X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bid: ohio

suede bids 10*
    Originally posted by Tone
    It is now time for the energy shift of the 7th root race to manifest on the 3D physical plane and uplift us back to 5D.
    Originally posted by the_paul
    Gargle battery acid fuckface
    Originally posted by Material Girl
    I tried downloading a soundcard

what bologna

ph, i think you shoudl ammend the rules to have them state 'a captain who drops a player may not bid on that player again' or something like that.

this is a way that sets the squads up to get an unlimited * cap

please

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

lol yes ok, gonna do the same with deez if I ever feel like it I guess

Comment

arent they still on that draft squad until friday midnight anyways?

Comment

burnt actually asked me about doing this a couple of days ago. it's not explicitly against the rules so i'm not disallowing it without talking to humid first. this bid will stand unless humid says otherwise.
          Originally posted by Tone
          It is now time for the energy shift of the 7th root race to manifest on the 3D physical plane and uplift us back to 5D.
          Originally posted by the_paul
          Gargle battery acid fuckface
          Originally posted by Material Girl
          I tried downloading a soundcard

Comment

Originally posted by PH View Post
            burnt actually asked me about doing this a couple of days ago. it's not explicitly against the rules so i'm not disallowing it without talking to humid first. this bid will stand unless humid says otherwise.
            well, i guess thats alright

but, i dont think the transactions actually happen until the end of the week

oh well

edit: if this reasoning is used, at 11:59 on friday, i suggest each squad drops their players then creates another thread bidding far less on them again. this will allow you to retain your same players while giving you massive amounts of cap room. if it works out right for you, you will also get some of those high * ranked players down to 6* and under. you can play the very best in each division and not have to worrk about that old 6* rule anymore either.

woohoo!
            Last edited by Zeebu; 08-06-2008, 03:57 PM.

Comment

So, do I even bother showing for matches this week? Do I have to wait for the following week to be able to play?
              TWLJ Season 5 Champion
              TWLJ Season 9 Champion - Syndicate
              TWLD Season 10 Champion - Syndicate

Comment

what's wrong with how it's worked so far?

the only way to really take advantage of the drop system is if you drop a high profile player on thursday 11:59 (no new threads on friday), which keeps that player off other teams' rosters for that weekend

to guard against that, you could say no drops after wednesday, so captains will have a full day on thursday to bid on dropped players.
                Gripe> apok is good but he's completely wasted his youth playing this game

Comment

Originally posted by tragiK View Post
                  what's wrong with how it's worked so far?

the only way to really take advantage of the drop system is if you drop a high profile player on thursday 11:59 (no new threads on friday), which keeps that player off other teams' rosters for that weekend

to guard against that, you could say no drops after wednesday, so captains will have a full day on thursday to bid on dropped players.
                  sorry, i meant 11:59 thursday

what i was trying to say though, was that you can drop a high star player, then rebid on them right away all within a very short timespan right before the deadline

Comment

the deadline meaning thursday, to start a new bid thread
                    you run the risk of being outbid on friday

the problem with that is that it doesn't give the other caps time to drop their own players to free up points, should they want to sign that guy

theres a couple ways to proceed with this - just let it run as it has and see which captains are better at exploiting the current rules, or put in place another 50 rules and see which captains are better at exploiting those rules.

sure, i don't really like what suede has done, but i would've done the same in his situation. savvy move, really.
                    Gripe> apok is good but he's completely wasted his youth playing this game

Comment

its easier to list a rule that says: dont be a douche and exploit rules.

then just give a simple 'no' when someone does something that wasnt intended

Comment

Ok so its not in the rules, so how about you put it in the rules? I understand ph is posting in place of suede, but how can the new head of the league pull a stunt like this, cant we use some common sense and realize that a move like this is well beyond excusable and an understatement at completely ridiculous? Don't abuse humid's shortcomings in the rules for your own benefit, play fair like the rest of us.

Comment

if they insist on releasing a player and resigning them at a lower price.. do what the NBA does.. they still need to pay the * they used to sign the player in the first place.. and if they want to resign them.. they need to use more of their *'s..

if ph actually allows this to happen.. it's pretty unfair
                          9 TWL Titles - 5 TWLJ 3 TWLD 1 TWLB

4:Akuun> Did Neth tell u about his Sims game?
                          4:Nimrook> No?
                          4:Nethila> omfg.. i have babies with your girl in Sims!
                          4:Nimrook> ooo.. well i understand Neth, it's not your fault that u cannot make real ones.. cause u were born like that.. i guess u will have to make babies in your Sims game
                          4:Akuun> ROFL
                          4:Akuun> Hahahahahaha
                          4:Thundermare> Neth = owned
                          4:Nimrook> lol

3:Zell> popped boners a couple of times, couldnt aim at the cue ball

Comment

11*
                            5:gen> man
                            5:gen> i didn't know shade's child fucked bluednady

Comment

facetious you don't want ohio. you and i both know you don't want ohio. why are you doing this
                              Originally posted by turmio
                              jeenyuss seemingly without reason if he didn't have clean flours in his bag.
                              Originally posted by grand
                              I've been afk eating an apple and watching the late night news...

Comment

Working...
                              X