u gotta admit that deciding who wins the season by just 5k is a lil bit crappy. :p

-bram

Nickname
07-21-2002, 08:52 PM
very crappy

Webbb Llama v1.5
07-22-2002, 01:38 AM
Coming from someone not in TWLB who is waiting for a chance:

Not 22 Weeks please!! Playoffs will work fine and make everyone happy, then we can start TWT or whatever, and base some more looking back on a very exciting playoff weekend or something

I dunno lets just not go 22 weeks that's a long freaking time

Jonas
07-22-2002, 01:40 AM
Originally posted by Dabram

thatīs total bs, i said before i wanted playoffs. and u gotta admit that deciding who wins the season by just 5k is a lil bit crappy. :p

-bram

Agreed. Of course, it wouldn't be quite as crappy if it was the other way around ;)

Bigwig
07-22-2002, 01:45 AM
why isn't acid responding to this?

pv=nrt
07-22-2002, 01:56 AM
maybe he is thinking his answer through? Or reconsidering one of the alternatives?
Or maybe he isn't reading this thread?

Divine Rides
07-22-2002, 02:22 AM
I find it hard to believe that even light, who technically has "nothing to gain" by playoffs does not want playoffs,
we spent all this time organizing these teams and waiting for this league to start, and it's to end indecisively and without closure?
no way. All the "top" squads (not that they're the only ones who matter) want to do this- whether or not Acid has said that his desicision is "final" is irrelevent- he just needs to know that we all really want it- lobby your squads (even the guys who don't come to these boards) to come throw up support for a post season-
An all star game is not a sufficient post season- maybe acid doesn't know but there are all star games all the time in private basing arenas- also, who wants to see good players who aren't used to playing with each other play in one match when we can see organized squads, at the end of a season (logically the peak of each team's team performance) in a championship playoff?

Seriously fellas, I can't believe this isn't as clear to Acid as it is to most of you- DO NOT ACCEPT "final answer".

"Div you're just lobbying for playoffs because you lost two games and you want a second shot at the guys who beat you"

While I can't deny that my conviction is fueled by this- you can see by posts from ages ago that this is where I've been at.

It should be 22 weeks AND post season- certainly one or the other- neither makes this feel like a waste of time- I/WE did not sign up for this to be testers for future seasons- I will gladly give you input on future TWLs at the end of this season, but don't shorten/taint our season because it hasn't gone flawlessly.

Everyone really makes an effort to let acid know your opinion= we get basing playoffs ---

castromarx
07-22-2002, 02:36 AM
Originally posted by Divine Rides
It should be 22 weeks AND post season- certainly one or the other- neither makes this feel like a waste of time- I/WE did not sign up for this to be testers for future seasons- I will gladly give you input on future TWLs at the end of this season, but don't shorten/taint our season because it hasn't gone flawlessly.

22 weeks AND post season would be most excellent indeed. Arriving late to the twlb scene means we--the most feared and deadly but oh so charismatic whiterabbits--missed our chance (assuming the season ends at 11 weeks) to play Light, Shriek and Anti-Scrub.

Although I'm grateful that a newbie squad like us is even in twlb, (though I think it's fairly obvious we should have been included from the start) I think a more complete season would help determine which squads are really the best. In addition, a lengthened season may entice squads like Onix, Vortex, British Squad, and others to polish their basing skills and help increase the level of competitiveness in this league for the end of this season, and seasons to come.

Oh yeah, I'm holding the TWL Trading Cards hostage if we don't get a lengthened season/and or playoffs.

*heart*

Aim2kill
07-22-2002, 02:57 AM
it should be 22 weeks yea.. TWLB is getting more and more interesting.. some squads actually started playing :rolleyes:

bloodzombie
07-22-2002, 04:15 AM
It really almost feels like this entire thing is futile without some sort of playoffs. I really want to see 22 weeks plus playoffs, but I see some objection to the 22 week season, and I understand the arguments, but I see no arguments against playoffs. this league NEEDS playoffs to be complete, (to the guys in charge): dont do this half-assed plesae, let's do it right.

