TWDT: Week 1 Hot or Not (kinda)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWDT: Week 1 Hot or Not (kinda)

TWDT ran smoothly week 1, with only a few hiccups. My stupidity left the scoreboards reversed for dt-j and dt-b, and the line for dt-j 12 tiles too low (GO ME!). But it should be fixed by next weeks matches. Thats right, in my opinion TWDT was a success much to the chagrin of condescending assholes like megaman89 and excaliburx2o. But overall I get the first NOT of the week for being a complete dumbass.

First round flounder - Aside from Eelam and Paska, who both could not pull their heads out of their asses quick enough to show up for their matches, the first round picks had a decent showing. Some took their team to glory and some......not so much. Our first round flounder of this week is none other than Hercules. Hercules definitely did step up in jav amounting to a very solid 14-6 in their victory over top5squad, but boy did he ever suck nuts in his other two matches. He amassed a whopping 6-10 in wb vs a Durban Poison line that choked hardcore at the start and was the 2nd one out behind unabled who was out so fast that when I got back from taking a 83 second piss (I like to time myself :O) was already back on the bench with a 4-10. To top off his first round credentials Herc barely went above even in spider in his team's loss to Buncha Freqs (which had skullspace in shark doing a piss poor job). Congratz Herc you my friend are NOT HOT, now BOW TO ME _/\o/ _/\o_

Worst Move of the Week - This one has got to go to Thix. I mean honestly, nice trade there numbnuts. You traded away hurricane, who SHOWED UP firstly and also put in a solid jav round, for pascone who failed to do either of the aforementioned. Nice trade there dipshit, not to mention the terring in your dtb match; but enough said here.

Worst Player of the Week (By league) DT-J: I'm gonna go ahead and give this one to you a2m, you dodged the thread above simply because you dominated in DT-B and you played solid in DT-D. First round quality in DT-J? Yeah lets just say I could have done better with my monitor off, 1 arm tied to my leg, and my keyboard unplugged. Nice 3-10, next time you shouldn't wake up with a hangover and play your jav match with your forehead instead of your hands.
    DT-B: I'm just gunna go ahead and give this one to the entire Team Luck for their dismal performance versus Mushroom Gladiators. I realize that MG is a bit of a powerhouse, but lets be real here, you had 3 people on your team go positive....that is just pitiful. Maybe you should try taking steroids like Bonds did, you may do better next week, or else I have a feeling you are going to frequent this category. 2:34, the next worse loss was 6 minutes ahead of you, now thats sad. And I don't know who terr'd that game, but whoever you were you sucked....plain and simple.
    DT-D: I really want to give this to Geio for choking vs scoop (NICE SPAWN THERE SCOOPER), and skepsis makes a very strong case too, but I feel compelled to give this one to unabled. The 8th round pick's team was up by 8 when he proceeded to go out posting a jaw dropping 4-10. His team then proceeded to choke away the lead and lose the game. I am not joking here, Unabled was back on the bench so fast, the seat he was in was still warm from his oversized ass when he came back. He was in for something along the lines of a minute and 10 seconds.

Worst Team of the Week - I don't thin I even need to explain this one. It goes to Cripple and his Mushroom Gladiators. They proceeded to stomp in DT-B, and get the living shit stomped out of them in both of the other leagues. Their matches were the least competitive and most boring to watch. They were either stomping or getting stomped. Overall a disappointment especially to me who thought they would be very very solid in all 3 leagues. Oh yeah and cripple> we are going undefeated in twdt NICE CALL!

On to those who were hot.

First round deliverer - Without a doubt this one goes to Reaver. The 1st overall pick showed exactly why he was picked first overall. Him and kim mounted a glorious comeback in DT-J where he mvp'd with an impressive 16-8. He also came just short of an MVP in DT-B to the one and only humid (HOLY SHIT I'M GOOD!!!!! YEAH EAT ME LOSERS!). And also posted a very solid 12-9 in his DT-D match. Leading his team to a 3-0 perfect record, Reaver....you are SMOKIN HOT!.

Move of the Week - The 23rd round acquisition of Wazit by Burger Nipples is probably the move of the week. No one really expected anything from this mere 6* and he delivered a very good sub in of 6-3 (w/ one tk of course) along with a solid outing in spider for a team who really didn't show their potential in basing this week. Watch out for Wazit, he may just be our player on the rise. Congratz wazit, you are emo, but you're HOT.

