Ruling on vys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ruling on vys

For what vys did during the draft that resulted in his forfeiting of his captain spot and a bit of trouble for me, I have decided to levy a small penalty. It is unfair that Godspeed got to pick him so late, but Godspeed was also at a disadvantage, so thats why the penalty is so minute. Personally I wanted to just kick him out of the league, but I was talked out of it and now I'm kind of glad I was.

Penalty: Vys will only be allowed to play 1 league match during the first week (this Sunday). If he participates in more than 1 you will forfeit the game that had the best result (a win will be forfeited before a loss).
    TWDT Head Op Seasons 2, 3, and 4
    TWL Season 14 & 17 Head Op
    Season 13 TWLD Champion, Seasons 13 & 14 LJ Champion

Winston Churchill: "That is the sort of nonsense up with which we will not put!"

Those who dare to fail miserably can achieve greatly.
    - John F. Kennedy

A sadist is a masochist who follows the Golden Rule.
    Originally posted by kthx
    Umm.. Alexander the Great was the leader of the Roman empire, not the Greek empire guy.

I think you are being too lenient

The fact is one of the most important things to make TWDT a success is good captains.

If you’re going to put yourself forward you are undertaking the responsibility to be a good captain… I do not believe that is what we have ended up with (and that’s not bitterness off not being picked :P )

We have Vys who threw some sort of hissyfit after picking marge and then slowed down the draft procedure for the 120 ppl in the arena , showed scant regard for the event by refusing to draft and was replaced by thix and had to be thix’s first pick … that sends out the wrong message in my opinion.

Ban him from TWDT for being an arse … don’t ask for captain if your not willing to do it … if you care so little that you are replaced mid draft for a non valid reason then you don’t deserve to be in the tournament

On another note we have massive bidding wars breaking out (20* for one player?), players being released willy nilly … players releasing a player then bidding on him again with a lower * than he was drafted for … some captains don’t seem up to scratch if they are behaving like this

I hope this tournament is a success as humid has put a lot of effort into it and it could well be a great tournament but all this messing about at present and vys playing takes the shine of it for me.
    In my world,
    I am King

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pressure Drop View Post
      I hope this tournament is a success as humid has put a lot of effort into it and it could well be a great tournament but all this messing about at present and vys playing takes the shine of it for me.
      Shut the fuck up, jesus christ. The whole of TWDT is not going to be brought into disrepute over a few minor hiccups mentioned in your post.

The very nature of TWDT is that it tests the competency and flexibility of the captains and I see the so called 'problems' that you listed as facets of the captains ingenuity. In any case, the burden of such problems is placed firmly at the feet of the other captains.

This punishment seems fair, as I don't think whoever has vys now should be disadvantaged by having him removed. However, I think this particular 'temporary' punishment could have been extended to the first 2/3 weeks, or perhaps a complete ban for the first week.

Comment

Why dont you just stfu mhz, no one wants to hear or see you talk. ever.
        Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

Originally posted by MetalHeadz View Post
          Shut the fuck up, jesus christ. The whole of TWDT is not going to be brought into disrepute over a few minor hiccups mentioned in your post.

The very nature of TWDT is that it tests the competency and flexibility of the captains and I see the so called 'problems' that you listed as facets of the captains ingenuity. In any case, the burden of such problems is placed firmly at the feet of the other captains.

This punishment seems fair, as I don't think whoever has vys now should be disadvantaged by having him removed. However, I think this particular 'temporary' punishment could have been extended to the first 2/3 weeks, or perhaps a complete ban for the first week.
          as polite as ever metalheadz, we have different points of view - big deal you better get used to people not always seeing things as you do

i don't think that abusing a system so the creator of the league has to change it is using ingenuity, and dropping 4 players then bidding their *'s on one player and then bidding low stars back on one of them is treating them like shit.

i disagree with vys playing in the tournament after what he did, he has past history and was given a life ban - i've no problems him being back in the zone but i wouldn't have given him a high profile position like this in the first place... the fact he just threw it away doesn't show much regards to the tournament or the zone giving him another chance.

no one forced him to cap and if offered the position he should have the decency to see it through or resign before the draft like sarger did, he didn't so being barred from a tournament he showed a lack of respect for in my book is warranted.

others will disagree
          In my world,
          I am King

sigpic

Comment

as polite as ever metalheadz, we have different points of view - big deal you better get used to people not always seeing things as you do

i don't think that abusing a system so the creator of the league has to change it is using ingenuity, and dropping 4 players then bidding their *'s on one player and then bidding low stars back on one of them is treating them like shit.