Sleepy Weasel
07-22-2002, 05:02 AM
I know I already commented a lot, but really... without playoffs no one cares who wins. Like TWT, the week that ended no one even bothered to look up who finished at top, because there was no exciting playoff to watch to determine the winner.

When you were talking to Mitch in the game about this the only 2 reasons you kept giving was that A. Only Americans want playoffs and you confirmed this by saying B. You talked with Mantra and he doesn't want playoffs.

Ok so 1 guy doesn't want playoffs, just because Mantra is a top baser, he shouldn't speak for all of us.

I know it's some extra work, but the season just isn't complete without a playoff. Plus again the whole Light winning it all without having to play WhiteRabbits bugs me. For the record I think the 22 week season is great, but a bit unfair to those waiting to get in, and according to Acid their are quite a few squads waiting to get in.

arrogance
07-22-2002, 08:15 AM
I for one would giggle with delight for 22 weeks + playoffs, but I'm lame and don't get any vacation time while balancing work + finishing my degree.

But seriously, most of us know we're going to be playing every weekend anyhow. Squads who feel they can't make a showing at matches that long either don't belong in the league or need to recruit some new members. If staff thinks it will be a problem to organize, find more help. I know many folks who would be more than willing to help push this league further.

Actually screw 22 weeks. 44 is the way to go! And playoffs!!!

But seriously, both is a long time, but a playoff system seems to be what 99.92349877634% of the TW community wants, and I will personally reward any moderator who makes it so with a limited edition staff card to be included in the TW Trading Cards ( (c) 2002 Whiterabbit Productions).

Mayo Inc.
07-22-2002, 09:17 AM
clearly something most be done about this.

people will stand in the twlb arena and shout "Let them play! Let them play!"
bad news bears/2002 All-star game style

Divine Rides
07-22-2002, 06:29 PM
This thread should be at the top of TWLeagues Discussion always until we get what we want

HellzNo!
07-22-2002, 06:36 PM
I dont understand why staff is making such a big deal about having playoffs(by staff i mean acid).

You guys provided tw with an awesome basing season, and you have a chance to make it even better. With these playoffs you'll be able to shut up all your critics, except Ilyag and Annux, but they are fags, so who cares. If you already did an 11 week season, why not just do playoffs. How much more work could it be?

Plz do it, i really wanna play against whiterabbits, i never got the chance to play against them :(

P.S-excellent job on leagues staff. No matter what anyone says, no one else in TW could have done a better job, or done it at all for that matter.

Ruby
07-22-2002, 06:43 PM
Guys be reasonable, 22 weeks AND playoffs? That's fucking insane, the next TWL season will almost start by the time it's over, and it's really unfair for those who want to play TWT, it should just be like the other leagues, all the league games, and then playoffs.

On another note: No where has Light ever said they didn't want playoffs. Please stop assuming.

THE PUSHER
07-22-2002, 06:54 PM
This thread should be at the top of TWLeagues Discussion always until we get what we want

Divine Rides
07-22-2002, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by Ruby
Guys be reasonable, 22 weeks AND playoffs? That's fucking insane, the next TWL season will almost start by the time it's over, and it's really unfair for those who want to play TWT, it should just be like the other leagues, all the league games, and then playoffs.

On another note: No where has Light ever said they didn't want playoffs. Please stop assuming.

Basically I was saying 22 weeks AND playoffs to make a point that 11 weeks with no playoffs is ridiculous, it's like when you want 50 bucks so you say 100- if they say 25, you say 75- then you compromise at 50 (i learned this sort of street psychology from my boy Pac- west side till i die booooy).

I didn't say Light didn't want playoffs- I said I would be surprised if they didn't want them. You guys happen to be the only squad with nothing to "gain" by playoffs as far as standings go. But I figured the "fun" factor would over ride any instincts to try to avoid playoffs. It seems like the only person who doesn't want playoffs is Acid Twin. And I don't know what exactly brought him to that decision but we all have the power to change his mind- even (and especially) Light.