Best Player of the Week DT-J: Reaver really deserves this for the comeback they mounted in the last 5 minutes and his 16-8 rec being the best of anyone this week, but I already talked about him and I don't want to boost his ego more than I should, so I'll just give it to waven who posted a 16-9 rec, very solid. Unfortunately I didn't get to see your match....so....good job?
    DT-B: Seeing how Luck earned the right to be humiliated here, Mushroom Gladiators deserves the right to be glorified here. a2m/cig and necro decided that they just wanted to dominate everyone. And they did. Humiliating team Luck seemed as easy for cig as eating a triple cheeseburger in one bite for cig (and for those of you who don't know cig holds the record for eating a hexa-patty cheeseburger in one bite...check it out in the book of world records). Good job MG, even though you guys were shitty as a whole on the week. HONROABLE MENTION: ME BECAUSE I MVP'D!!!!!!! I AM SO GOOD!!!!
    DT-D: Burger Nipples, just absolutely demolished Mushroom Gladiators. I MEAN THRASED THE LIVING HELL OUT OF THEM. Congrats to you guys for beating the living shit out of a crippled kid. Bike and Vys led the way leaving corpses by their wayside. Yo MG!!! YOU GUYS GOT BITCH SMACK'd gg. Honorable Mention: Scoop for being so clutch and busting out an 18-9, you my friend are a pimp and are lucky you didn't get banned for the weekend.

Team of the Week Two team remain undefeated after the first week: Buncha Freqs and Durban Poison. DP made a lot of noise in close matches and comebacks, but honestly we weren't as solid. Buncha just quietly put people away with solid performances. They had no really outstanding players aside from Scoop who racked up the casualties in DT-D and Bram who turned in the best spider performance of the weekend (ok so a few). They just quietly put people away by a consistent margin and moved along with their business. I'd really like to give this to my own team, but honestly Scoop's team was the more solid team. Watch out for a Buncha Freqs this next weekend.

Humid Signing off o/
    TWDT Head Op Seasons 2, 3, and 4
    TWL Season 14 & 17 Head Op
    Season 13 TWLD Champion, Seasons 13 & 14 LJ Champion

Winston Churchill: "That is the sort of nonsense up with which we will not put!"

Those who dare to fail miserably can achieve greatly.
    - John F. Kennedy

A sadist is a masochist who follows the Golden Rule.
    Originally posted by kthx
    Umm.. Alexander the Great was the leader of the Roman empire, not the Greek empire guy.

Here's My Version of Week 1 HoN

I broke it down by team, you don't have to like it, but your going to read it anyways. :>

Buncha Freqs: One of only 2 teams this week to go 3-0, led by scoop and his salary cap of 750 stars. Each match had a different hero this week with siaxis (13-8) coming through in the javelin department and being robbed of MVP. Bunch Of FREAKS played a closer match in TWDT-B against Static Burn's Spiral, with bram and Fit of Rage leading the way for spiders with 126 and 118 kills respectively. the highlight this week for this squad though was in TWDT-D with a 50-49 win over Candy King. Down 46-38 Fieryfire and scoop hang on with a 14-10 and 18-9, just long enough for Candy King's warbirds to lag out and hand over the free win. This teams stars? Scoop (WB) and Siaxis (Javelin). This weeks Not-So-Much-A-Freq? Skepsis (3-10 in wb) and Skullspace (Probably worst shark in the league)

Durban Poison: The only other team to start the league undefeated was captained by Suede and Humidity. No real suprise that the drafts #1 pick in Reaver led his team in all 3 leagues today with a borderline MVP performances in every match. Also coming through in the clutch were Deductable and Ison in warbirds, and MHz with 4 teks in their basing match as a shark. This is a pretty well rounded team, headed by arguably the most capable captain this season. This weeks Durban Stars are Suede and Reaver, and this weeks poison is Hypocrit (0-5 in javs).

