HoN Week 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HoN Week 5

Lucky for me jaa wrote the WB section of this weeks HoN, because I really didn't feel like it. So I'll be posting it, but know that jaa is the one who took the time to do it....

TWDT-J

Top5Squad vs Burger Nipples - This hardly appears to be a match of two playoff contenders in this 50-28 romp. t5s started the day in first place, and continued its dominance in this first match for another 3-0 week. Shan continued his weekly dominance with a 13-5 (Which followed shortly after a 1-10 in a TWD game) and Ease seems to be turning around his choking habit and walked away with a 16 kill MVP. On the losing end, new team member "HLK" led his team in a fruitless battle for some pride, and valker had a huge showing with an impressive 1-10. My predictions are for t5s to choke hard next week in javs, at least I'm hoping thats the case, because at this rate, nobody is going to catch up.

Spiral vs Buncha Freqs - Good start to the playoffs for Spiral, who squeaked in by receiving a free forfeit win last week, and a disappointing loss for Buncha Euros who was my personal pick as the team to beat at the start of the season. Maketso failed to be a force for the first time this season with a 6-6 and 2 lagouts, but was carried my M_M God at Phizey with 12 and 11 kills respectively. Heres a first. Dazzal lead his team in kills. I hereby declare this day, August 24th 2008....Dazzal Day. Good work little buddy.

Durban Poison vs Candy King - What looked to be a promising start for 6-6 Candy King didn't pan out so well for the day, but we did scrape out a win against 6-6 Durban Poison. Close game pretty much all around the board with this one, with myself making my 2nd appearance of the season, though not such a good one this time. Singer and Fludd led the match in kills followed by GOLDEN AIM of DP who was 10-7 before getting stuck 4 vs 1. Major Crisis managed to outperform Confluence, and Im not sure if thats good for Major, or bad for confluence, but either way, it wasnt enough. Notable: For whatever reason the stat box does not show it, but Sertifi managed to lag out at least twice, which should have been more like 6 times, and should have had about 14 deaths with all the lag he was inducing.

TWDT-B

Buncha Freqs vs Durban Poison - Not a good week for Buncha Euros. After their dominating win last week over Candy King, I once again gave this team more credit than they deserve, as they were pretty handily handed a dirty south ass beating. Led by Renzi (lol) in kills with 76 is sad enough, but looking at the rest of your beautiful disaster of a lineup, one can't help but giggle a bit on the inside. Not sure who the special was for DP, but I'm going to assume it was Confluence, with 5 teks. Peace_Maker had his first notable terr performance in at least 6 months, and all of your offensive ships did their part. Side note: Suede fell just short of matching ph for shark kills, how does this happen?

Spiral vs Burger Nipples - Spiral trying to prove to the world of TW that it belongs in the playoffs over a pretty bad "Luck" team, and it did just that with a basing win today, making them 2 for 2 up to this point. Dutch Baser was the sole player to hit the century mark in kill today, and claimed the MVP. M_M God was right behind him (Not in kills) as the jav (So I heard) and receives 2 thumbs up from this writer for his 4 Vys kills. Royst had a pitiful spider performance at 79-58, as I personally see him as the most talented player in the match. Izor (LOL) made a basing appearance today for Burger Nips, and it appeared he was attempting to mock his WB habits, going 1:1 with just a couple extra kills for insurance purposes. HLK shined for his team in their first match, but managed a negative rec in the green ship in the 2nd match.

Candy King vs Top5Squad - The scores shown are much closer than the way the game actually felt, as Candy King got off to a booming start, scoring 2 JAMAL teks in the first 60 seconds, but our cram consistently fell apart faster than the box of KFC in Goddess' fridge. Im gonna hold myself accountable as the Candy Ass of the week, as I should be leading my spids in kills, and grossly underperformed by my own standards. In our spids defense though, we could not attach for remu (117-69 MVP) was coasting around mid blindly firing, and I'm convinced Wingzero was DOA'ing us on purpose. All the excuses in the world won't make a difference, then #1 team in TWDT won yet again, and quite a few players deserve to be mentioned, but I will pick only 2. Dead_Rain was a huge sub in terr, and aquatiq is quite the impressive shark when skullspace is not involved. Side Note: Da1 is a faggot.