The TWLB league has a great dynmaic right now, the teams are great, there are tons of good players, and aside from the chaos weeks 4-6- it's been moving really smoothly, we're not asking to drag this thing out another six months and fuck people waiting to get into TWTs- I'm talking about a playoff situation that could be handled in two weekends if we wanted to.

The four obvious ways to go:

*All twelve teams in (ideally this is how it should be- look out whichever big team gets crips opening round):

First Place- bye

Twelth place vs. fifth place

Eight Place vs. Ninth Place

Fourth Place - bye

Third place - bye

Seventh place vs. Tenth Place

Eleventh Place vs. Sixth Place

Second place- bye

*Top 8 teams in (seems like a reasonable and logical number)

First place vs. Eighth place

Fourth place vs. fifth place

Third place vs. sixth place

Second place vs. seventh place

* Top 6 or Top 4 (the very least you can do for us- here especially the playoffs could be done in one or two weekends)

Works like the 12 or 8 team playoff but cut in half respectively

Talk to acid
talk to myth, lefty, and crome- let them know !!!!!!!!!!!!!

castromarx
07-22-2002, 07:41 PM
Why the heck do we not have playoffs yet? This makes little to no sense to me.

Would playoff rounds be a single match like regular twlb games or best 2/3 or something? Yah, just 1 match i suspect, I just didn't want this to seem like one of those strange *bump* posts.

I want playoffs :(

Ruby
07-22-2002, 08:15 PM

Basically I was saying 22 weeks AND playoffs to make a point that 11 weeks with no playoffs is ridiculous, it's like when you want 50 bucks so you say 100- if they say 25, you say 75- then you compromise at 50 (i learned this sort of street psychology from my boy Pac- west side till i die booooy).

I didn't say Light didn't want playoffs- I said I would be surprised if they didn't want them. You guys happen to be the only squad with nothing to "gain" by playoffs as far as standings go. But I figured the "fun" factor would over ride any instincts to try to avoid playoffs. It seems like the only person who doesn't want playoffs is Acid Twin. And I don't know what exactly brought him to that decision but we all have the power to change his mind- even (and especially) Light.

The TWLB league has a great dynmaic right now, the teams are great, there are tons of good players, and aside from the chaos weeks 4-6- it's been moving really smoothly, we're not asking to drag this thing out another six months and fuck people waiting to get into TWTs- I'm talking about a playoff situation that could be handled in two weekends if we wanted to.

The four obvious ways to go:

*All twelve teams in (ideally this is how it should be- look out whichever big team gets crips opening round):

First Place- bye

Twelth place vs. fifth place

Eight Place vs. Ninth Place

Fourth Place - bye

Third place - bye

Seventh place vs. Tenth Place

Eleventh Place vs. Sixth Place

Second place- bye

*Top 8 teams in (seems like a reasonable and logical number)

First place vs. Eighth place

Fourth place vs. fifth place

Third place vs. sixth place

Second place vs. seventh place

* Top 6 or Top 4 (the very least you can do for us- here especially the playoffs could be done in one or two weekends)

Works like the 12 or 8 team playoff but cut in half respectively

Talk to acid
talk to myth, lefty, and crome- let them know !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great Idea, notice I said "guys" for future reference :)

Although I think the traditional NFL system would work best. (Just take out the conference BS since our basing league is top, and add more teams)
THERE IS one thing wrong with your system.. I mean think about it, if you're going to have ALL 12 teams, then why even have leagues matches until playoffs? Sounds Pretty Silly to me. It should be at least top 8, or at the VERY least top 10.

Project
07-23-2002, 02:10 AM

if you're going to have ALL 12 teams, then why even have leagues matches until playoffs?

To include those mother bitches who got stuck with a bad rec. :/ Like Brits and Onix.