Candy King: A dissapointing 1-2 this week by my team, with our 1 win coming in my department (basing) with a pretty decisive win over thix and his squad of delicious nipples. Our spider line of Ri$e, Zhou and Myself were neck in neck the entire game and ended within 3 kills of each other, with s_s_o_t_e stepping it up a notch in his shark in the absence of cranium and vatican assassin. Also stepping it up this week for Candy King was Geio, with a decent sub in javs, and the squads best performer in warbird. Our 2 losses this week was by a combined 8 points, with i.d. and rednaz 0-4 and 6-10 not living up to their standards. Maybe next week we will play more than 2 javelins. This weeks Candy King goes to s_s_o_t_e and geio and the candy ASS award goes to i.d. (only because rednaz will probably read this)

Luck: Like Candy King (and the rest of the teams) Luck, led by dreamwin had a pretty dissapointing week with their 1 win being against a Candy King javelin line that was missing 3 starters. Waven lived up to his reputation though with a 16-9 and an MVP claim. Luck also sustained the worst beating in the basing dept today with Dreamwin in terr (Mistake #1) and zizzo in wb (Mistake #2). In Warbirds, they put up a good fight against a much better line led by Vue a.k.a Colossos (12-10) and ripper. If this team is hoping to win anything, they better put more thought into which people are good at which ships. This weeks Hot is Waven, and this weeks not is Dreamwin.

top5squad: Props to jaa a.k.a TragiK for being the laughing stock of captains but still managing to pick a pretty well rounded team, and still having enough team spirit to sub himself out at 0-5 in his dueling match, which probably saved his squad from going 0-3 to open the season. My only suggestion is to have more variety among your different leagues, Da1 and Remu are not 2 league players, and should not be treated as such, but none the less, you held your own this week. Your stars for this week are JAMAL (performed well considering the team behind him) in all 3 games and Ease, with your NOT being Tj Hazuki (no offense dude) and Da1.

Spiral: This teams win this week also came in the javelin department, showing a MUCH better line than rival T5S, but barely scraping away with the win, carried by Herc. In basing, you probably should have walked away with the win based solely and shark and terr superiority, but nobody stepped up in the clutch for that TEK when it was most crucial and let the enemy into the FR time and time again. You also managed to lose in warbirds to 3 warbirds and 2 nobodies, with faulty performances from Hercules (6-10) and the over rated Unabled (5-10). This teams Nots for weeks one are Unabled and Hercules (Due to inconsistency) with your Hots being M_M God (4 teks and MVP) and Zelazny (13-10 in wb)

Mushroom Gladiators: This team absolutely rocked their opponent in TWDT-B, but got raped hard up the ass by the competition in the other 2 leagues. Why would you play fairlights in javs? Not too much good to say about you this week, you need to reconsider your lines for next week before you get stomped again. Your Mushroom Gladiator for the week is Necromotic (8 teks) with you Mushroom Masturbators being a2m (11-20 combined) and Last Standing (2-10 in warbird)

Burger Nipples: Although you showed a decent line in each field today, you walked away 1-2 just like the rest of us. Your javelin loss can be placed on the shoulders of revered (2-7) and your basing loss onto the shoulders of your sharks, they were horrible. You did however decide to save vys for your TWDT-D match which turned the game into a total massacre over MG. Now you have seen what you are up against, and I suspect better results in the upcoming weeks. Your nipples this week are revered and vys (for being a retard) with your stars being Bike (15-4) and Jrahan.

Comment

first of all, we had 20% of our basing line on. mg is best team in twdbt.

second, lizard fuel, mate. Yes, they had 3 javs in, did you count how many javs we had in?

We had sucky week. I hope next week our starters bother to show.
      Season 12 champion TWLD / TWLJ
      Season 18 champion TWLJ / TWLB
      Season 19 champion TWLB (C)

Season 6 champion TWDT-J TWDT-B (C)
      Season 10 champion TWDT-J (C)
      Season 11 champion TWDT-B (C)
      Season 13 champion TWDT-B (C)
      Season 17 TRIPLE CROWN TWDT (C)

The winningest TWDT captain of all time

Comment

We just had a bad week in Jav/wb. A2m is always hit or miss in those leagues. 1 week he'll own, next he'll struggle like today, but we own basing so much we wont lose any of those probably, so we only need to do decent in 1 of the other 2.
        _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

Originally posted by Lizard Fuel View Post
          In basing, you probably should have walked away with the win based solely and shark and terr superiority, but nobody stepped up in the clutch for that TEK when it was most crucial and let the enemy into the FR time and time again.

hahahahahahaadhjdahaha afk. hihihi raples : o()--:---:
          4:DEEZ NUTS> geio hopefully u smoke ur last cig right now
          4:Geio> yo wont ever happen again
          4:Geio> DEEZ?
          4:Geio> LOLOL
          4:DEEZ NUTS> LOL
          4:scoop> cant tell if deez was trying to be a good influence or telling him to die LOL
          4:spirit> LOL
          4:Geio> LOLOL THINK HE TOLD ME TO DIE
          4:Geio> FUCKING DICKHEAD

