TWD Idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWD Idea

Now that TWL qualification is over, TWD continues to go on as before (from everything ive heard). In my opinion this provides little incentive for existing TWD squads to compete and may be less fun for them. However there are:

33 Squads in TWBD
    77 Squads in TWDD
    54 Squads in TWJD

Now some of these are dead squads but even then thats still alot of squads. I think TWD may be more intresting for the non TWL qualifying squads, if TWL qualifying squads were unranked. Meaning they can still use bots, play games, get practice against other squads, but they wont be taking top ranks in TWD. This would allow existing squads a chance to compete against each other. This would most likely lead to a more exciting league for the squads who did not qualify, and with trench attendence growing higher and higher this seems practical.

One weakness in this idea: Non TWL squads may never want to play TWL squads then if there is no points from it, and this could be a problem for TWL squads wanting to get pracs in for upcoming game on weekends. *Will be looking for a solution to this, plus I am sure some people will find other reasons for why this might not work.

Then during season: TWL ends

And at a preset time TWD ends with either playoffs or its own, or
    a set cut off date. Then TWL squads could rejoin and there could be qualification

Or

The Top TWD squads just replace the TWL squads that have disbanded.

Anyways just an idea, let me know your thoughts on this topic.
    I am sure, TWD organizers already have some ideas on what they want to do, would like to hear from them.

Thanks

Rule

I think the idea really does provide some good incentive for the non-TWL squads to compete for those rankings! I'd be nice if it simply ommitted TWL squads from the ranking but still provided rating changes for any squads that play a TWL squad.
    TWLB Champion Season 1 (Light)
    TWLD Champion Season 6/7 (Elusive/Syndicate)
    TWLJ Champion Season 7 (Syndicate)

1 of the first 2 to get all 3. (Fireballz is other)

Comment

Originally posted by 2dragons
      I think the idea really does provide some good incentive for the non-TWL squads to compete for those rankings! I'd be nice if it simply ommitted TWL squads from the ranking but still provided rating changes for any squads that play a TWL squad.
      yes
      Animol> the solution for crimelization is openetion of heartization
      Moltenrock> STOP TALKING TO MY TEAMMMATE ASSHOLE

Comment

specifically...

I'd be nice if it simply ommitted TWL squads from the ranking but still provided rating changes for any squads that play a TWL squad.
        yes
        RogerMexico
        The Daily Nice
        Post Secret

Comment

Yep, 2ds add remark would fix that prob.

Comment

I think at one point there was the idea in TWD to have two lists of ranks: one for TWL squads and one for non-TWL squads.

Different pages that show placement, but the two groups can play each other, I even think the TWD website is built with tabs on the "top 5" in each division where you can see the top 5 TWL squads and the top 5 non TWL squads. This feature could be implemented with the new list of TWL squads available
            I'd rather be SubSpacing.

Comment

Agreed with Rule and 2d.

-Epi
              Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
              www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
              www.animeslice.com

Comment

its a great idea, and i think myth (or tWD site designers) has made provisions for two sets of ranks

the flaw is.... if a non-twl squad plays a twl squad...and loses points....that shouldnt hurt their ranking against other non-twl squads...

you almost need 2 separate ladders....or else have a team playing a non-twl squad not lose any points for losing to them.....

something along those lines anyways
                Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Comment

Yes, the idea was to keep 2 ladders, one with and one without TWL squads.

During TWL, the ladder without TWL squads should be the prominent one.

I'd like to hear more takes on whether or not to rate TWD games involving TWL squads.

Comment

Originally posted by Mythrandir

I'd like to hear more takes on whether or not to rate TWD games involving TWL squads.
                    the problem or catch 22 is.... if they arent rated at all....then some TWD teams may never want to bother playing them...

but if theres an extreme possibility of losing, and it is worth points...then they may not want to take the chance....

maybe make it a very reduced loss of point factor for the non-twl squad....but still has the ability to earn points so that TWL squads can get practice matches if they so choose
                    Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Comment

I think that the TWD squads SHOULD be able to play the TWL squads because one of the major goals of TWD is to prepare top TWD squads for TWL. What is a better way than to challenge squads already in TWL and be able to get points for these wins. If lower squads do not want to challenge TWL squads than that is their choice. They do not have to if they do not think that they can compete in TWL. Winning against TWL squads shows that you are ready for the real thing in TWL. However, TWL squads should not be ranked in the TWD ladder. Only those not in TWL should be part of the TWD ladder.

However 1 problem (I'm not sure if it's evena problem) is that I'm not sure if TWL teams will want to continue to play games against TWD squads. If they do not than TWL squads will slowly move down the TWD ladder and playing these squads will not be worth it points-wise.

Comment

the only problem is the TWD rankings sufficient

if you are competing for the top of the TWD spot and lets say play spastic and lose.... if you lose points on the TWD ladder.....and another squad doesnt bother playing twl squads...and there for dont lose those matches

in order for it to be worthwhile, there needs to be a low risk and normal reward kinda thing i think in order for it to work all round

Comment

Rule's suggestion sounds like it'll work. For most TWL squads, TWD isn't much more than just practice anyways.

Just some random thoughts:

Maybe run scheduled matches inbetween TWL's for the lower ranked squads, taking the next highest bracket of TWD squads? I'm sure some of the non-TWL squads would like to see their top line-ups compete with other non-TWL squads... and it would add some more incentive into TWD...

Comment

Elusive2 family reunion!

enough said!

Comment

I always thought that it was a good thing that TWD kept going on, this also meant that TWL squad could still practise during the week, and try out new line-ups, or even a warm-up game before the TWL game starts, I would want to play in TWD if i was in TWL.
                              Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

Working...
                              X