twdt bidding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• twdt bidding

set a number of max bids per captain per player OR (even better) do a blind bidding system. PM a designated person the number of stars youre willing to bid on a person. on the friday, announce the winner. in the case of a tie, go to those players and ask for an additional number of stars.

something has to be done about this screwy bidding system

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

agreed, the current system is a joke.
    Displaced> I get pussy every day
    Displaced> I'm rich
    Displaced> I drive a ferrari lol
    Displaced> ur a faggot with no money
    Thors> prolly
    Thors> but the pussy is HAIRY!

best comeback ever

Comment

i'm all for blind bidding but frankly i think it'll take too much time for someone to manually do it.

as for the max # of bids, max # of people that can be bid on, and rebidding on a dropped player, i say to keep it the same way. in sports, there's no such limit on those things - bruce bowen renegotiated his contract with the spurs for the veteran's minimum so his team could sign more players - same thing here. as long as captains are staying below the cap at all times (current players + total bids), i don't see what the problem is.
      Gripe> apok is good but he's completely wasted his youth playing this game

Comment

Originally posted by tragiK View Post
        i'm all for blind bidding but frankly i think it'll take too much time for someone to manually do it.

as for the max # of bids, max # of people that can be bid on, and rebidding on a dropped player, i say to keep it the same way. in sports, there's no such limit on those things - bruce bowen renegotiated his contract with the spurs for the veteran's minimum so his team could sign more players - same thing here. as long as captains are staying below the cap at all times (current players + total bids), i don't see what the problem is.
        one message can have multiple people in it coming from one cap. each cap sends one message each day to the league op...? it wouldnt be too much trouble to go through 50 messages and mark results on a spreadsheet.

hell, id do it. its better than the clusterfuck its becoming

Comment

Originally posted by Zeebu View Post
          one message can have multiple people in it coming from one cap. each cap sends one message each day to the league op...? it wouldnt be too much trouble to go through 50 messages and mark results on a spreadsheet.

hell, id do it. its better than the clusterfuck its becoming
          in response to this, i think i may make it so that captains are limited to 10 total transactions per week after this first week, this is a bid crazy and much
          TWDT Head Op Seasons 2, 3, and 4
          TWL Season 14 & 17 Head Op
          Season 13 TWLD Champion, Seasons 13 & 14 LJ Champion

Winston Churchill: "That is the sort of nonsense up with which we will not put!"

Those who dare to fail miserably can achieve greatly.
          - John F. Kennedy

A sadist is a masochist who follows the Golden Rule.
          Originally posted by kthx
          Umm.. Alexander the Great was the leader of the Roman empire, not the Greek empire guy.

Comment

i think the problem stemmed from the fact that we made the minimum roster amount to 30 people but only drafted 25 players. this coupled with maybe a *cap that was a bit too high and the fact that so many players chose to join after the draft.
            Originally posted by turmio
            jeenyuss seemingly without reason if he didn't have clean flours in his bag.
            Originally posted by grand
            I've been afk eating an apple and watching the late night news...

Comment

Why didn't you put a bit more thought into all of this before the draft was made?

I'm not knocking you or anything Summa, it just seems like it's one thing after another that you're having to reconsider, change, accomodate, think about etc...

Maybe i'm wrong and you have it all under control.

Comment

can we at least set up some sort of semi-harsh penalty for dropping people? im sure the people that actually signed up for the draft league on time, got drafted, then got dropped for no reason except for cap room actually wanted to play in the league too. not jsut the people who didnt feel like applying on time, and are now being set up to replace 4 or 5 other people on a team that might have shown up. yes its a draft league, yes everyone wont get to play all they want... but jesus... summa, can you not tell that there are some issues with this?

Comment

unrealistic: The only thing I've had to accommodate for so far is vys and his immaturity (and now player releasing).

Zeebu: I'm about to make a thread about what you're talking about. Quite honestly I am fine with the massive bidding war and watching caps screw themselves by having a roster loaded with 7* or higher players. However the releasing without a penalty is not going to continue as of next week.

Winston Churchill: "That is the sort of nonsense up with which we will not put!"

- John F. Kennedy

Umm.. Alexander the Great was the leader of the Roman empire, not the Greek empire guy.

Comment

vys is a bitch who needs to get off his high horse

Comment

Originally posted by Zeebu View Post
                      set a number of max bids per captain per player OR (even better) do a blind bidding system. PM a designated person the number of stars youre willing to bid on a person. on the friday, announce the winner. in the case of a tie, go to those players and ask for an additional number of stars.

something has to be done about this screwy bidding system
                      What is the * cap for each team? I mean if there is a cap like a salary cap, then this star system shouldn't be too hard to figure out. But it is getting pretty stupid with these ridiculous bids like on dazzal... and is it 30 players MINIMUM for each team, or is that the max? If it's 30 players max on a team, it would work out pretty easily. Given, there's like an average 5* rating for everyone, with a 30 player max, make the salary cap 150* and the trading and shit should be pretty fair. All I know is, I should be going for a lot more than fucking 6* :greedy:
                      1:hellkite>
                      (sarger)>Beep for les bd.
                      (Wicked Baser)>
                      1:flibb>
                      (MirrorriM)>
                      1:sarger> that's 4.5
                      1:MirrorriM> wtf
                      1:MirrorriM> fu!
                      1:sarger> yes sorry i forgot the whole women's right movement thingy

Comment

Ok Summa i'll give you an example then, this bidding system is seriously shitty and should have been given a lot more thought.

Comment

Originally posted by unrealistic View Post
                          Ok Summa i'll give you an example then, this bidding system is seriously shitty and should have been given a lot more thought.
                          i couldnt disagree with you more, i think the system is fine i just set the cap too high and thats something i cant change once ive begun, lesson learned ill set it lower next time

PA: you'd know the answers to all of your questions if you read the rules

- John F. Kennedy

Comment

hate to burst your bubble, but the guy is right, the system is a joke, it hasn't been thought out at all, it was clearly done in a lot of haste (as we pointed out before the entire thing got under way) and the ridicilous bidding that we're seeing now is a direct result from it..
                            why allow latecomers in the first place, it's ridicilous, just don't allow people to sign up AFTER the draft, they had plenty of time to sign up just like the rest of us.
                            i also like how you allow these clown captains to release whoever they want from their roster; wasn't your whole idea (especially with your star-system) so these SAME captains would be forced to play newer players in the league? Yeah that seems to be working out wonderful, i wonder what message we're sending to newer players if they can just get thrown of a roster easy as that.

i just hope the draft league doesn't fail before the first weekend, would be a new low for draft leagues + tw.

Comment

if this is anything to go by, it has already failed.

prove me wrong though. :turned:
                              Displaced> I get pussy every day
                              Displaced> I'm rich
                              Displaced> I drive a ferrari lol
                              Displaced> ur a faggot with no money
                              Thors> prolly
                              Thors> but the pussy is HAIRY!

best comeback ever

Comment

Working...
                              X