Comment

dp mb
            4:DEEZ NUTS> geio hopefully u smoke ur last cig right now
            4:Geio> yo wont ever happen again
            4:Geio> DEEZ?
            4:Geio> LOLOL
            4:DEEZ NUTS> LOL
            4:scoop> cant tell if deez was trying to be a good influence or telling him to die LOL
            4:spirit> LOL
            4:Geio> LOLOL THINK HE TOLD ME TO DIE
            4:Geio> FUCKING DICKHEAD

Comment

haha you guys did a good job with this. If you have enough steam, I'd say you should continue with these write-ups and carry them into the TWL season as well
              Dice
              TWLB Champions Season 8
              TWLJ Champions Season 8
              TWLB Champions Season 10
              TWLB Champions Season 11

Comment

Originally posted by a2m+ View Post
                haha you guys did a good job with this. If you have enough steam, I'd say you should continue with these write-ups and carry them into the TWL season as well
                ph called dibs on HoN for twl :S i can try in get in maybe

Winston Churchill: "That is the sort of nonsense up with which we will not put!"

- John F. Kennedy

Umm.. Alexander the Great was the leader of the Roman empire, not the Greek empire guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Lizard Fuel View Post
                  top5squad: Props to jaa a.k.a TragiK for being the laughing stock of captains but still managing to pick a pretty well rounded team, and still having enough team spirit to sub himself out at 0-5 in his dueling match, which probably saved his squad from going 0-3 to open the season. My only suggestion is to have more variety among your different leagues, Da1 and Remu are not 2 league players, and should not be treated as such, but none the less, you held your own this week. Your stars for this week are JAMAL (performed well considering the team behind him) in all 3 games and Ease, with your NOT being Tj Hazuki (no offense dude) and Da1.

jaa didnt sub himself OUT
                  he subbed himself IN for 2-5 kentaro
                  but props for trying to be nice
                  TWLD CHAMP - STRAY (SORT OF)

Comment

Originally posted by a2m+ View Post
                    You should ask cops and kolar if thats ok with them, I wouldn't want to upset cops and have him cry to his brother again to warn me for it. Looking back on these HoNs, i think its funny how similiar mine and humi's are, and not even on purpose.

Pure Hatred, I'm down to help you if you want it.

edit: My bad then chuckle. I tried

Comment

can we please establish that burger nips is not losing in dtd
                      I'm just a middle-aged, middle-eastern camel herdin' man
                      I got a 2 bedroom cave here in North Afghanistan

Comment

yea gj writing it up, and chuck is right i subbed in and went 0-5

i'd also like to point out that i'm 1-0 in games that i've played in

yep, im probably top 5 wb in tw
                        Gripe> apok is good but he's completely wasted his youth playing this game

Comment

Originally posted by Izor View Post
                          can we please establish that burger nips is not losing in dtd
                          lets establish that your composite record is what gets you into the playoffs, then you can win dtd

- John F. Kennedy

Comment

Originally posted by Summa View Post
                            ph called dibs on HoN for twl :S i can try in get in maybe
                            i'm just the editor right now, i'll only write if i have to. if you want in, talk to me in-game.
                            Originally posted by Tone
                            It is now time for the energy shift of the 7th root race to manifest on the 3D physical plane and uplift us back to 5D.
                            Originally posted by the_paul
                            Gargle battery acid fuckface
                            Originally posted by Material Girl
                            I tried downloading a soundcard

Comment

DT-D: I really want to give this to Geio for choking vs scoop (NICE SPAWN THERE SCOOPER), and skepsis makes a very strong case too, but I feel compelled to give this one to unabled. The 8th round pick's team was up by 8 when he proceeded to go out posting a jaw dropping 4-10. His team then proceeded to choke away the lead and lose the game. I am not joking here, Unabled was back on the bench so fast, the seat he was in was still warm from his oversized ass when he came back. He was in for something along the lines of a minute and 10 seconds.

You also managed to lose in warbirds to 3 warbirds and 2 nobodies, with faulty performances from Hercules (6-10) and the over rated Unabled (5-10).

I got owned But i got my game back cause im actually dding now so i guess ill have to start owning again.
                              [Aug 18 01:02] Creature: embarrassed u lsot to riverside, jsut wanted to come online for first time in many months to express my opniion. mad embarrassed 4 u

Comment

Working...
                              X