TWDT HoN Week #3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWDT HoN Week #3

My apologies for being so late. Thank chuck for leaving me a ?message to remind me. I just forgot to do this cuz I was so irritated. Anyways here goes....

TWDT-J

Candy King vs Top5Squad - This week jaa's 3 jav and 2 WB line pretty much laid the smack down on Singer's 2 jav, 2 WB and one Baser line. Personally, as a member and Asst. Cap of Candy King, I am growing quite tired of being forced to "add whoever is on" because nobody bothers to show up for our games, but none the less, big names failed to step up for us (Deez Nuts 2-7) and RednaZ (5-10). On the flip side, Shan had 3 2fers (What A Deal!) in the first 90 seconds of play and ended up with MVP and an 18-8. Jones also showed that he is not completely worthless in the yellow ship with a strong 9-4. Notables: Exquisite didn't do what I expected out of him, and I made my first jav showing since TWL season 8 with Thrill.

Mushroom Gladiators vs Burger Nipples - Interesting line choices in this match with some surprise stars, and some not as surprising failures. Sauro and Voth stepped it up to move MG even further into the basement of TWDT with their scores of 12-7 and 10-7 and vys walking away with an 15-9 MVP. The view from the bottom is showing FAILlights negative once again, with plob and Revolt showing some team spirit in sharing this special spotlight of suck. I feel for necro who has been the only one living up to his reputation in the yellow ship.

Durban Poison vs Buncha Freqs - Correct me if I am wrong, but looking at the scoreboard, i see DP fielded 7 players. Which would mean they used 2 subs. So you managed to break the rules by fielding 7 choke artists, and still lose to a lineup with Dazzal in it, which is an automatic handicap. Good work. I'll give sertifi his credit though for being the one DP player to go positive. On BF's side NL> lead the way with 15 kills, with Zidane next in line with 10. Honorable mention to siaxis, the random nobody who has remained pretty consistently good in his standings since the start of this tournament, which is more than I can say about just about everyone else in the league.

Spiral vs Luck - I'd have to check the standings to be sure about this, but Luck might very well have taken the throne from MG this week as "Worst TWDT team in history". Luck showed a pretty outstanding jav line once again this week, minus Eelam, but once again, every single one of them choked on a gigantic camel dick. On Spiral's side, the scores reflected are pretty accurate to my personal opinion of each player. Maketso lead the way with his 12-7 and screamo brought up the rear with an unimpressive 6-10.

TWDT-D

Mushroom Gladiators vs Luck - A warbird duel for the ages...The Subspace equivalent of The Battle Of The Bulge...An Epic showdown between the two worst draft teams in the history of Trench Wars. Newly acquired Royce being the sole positive standout in this match, saving the day for MG and single handedly handing Luck another Winless week. A notable performance on MG by no-name Jinco with an 11-5. I feel bad for Dreamwin and his team, I've been ripping into them pretty hard week after week, but the good news is that it's over....by that I mean your season. You better be damn near perfect if you want to prove me wrong, though I don't even think that could help you at this point. Start bowing to nasrallah or whatever other name you call God.

Top5Squad vs Buncha Freqs - With Candy King's 0-2 this week, the new Top squad in the league edged out a close win over BF 50-47. Grouch had his good week, which will be followed by either a no show next week, or a 1:2. You heard it here first. On BF's end, everyone did their part and most even did a little extra, and was let down by solely by crusade and his 4-10. Maybe I just haven't seen him before, but who the fuck is crusade and why was he left in such a close game when he was clearly overmatched? Notables: Ease gets mentioned again for his 3rd sub-par performance in a row, and Jones deserves a mention as well for doing well in javs, but not so well in his own ship. I'll see you at the top, jaa.

Burger Nipples vs Spiral - If anyone had asked me a month ago what I thought of Bike in wb, I would have told them that he was a washed up vet, not worth half the effort it takes to type his name, and I would have been wrong. Week after week he shines and is a very integral member of his team. I will mention Izor again for his consistency. Place him against Pirates and he will go 10-10, place him against NC17 and he will go 10-10, with the occasional 13-14 kill game. This team starting to look like a very serious threat in DT-D. For Spiral, when your kill leader is Unabled and his Stray n Pray elim style routine, you know you are having some issues. Now I will admit not seeing your match because I was too busy losing my own, but based solely on the scoreboard, you might want to consider playing your 6's in another field, cuz your 6's in WB suck something awful.

Durban Poison vs Candy King - DP showed an interestingly mixed lineup for this match, with the veteran warbirds performing below par, and a complete and utter newbie saving the day. Confluence and b4s3rman (whatever) each scored an 8-10, and sertifi started out 10-3 in what appeared to be a total blowout, but finished with a 10-10. Spaceship picked a good week to have the best game of his life (16-6) and managed to spawn out 3 of my players on 9 deaths at my TWDT captaining debut. Deez did his part this time with 15 kills, and deck made a strong comeback from 1-7 to 9-10 as I was counting on him to do. I'm going to have to give the Candy ASS award this week to myself for giving in to EvilDeed and his insistent whining that he never gets to play. If I had to do it again, Whinegum would have been in and proving his worth. Lesson learned, I deserved that loss.

As you all should already know, no basing matches occurred this week, but take this as a friendly reminder that Sunday August 17th will be hosting TWO (2) TWDT-B matches for each team. One at 3PM EST and another at 5PM EST.

nice work as usual... just one thing, royce wasn't a new pickup, he was in the draft.
    Gripe> apok is good but he's completely wasted his youth playing this game

Comment

spaceship's not a newbie. spaceship's a great wb.
      Originally posted by turmio
      jeenyuss seemingly without reason if he didn't have clean flours in his bag.
      Originally posted by grand
      I've been afk eating an apple and watching the late night news...

Comment

Originally posted by Jeenyuss View Post
        spaceship's not a newbie. spaceship's a great wb.
        says jeenyuss over here who knows wb talent when he sees it amirite
        RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
        RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

k im showing up or twdt=B

Comment

Originally posted by Exalt View Post
            says jeenyuss over here who knows wb talent when he sees it amirite
            does a 16-6 carry say otherwise?
            Originally posted by turmio
            jeenyuss seemingly without reason if he didn't have clean flours in his bag.
            Originally posted by grand
            I've been afk eating an apple and watching the late night news...

Comment

the problem with spiral is that they play paky and some other newbie that will die out in 4 mins and then 3 people who wont...

rofl at zelazny btw terrible pick
              I'm just a middle-aged, middle-eastern camel herdin' man
              I got a 2 bedroom cave here in North Afghanistan

Comment

Working...
              X