Divine Rides
07-23-2002, 02:22 AM
there was SO much talk about "this is all just to seed the playoffs"-
we could have the first and second round in one weekend-
somebody else with power pick this up if acid twin isn't going to

2dragons
07-23-2002, 02:23 AM
I agree playoffs of some sort. I suggest TOP 4 double elimination tournament. Last match loser must win twice.

This would result in taking up 3 days if done correctly.

DAY1
1 play 2 && 3 play 4 @ same time (MATCH 1/2)
winner play winner right after M1/2 (MATCH 3 - M3)
loser play loser right after M1/2 (MATCH 4 - M4)

DAY2
Winner of M4 vs loser of M3 (MATCH 5)
Winner of M5 vs winner of M3 (MATCH 6)

If winner of M3 loses they play again on DAY3, winner of that wins

If winner of M3 wins the playoffs are over.

Bigwig
07-23-2002, 02:53 AM
The people have spoken.
Clearly the large majority of people have been asking nicely and kindly to play whiterabbits more often. And if that means extending the season to 22 weeks or playoffs, then by god thats what people should get. is twl-b somehow less important than twl-d or twl-j. Heck no, those leagues don't even have rabbits in them! The least we can do for people in those leagues is provide match's where they can watch rabbits in action.

Louis XV
07-23-2002, 03:25 AM
All I know is...

League in the summer? NEVER AGAIN

RyanG
07-23-2002, 03:34 AM
I think it should be top 6 atleast, so whiterabbits get included. They deserve to be in the playoffs and they should get a top 6 finish by the end of this season, but I don't think they'd be able to get a top 4 finish.

General Malaise
07-23-2002, 06:14 AM
Just adding my voice to the huge majority of people who WANT PLAYOFFS, but seem to be ignored. Why, Acid, why? Who's in favor of an 11 week season with no playoffs? Even Light wants playoffs, and they're sitting atop the rankings right now. Playoffs are fun, dammit.

Miau
07-23-2002, 06:33 AM
I so agree. Playoffs give the season a decent end... u know.. something that clears things up.. a season without playoffs is like s.. well.. u know.. i cant say that when there r children reading =P
but.. u get the point

Aim2kill
07-23-2002, 08:46 AM
a season without playoffs is like s..

uhmm

sucking a horse dick?
screwing with ur best friends mother?
stealing candy from a dhild?
shitting in the mouth of all the players?

ehh shit i thought i could think off more.. s..

Mitch
07-23-2002, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by General Malaise
Just adding my voice to the huge majority of people who WANT PLAYOFFS, but seem to be ignored. Why, Acid, why? Who's in favor of an 11 week season with no playoffs? Even Light wants playoffs, and they're sitting atop the rankings right now. Playoffs are fun, dammit.

incorrect, I am the only one on Light that wants playoffs. I don't really care now because we will win because it was acids final word about playoffs and we got our shit together for it. If there were playoffs, we wouldn't have played so hard vs diso, so now we expect no playoffs.

Ruby
07-23-2002, 10:10 AM

incorrect, I am the only one on Light that wants playoffs. I don't really care now because we will win because it was acids final word about playoffs and we got our shit together for it. If there were playoffs, we wouldn't have played so hard vs diso, so now we expect no playoffs.

Heh, but I want playoffs, silly :)

General Malaise
07-23-2002, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by 2dragons
Playoffs are wonderful. You'll be hard pressed to show otherwise. Take a look at pro sports, basically everyone of them is based on some form of playoff or tournament at the end of regular season.

Ruby: (I don't know how to double quote, I'm a newbie) "On another note: No where has Light ever said they didn't want playoffs. Please stop assuming."

Mitch, do you actually talk to the people on your squad, or did you just feel like disagreeing with me? Wanting playoffs is a good thing, why are you making your own squad out to be the only ones (besides Mantra) who don't want playoffs?

General Malaise
07-23-2002, 10:26 AM
Also...

If there were playoffs, we wouldn't have played so hard vs diso, so now we expect no playoffs.

What?

Jonas
07-23-2002, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by Aim2kill
a season without playoffs is like s..

uhmm

sucking a horse dick?
screwing with ur best friends mother?
stealing candy from a dhild?
shitting in the mouth of all the players?

ehh shit i thought i could think off more.. s..