i disagree with vys playing in the tournament after what he did, he has past history and was given a life ban - i've no problems him being back in the zone but i wouldn't have given him a high profile position like this in the first place... the fact he just threw it away doesn't show much regards to the tournament or the zone giving him another chance.

no one forced him to cap and if offered the position he should have the decency to see it through or resign before the draft like sarger did, he didn't so being barred from a tournament he showed a lack of respect for in my book is warranted.

others will disagree
            hit the nail on the head...
            Devest.proboards.com

2:Lance> OMG
            2:Lance> BCG is afking in my arena
            2:Master of Dragons> you got steve'd

Creator/Co-Creator of:

?go Prisonbreak, Twcountry, Hathunt, Treehunt, Birthday, Divbase, Defense, Devest, Trifecta, CSDOM, Brickbase, Sharkball, HateBase, Hatetf, Assassin, JavTerror, JavHunt, XmasZombies.

New Maps are in production...

Comment

others will disagree
              So why do you disfigure a decently thought through argument about a particular punishment awarded to vys with a half-baked pot shot at the referees of this tournament? This kind of negative attitude towards any decision made by the staff is just pathetic. I know you don't want to grant vys respect, granted he's an ass, but it would indiscriminately affect the other players on his team if he was removed. It would also make the tournament less competitive.

Comment

People care so much about a game. "Lets get rid of vys so he doesn't beat me so badly at the one league i'm good at". Get good.
                Best warbird to ever enter trenchwars

Comment

Originally posted by Iain View Post
                  People care so much about a game. "Lets get rid of vys so he doesn't beat me so badly at the one league i'm good at". Get good.
                  It would seem more along the lines of

"Lets get rid of vys so he doesn't continually disrupt the game, by either throwing tantrums or causing more than his fair share of trouble for the people running and participating in the league."

Are you seriously putting him on such a pedestal that you don't think his team can win without him, or that any team that faces him is afraid they'll loose because he's playing?

I guess yall are, considering all the threads and arguments concerning one player. Get rid of him. Give him the Ricky Williams award as a parting gift.
                  .fffffffff_____
                  .fffffff/f.\ f/.ff\
                  .ffffff|ff __fffff|
                  .fffffff\______/
                  .ffffff/ffff.ffffff\
                  .fffff|fffff.fffffff|
                  .fffff\________/
                  .fff/fffffff.ffffffff\
                  .ff|ffffffff.fffffffff|
                  .ff|ffffffff.fffffffff|
                  .ff\ffffffffffffffffff/
                  .fff\__________/

Comment

Iain = vys
                    "People fear what they can't understand, hate what they can't conquer."

"Cherry blossoms in the Spring, and starry skies in the Summer. The Autumn brings the full moon. The Winter brings the snow. These things make Sake taste good. If you don't like Sake, then there is something wrong with you." Seijuro Hiko

Comment

Originally posted by Iain View Post
                      you've never won anything besides a few twdd games in warbird, so perhaps you've done something in a different ship that i don't know about
                      violence> dont talk 2 me until u got 900+fbook friends and can take 1 dribble from the 3 point line n dunk

[Aug 23 03:03] Oops: 1:siaxis> you try thta ill play possom then reverse roundhouse kick your life
                      [Aug 23 03:20] money: LOL NOT QUITE VIO BUT 5:siaxis> you try thta ill play possom then reverse roundhouse kick your life

Comment

Originally posted by RednaZ View Post
                        Iain = vys
                        RednaZ = Maybe Exit

Comment

Originally posted by Aquatiq View Post
                          RednaZ = Maybe Exit
                          I do not think that is true...

Also I do agree with everyone saying that the penalty the team got is too soft... Vys should never be allowed to play in this league from this very moment... it is just stupid to let him participate still....

If you do a thing like Vys did, it shows you have no respect for the people running the event. It also shows you are living your own life and ONLY care about yourself... you dont give a flying fuck about others and woulds screw over most people the moment a chance arrives to do so.

Ofcourse Vys is not that good that removing him would cause that team to lose their entire competitive power.... You're the biggest moron when you think that..

Just remove VYS from the leauge then we got rid of that idiocy... It's just dumb and nonsence.... Why do we accept certain behaviour... I do not get it.. Why do we accept this weird shit from the same player over and over again???

Sure I am all up for 2nd chances etc.... But on the other hand I also think that 62nd chances are a bit overdone... if that occurs just give the person a lifeban..... that's what vys should get for it constant stupid behaviour....
                          TWLM-J Champion Season 8 :wub:
                          TWLM-D Champion Season 9 <_<
                          TWLM-B Champion Season 10 :pirate2:
                          First person to win all different TWLM'ers :greedy:

Comment

Working...
                          X