Trench Wars Division

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trench Wars Division

I'm quite pleased to see how well Divisions is going. And the Trench Wars Division league ops are doing a bang up job. I just think there are a few flaws in the system. It seems like alot of the squads on TWD will not face tougher squads. Although what they are evading today is what they are going to face in Trench Wars Leagues. It seems like alot of squads are using TWD as a training ground to get there players good enough to beat squads ranked 20 - 30 . Although what they should be doing is facing tougher squads and earning there way into Leagues. After having an open wide discusion on twd chat, alot of people feel like some squads are cheating there way in leagues by facing easier squads.
    It's easy to say whats wrong with it, but it wont change the fact that there is somthing wrong with it.
    The big question is what can we do to improve Trench Wars Division to filter out the vary best from the crap. I heard Randedl come up with this idea that squads cant face squads ranked below them. If squads do the vary least and face squads ranked one above them, then atleast we will see the best rise. I realize that it is too late to implement these rules but it would be nice to see this done next TWD.

-Cops
    Last edited by Cops; 04-07-2003, 11:56 PM.
    it makes me sick when i think of it, all my heroes could not live with it so i hope you rest in peace cause with us you never did

squads have to face squads ranked below them, in any one game there are two squads, each squad cannot have the same rank as any other squad on the same ladder, and thus, one squad will always be ranked higher than another, and one will always be ranked lower.

what i meant is that a squad cannot challenge squads ranked below them. there's a post about twe on the forums somewhere, this was implemented in the last twe. . .
    Philos> I both hate you and like you more than anyone in this game randedl
    Philos> there is something about you
    Philos> You're like the wife i'd love to fuck, but beat every night after work

PhaTz> we should all wear t-shirts that says "I WAS THERE WHEN RANDEDL LOST TWLD" and on the back, "TWICE"

Comment

This is actually pretty easy to fix, just change the formula. My math prof uses this curve:
      sqrt(grade) * 10 = final grade

or...

original -> final
      100 -> 100
      81 -> 90
      64 -> 80
      49 -> 70
      36 -> 60
      etc... Basically, the lower your grade is, the more effective the curve. For TWL, I suggest something like this is used to make the penalty for fighting squads much weaker than you bigger and the reward for fighting squads closer to you in rank give better results.

Something like:

If the difference (in rating) is 100, no change.
      If the difference is 0, the rating change for the winner is 1.5 times more than it is now.
      If the difference is 200, the rating change for the winner is .5 times less than it is now.

I dont have the time to figure out a good formula to put everything together, I'll leave that to you guys. Basically, make it some sort of curve such that the farther the rating difference is from 100, the greater the multiplier.

This would encourage playing teams in the same rating level as you.

TopGod

Comment

As we said before we even started with TWD, you don't get alot of points by beating a squad that is way lower ranked than yours.

We already have a formula for that problem, TopGod =)
        Light is faster than sound. That is why people look bright, until you hear them.

Comment

Originally posted by Randedl
          what i meant is that a squad cannot challenge squads ranked below them. there's a post about twe on the forums somewhere, this was implemented in the last twe. . .
          I don't see the problem with this ... as long as squads stop refusing challenges.

In reality this kind of change should not be made.
          gravy_: They should do great gran tourismo
          gravy_: Electric granny chariots
          gravy_: round the nurburgring

XBL: VodkaSurprise

Comment

Originally posted by BLeeN
            As we said before we even started with TWD, you don't get alot of points by beating a squad that is way lower ranked than yours.

We already have a formula for that problem, TopGod =)
            But some squads will play squads ranked 25-30 multiple times. This does make up for the lesser points. (Why not duel War Angels 4 times and get easy points rather then taking a chance facing Shriek). Some squads are cleaning out this way.
            it makes me sick when i think of it, all my heroes could not live with it so i hope you rest in peace cause with us you never did

Comment

Increase K.

Comment

Originally posted by Verthanthi
                Increase K.
                You ate some priest porridge

Comment

I don't know about you Cops, but I think it would waste my time, if I do that.
                  Light is faster than sound. That is why people look bright, until you hear them.

Comment

Well, my "curve" makes the whole rating system much more "harsh". You are pretty much forced to stay within 100 rating of the squad you're dueling, and the closer you duel to your own rating, you are rewarded. My idea just rewards you/penalizes you on TOP of the current formula. I dont know what the current formula is being used, so *shrugs*

Comment

The current formula is posted in the forums if you want to take the effort to look it up.

Comment

Originally posted by TopGod
                        Well, my "curve" makes the whole rating system much more "harsh". You are pretty much forced to stay within 100 rating of the squad you're dueling, and the closer you duel to your own rating, you are rewarded. My idea just rewards you/penalizes you on TOP of the current formula. I dont know what the current formula is being used, so *shrugs*
                        Yes so Elusive is only allowed to play Shriek and vice versa in an endless battle forever in javs? GG.

-Epi
                        Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
                        www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
                        www.animeslice.com

Comment

Well, if you're at the same rating... you'll win/lose something like 75 points (I think that 50 is the max you can ever change, with my addition, it'll go up to 75). So, if Shriek wins, their rating will go up by 75. Elusive will lose 75. Difference is now 150. You'll get penalized if you fight again. Besides, don't we want to encourage more high risk/high gain matches? Think about it... shouldn't the match between 2 high up and equal squads carry MUCH more weight than a match up of squads with a difference of 50-100? GG, ?go elim. :P

TopGod

Comment

Working...
                          X