And aim has done all of that shit ;)

CrvenBan
07-23-2002, 10:45 AM
If there were playoffs, we wouldn't have played so hard vs diso, so now we expect no playoffs.

L A F F....Mitch dude if you weren't 15 yrs old I'd find your stupidity rather amusing, but here's an advice: grow a pair of balls, before you start talking out of them. I'll let Ruby check that for me, I heard he's into that shit.

Now all we need is Siege taking 1st place in twld and calling off that league due to maintenance problems.
I sigh at you ppl.

Playoffs should be the end of any kind of tournament, in twlb, take first 8 ones and play them in head to head style:
#1 vs #8
#2 vs #7
#3 vs #6
#4 vs #5

...unless some of these squads are scared. :rolleyes:

CrvenBan
07-23-2002, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by Jonas

And aim has done all of that shit ;)

And how can you know all that...

Mitch
07-23-2002, 10:57 AM
I'd rather have an all star game and wc like tourny that acid suggested. What i was saying is we would not have played vs diso as hard if the game didn't matter as much.

General Malaise
07-23-2002, 11:13 AM
What i was saying is we would not have played vs diso as hard if the game didn't matter as much.

Why?

General Malaise
07-23-2002, 11:16 AM
Also, I'm not sure who said it, but there's essentially all-star games all the time in invite basing matches. It seems kinda silly to throw together people from different squads for one game at the end of the season. There's nothing that special about an arrangement like that, and in any case, it's a poor replacement for PLAYOFFS

Ruby
07-23-2002, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by General Malaise

Why?

If you have been paying attention to Light's performances in leagues, we adjust to who we play against, enough to win. We care about wins, record doesn't mean anything. Win all your games, win League. Get a good record and lose, lose leagues.

Divine Rides
07-23-2002, 02:58 PM
22 weeks OR playoffs is great- seems like acid is okay with 22 weeks so let's do that.

there's a 22 weeks post - go throw down on that.

CrvenBan
07-23-2002, 03:00 PM
If you have been paying attention to Light's performances in leagues, we adjust to who we play against, enough to win. We care about wins, record doesn't mean anything. Win all your games, win League. Get a good record and lose, lose leagues.

So you're saying what ? Just enough to win ? That was barely enough to win, and would be even tighter if you played last 20secs.
And now, that you probably will win all of your games, now you don't want a playoff ? What kind of pussiness is that really ? If you are best in base, and want that victory, why would 3 extra playoff games stop you ?
Of course you only care about winning, enough so, to lobby for no-playoffs against every other squad in the league that realized 11 weeks turnament without playoff cannot give a justified picture of winner.
But then again, as long as it winner.... pathetic.

All-star game ? what is all star game in SS..get real kid, I can name you about 50 ppl that can play at least 2 ships well, but it wont matter dick since they haven't played together one bit. Apart from playing in PRIVATE BASING EVENTS for last few months.

Mitch
07-23-2002, 03:05 PM
if diso had won they'd want no playoffs too like light.

CrvenBan
07-23-2002, 03:20 PM
if diso had won they'd want no playoffs too like light.

...which again proves you have no idea what you're talking about. Yea, I'd like to think Diso is best in basing, sure. But I'd like to think that AFTER we beat every possible oponent not once, but twice, three times...do you get the picture now ? And I certanly would not call my self best if I won by 5k once and called it quits.

Ruby
07-23-2002, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by CrvenBan

So you're saying what ? Just enough to win ? That was barely enough to win, and would be even tighter if you played last 20secs.
And now, that you probably will win all of your games, now you don't want a playoff ? What kind of pussiness is that really ? If you are best in base, and want that victory, why would 3 extra playoff games stop you ?
Of course you only care about winning, enough so, to lobby for no-playoffs against every other squad in the league that realized 11 weeks turnament without playoff cannot give a justified picture of winner.
But then again, as long as it winner.... pathetic.

