Captains Confirmed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Captains Confirmed?

So I am the 1st alternate captain, and one of the captains dropped out, yet vys was given the position over me. my question is why?

now the captains and alternates were posted at about 12 am on the 7th as far as I can gather, and at about noon today (9th), is when i first approached summa about accepting the possible captainship, being told it had already been given to vys, the second alternate. now monday and tuesday are busy days for me I don't get to log on very much during those days specifically. I confirmed my position as soon as possible a little over 48 hours after it was originally posted.

Vys is a known cheater, banned from twl, dissolved his twl squad DURING twl, effectively being one of those assholes that ruin twl every is always talking about. I also heard he actually did play in a twl game or two even with being banned, but that mightve just been a rumour

I may not be a twl champ (yet), but I don't cheat, and the one squad I captained in twl showed to every match, and played to win. And even when the going got tough for us, we didnt dissolve like a bunch of pricks. we played through till the end.

A bad leader is pretty apparent whenever the going gets tough.
    what happens when vys doesnt get an allstar team? i think that question has already been answered...

If the amount of time i took to confirm is the issue (2-2.5 days), then why wasnt there a post directing the captains and alternates to reply within a time limit. If that is not the issue, then why are we favouring a cheater, and a guy whos proven his worth as a serious captain to be little to none.

Myself, jeenyuss and Kim are all capable captains who have expressed our willingness to captain. all 3 are known as not being cheaters, not being hoppers, and have captained squads that participated well in trench wars leagues.

let's just stick to the original plan the um, rules that were posted, and make the 1st alternate the one who gets the 1st spot available. or if we go changing the rules halfway through the game at least pick a more capable captain then vys.

If your participating in twdt, i'd like some feedback on this.

Emo's make bad captains
    "People fear what they can't understand, hate what they can't conquer."

"Cherry blossoms in the Spring, and starry skies in the Summer. The Autumn brings the full moon. The Winter brings the snow. These things make Sake taste good. If you don't like Sake, then there is something wrong with you." Seijuro Hiko

Comment

? vys played in twl last season??
      1:CrazyKillah> oder if i olny knew u irl u would be dead and i would be in jail

menomena> did you get to see the end of the steelers greenbay game though
      JAMAL> yeah you dumb fat faggot, was good ending

1:Cape> Why did u axe req
      1:cripple> I'm very religious, and my new years revolution was to make this squad a better one, so I kept with my resolution and axed req.
      http://big-dicked.mybrute.com/

Comment

I was kinda suprised they gave captainship to one of these draft squads to vys aswell but I dont really care. Dont know you enough to judge you but I see where you might be a little dissapointed. But in the end its probably because vys has shown he knows all 3 leagues very well and is good at all 3 so he got a captain spot because this tourny is based on how well the teams do in all 3 leagues. Maybe you dont know basing all that well, or javing, or wbs whatever but if you dont really care about one of those 3 leagues then you might not know exactly who to pick for each league.
        2 time TWLD runner up.

If not a medal, cant I get a Ribbon??

Comment

i'm pretty sure the reason was cuz we were doing ?find menelvagor and it was like last seen 39 hours ago. gave you like two days to log on and reply, but you never did, so humid moved on to the 2nd alternate.
          Gripe> apok is good but he's completely wasted his youth playing this game

Comment

vys for president
            1:cripple> guys i am sorry for all the inconvenience of my virginity that i have let out on this squadron, i love u all

1:Chief Utsav> please leave me alone

Comment

Originally posted by Menelvagor View Post
              So I am the 1st alternate captain, and one of the captains dropped out, yet vys was given the position over me. my question is why?

now the captains and alternates were posted at about 12 am on the 7th as far as I can gather, and at about noon today (9th), is when i first approached summa about accepting the possible captainship, being told it had already been given to vys, the second alternate. now monday and tuesday are busy days for me I don't get to log on very much during those days specifically. I confirmed my position as soon as possible a little over 48 hours after it was originally posted.

Vys is a known cheater, banned from twl, dissolved his twl squad DURING twl, effectively being one of those assholes that ruin twl every is always talking about. I also heard he actually did play in a twl game or two even with being banned, but that mightve just been a rumour

I may not be a twl champ (yet), but I don't cheat, and the one squad I captained in twl showed to every match, and played to win. And even when the going got tough for us, we didnt dissolve like a bunch of pricks. we played through till the end.

A bad leader is pretty apparent whenever the going gets tough.
              what happens when vys doesnt get an allstar team? i think that question has already been answered...

If the amount of time i took to confirm is the issue (2-2.5 days), then why wasnt there a post directing the captains and alternates to reply within a time limit. If that is not the issue, then why are we favouring a cheater, and a guy whos proven his worth as a serious captain to be little to none.

Myself, jeenyuss and Kim are all capable captains who have expressed our willingness to captain. all 3 are known as not being cheaters, not being hoppers, and have captained squads that participated well in trench wars leagues.

let's just stick to the original plan the um, rules that were posted, and make the 1st alternate the one who gets the 1st spot available. or if we go changing the rules halfway through the game at least pick a more capable captain then vys.