All-star game ? what is all star game in SS..get real kid, I can name you about 50 ppl that can play at least 2 ships well, but it wont matter dick since they haven't played together one bit. Apart from playing in PRIVATE BASING EVENTS for last few months.

Crven, that was a stupid ass reply man, I wasn't even talking about that, notice I quoted the person, and for the 15th time, I never said I didn't want play-offs. You are already assuming and calling me a pussy. Hehe.. the irony.

CrvenBan
07-23-2002, 05:46 PM
I will call you pussy even without that, so what....you're a big boy...

I saw only 2 guys from Light talking about playoffs, both saying screw that, lets play out rest of the games....what other conclusions are there to draw ?

Aim2kill
07-23-2002, 07:20 PM
diso was all up for the 22 weeks and the playoffs from the beginning.

and i would rather lose against you guys with 50k diff. then 5k and a shitty ending. im sure you ppl understand this.

i would even play you a 3th time if you ppl think that we only want this to see you ppl (light) lose.

i dont understand the part that u ppl want to see a all-star game be4 a 22 weekends filled with great basing games?

Ruby
07-23-2002, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by CrvenBan
I will call you pussy even without that, so what....you're a big boy...

I saw only 2 guys from Light talking about playoffs, both saying screw that, lets play out rest of the games....what other conclusions are there to draw ?

Originally posted by 2dragons

I think you went to special school... Ride the short bus perhaps?

CrvenBan
07-24-2002, 07:56 AM
Sigh, wtf are you having instead of brains ? Bricks ?

I said 2 guys...you and Mitch...in last few posts said: I would rather not have playoffs. End of story. I dont give shit what you said 3 weeks/days ago.

You know very well what I rode...

CrvenBan
07-24-2002, 08:02 AM
incorrect, I am the only one on Light that wants playoffs....now we expect no playoffs.

Divine Rides
08-19-2002, 10:16 AM
Give the people what they paid to see:

Light---------------
-------------------------------------
Bye-----------------

----------------------------------------------------

Pallies--------------
whiterabbits------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shriek--------------
Anti-Scrub---------

-------------------------------------------------------

Disoblige-----------
--------------------------------------
Bye------------------

Scenario Two

Light
Cripples

Pallies
whiterabbits

Shriek
Anti-Scrub

Disoblige
No Surrender

arrogance
08-19-2002, 11:06 AM
Give the people what they paid to see:

Light---------------
Bye-----------------

----------------------------------------------------

Pallies--------------
whiterabbits------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shriek--------------
Anti-Scrub---------

-------------------------------------------------------

Disoblige-----------
--------------------------------------
Bye------------------

Scenario Two

Light
Cripples

Pallies
whiterabbits

Shriek
Anti-Scrub

Disoblige
No Surrender

Div speaks truth! Whats the final word on playoffs, or the "TWLB Cup" as it's been so cleverly coined. Only one week left, and we could use some details. (Unless I've missed them in another thread, but you can't take anything posted either on this forum or twleagues.org as being the final word anymore I suppose.)

And if I find out any of you sissies are more concerned with finishing first than actually playing out more of this woderful thing we call basing, there's going to be trouble.

Verthanthi
08-19-2002, 06:24 PM
If there is some manner of playoffs in which whiterabbits are involved, I'd like our first week to be against either light or anti-scrub, so wecan have a somewhat official match against them. And then beat them, and play the other team. :)

castromarx
08-19-2002, 07:17 PM
remember, the twltc (that's twl trading cards) are being held hostage and will not be released until we get twlb playoffs!@#@!

bloodzombie
08-19-2002, 10:56 PM
If we don't have playoffs, this was the stupidest league ever.

Da1andonly
08-19-2002, 11:27 PM
Sad but true bz :/

BTW Mitch; U said U wouldn't had played that hard in the diso game cause U didn't expect no playoffs...wtf is that bullshit?

U wanted to show diso that U are better then us, so U played the extra 110%..

Don't gimme bs plz

And yes, go for the playoffs.