If your participating in twdt, i'd like some feedback on this.
              this
              Devest.proboards.com

2:Lance> OMG
              2:Lance> BCG is afking in my arena
              2:Master of Dragons> you got steve'd

Creator/Co-Creator of:

?go Prisonbreak, Twcountry, Hathunt, Treehunt, Birthday, Divbase, Defense, Devest, Trifecta, CSDOM, Brickbase, Sharkball, HateBase, Hatetf, Assassin, JavTerror, JavHunt, XmasZombies.

New Maps are in production...

Comment

Originally posted by Kid Kaos View Post
                I was kinda suprised they gave captainship to one of these draft squads to vys aswell but I dont really care. Dont know you enough to judge you but I see where you might be a little dissapointed. But in the end its probably because vys has shown he knows all 3 leagues very well and is good at all 3 so he got a captain spot because this tourny is based on how well the teams do in all 3 leagues. Maybe you dont know basing all that well, or javing, or wbs whatever but if you dont really care about one of those 3 leagues then you might not know exactly who to pick for each league.

understandable, and I can see where having a guy that can play all three leagues well is good for your team, but having a guy that is good at all three leagues and a complete failure as a captain is a bad idea to have as your captain. especially when there are hundreds of people in this tournament relying very heavily on those 8 captains. im not saying the guy sucks at playing, im saying he sucks at capping.

I'm not an allstar in any league, although I would know who to pick to play in every league, but my overall point was not "make me the captain" my point was "dont let this proven failure captian (dropped his squad out of twl) and a proven cheater (cheated in twl and was twl banned) be the captain"

there are a bunch of guys that were willing to captain that have successfully captained squads through twl, never cheated, and are generally alot less of an asshole then vys is, and also generally alot more reliable then vys is, and have proven it. but they get shit on cuz vys joined spastic for the week...
                pretty dumb....

Comment

Originally posted by tragiK View Post
                  i'm pretty sure the reason was cuz we were doing ?find menelvagor and it was like last seen 39 hours ago. gave you like two days to log on and reply, but you never did, so humid moved on to the 2nd alternate.
                  man oh man so you didnt even wait 48 hours eh =P

oh lol wait i just thought of something, didnt buddy the 8th cap that dropped out, drop out like 24 hours after you posted the post anyways, so in reality you only gave me like 12 hours to accept?

Comment

menelvagor > vyz
                    Season 12 champion TWLD / TWLJ
                    Season 18 champion TWLJ / TWLB
                    Season 19 champion TWLB (C)

Season 6 champion TWDT-J TWDT-B (C)
                    Season 10 champion TWDT-J (C)
                    Season 11 champion TWDT-B (C)
                    Season 13 champion TWDT-B (C)
                    Season 17 TRIPLE CROWN TWDT (C)

The winningest TWDT captain of all time

Comment

Originally posted by Menelvagor View Post
                      man oh man so you didnt even wait 48 hours eh =P

oh lol wait i just thought of something, didnt buddy the 8th cap that dropped out, drop out like 24 hours after you posted the post anyways, so in reality you only gave me like 12 hours to accept?
                      i dunno, i think humid just got tired of waiting and wanted to speed things along -_-
                      Gripe> apok is good but he's completely wasted his youth playing this game

Comment

Considering that the drafting does not occur for about 2 weeks when the caps were chosen, why was the appointing process done so hastily and without much consideration of how able-bodied these captains would be, with sufficient evidence that would appease the masses? Just some food for thought.
                        ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
                        Failure teaches success.

Comment

ya make menel cap instead of vys and then re-do the drafting order :turned:

Comment

Bump.

Why hasn't Summa responded to this thread?
                            3:Wax> ard and i snapchat all the time
                            3:Wax> we play virtually tummysticks
                            3:i.d.> da fk is that?
                            3:Ardour> we basically are each others personal psychologist
                            3:Shadowmere> i.d., Wax breaks keyboards playing SubSpace. Best not ask him what anything is.
                            3:Wax> Tummy sticks is the situation, commonly referred to as a game, in which two erect men cuddle closely and face-to-face causing their two erect penises, or sticks, to push upwards between their stomachs, or tummys.
                            3:Wax> Sticks combine with tummys, hence the name "tummy sticks."
                            3:Shadowmere> LOL
                            3:i.d.> Oddly, that's close to what I thought it was...

Best> I never cooked a day in my life

Deft> beat by a guy who plays ss on his cellphone
                            Shadowmere> Rofl
                            Up in ya !> With his feet
                            Deft> no kidding, redefining l44t
                            Up in ya !> l44t feet
                            Deft> l44t f44t*
                            Up in ya !> Twinkle toes
                            Deft> he had l33t f33t but he practiced

Comment

cyz vys is capping
                              1:cripple> guys i am sorry for all the inconvenience of my virginity that i have let out on this squadron, i love u all

1:Chief Utsav> please leave me alone

Comment

Working...
                              X