TWDT-D (Written By jaa/tragiK)

Buncha Freqs vs Spiral: Spiral capped off their 3-0 weekend by putting out the better lineup, but the 50-29 domination that was this game showed the importance of lineup balance - Buncha Freq's listless, non-teaming strayers were no match for the rush and rape trio of Herc, Kyou, and Paky, with Unabled vulching everything in sight, and Burnt lobbing shots from 3 screens away. Buncha might have managed in the high 30s had it not been for lagouts from Siaxis (2-8) and Skepsis (5-5), but without Scoop running point, they didn't have a chance. Unabled gets the MVP nod at 12-5, but I'm guessing that had something to do with new pickup Kyou weaving his way through and drawing all the fire...

top5squad vs Durban Poison: And here I was getting worried that we wouldn't have enough warbirds to contend with the likes of Reaver and Baserman, but then I did ?find and saw the light. Their best remaining wb in Ohio inexplicably didn't show, leaving Durban with a Memphis Grizzlies-esqe lineup of Deductable (self professed pubber), Golden Aim (I hear he was good 5 years ago), hypocrit (never heard of him, he must be a baser), Shadowmere (solid wb but can't do it himself), and Suede (should've traded me reaver). Jones goes about his business with 13-7, and top 5 wb JAA pulls out with the MVP at 14-8, most of which was done chasing down stragglers at the end. Special mention goes to Dead_Rain, who somehow weaseled his way into the wb line, and uh... didn't die out.

Candy King vs Burger Nipples: The bike difference - without their 3:1 wb, Burger pulls out a tough 2 point win vs Singer's line of long range warbirds (lonesome rusher Geio gets left out to dry with a 5-10). Deck is left at 17-9 against vys and Jrahen both on 9 - while he stayed alive long enough to get some shots off, there was no real danger of an upset here. Blame almost fell on Jrahen (3-9), but I'm guessing it's just because everyone else on his team has better killing power. Still, Burger Nipples continues to show that playing with a sense of purpose (rushing their opponents to shame) is better than playing to survive - it might've been a different story if Deez Nuts had played instead of Singer, but we'll never know now, will we.

Overall Team Records:
    Durban Poison: 7-8
    Buncha Freqs: 8-7
    top5squad: 12-3
    Candy King: 7-8
    Burger Nipples: 8-7
    Spiral: 8-7

it's not time for the playoffs yet.
    Originally posted by Tone
    It is now time for the energy shift of the 7th root race to manifest on the 3D physical plane and uplift us back to 5D.
    Originally posted by the_paul
    Gargle battery acid fuckface
    Originally posted by Material Girl
    I tried downloading a soundcard

Comment

Change the title to better suit your opinion then.

Comment

Originally posted by Lizard Fuel View Post
        Royst had a pitiful spider performance at 79-58, as I personally see him as the most talented player in the match.
        Actually Royst missed the first 6 minutes or so (because he showed up late!) and would have had around 100 kills if he played the whole game

Comment

Ah bugger, I forgot all about this working 6 nights last week. Remind me for next weekend cuz I'll be working another 6 nights.
          "People fear what they can't understand, hate what they can't conquer."

"Cherry blossoms in the Spring, and starry skies in the Summer. The Autumn brings the full moon. The Winter brings the snow. These things make Sake taste good. If you don't like Sake, then there is something wrong with you." Seijuro Hiko

Comment

We'll never choke! or maybe next week I dunno.
            (Paradise)>dj sage
            (HELLZNO!)>is he good, ive never heard his music
            1: Dynasty> LOL
            1:vue> LOL
            1:Cap> LOOL

Comment

this tournament could be interesting if we showed our top lineup once, but so far no luck
              TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

This tournament would be even more of a joke if we ever showed our top line in wb, but we have yet to do that
                I'm just a middle-aged, middle-eastern camel herdin' man
                I got a 2 bedroom cave here in North Afghanistan

Comment

re

lizard, your so bad at this, atleast what ph said made SENSE! you talk outta your ass and whats worse is that your so bad no1 wants you on their squad, atleast XOG or GODESS were on squads. GET GOOD and back off my boi renzi ya heard?
                  TWLJ SEASON 12 CHAMPION
                  TWLD SEASON 12 CHAMPION
                  KISS MY RINGS

1:Eelam> http://i31.tinypic.com/2vjskt2.jpg
                  1:Eelam> 3:TagMor> meh, i get girls regardless
                  1:Eelam> ROFLMAO

Comment

Just try to keep up rookie. I was playing TWL before you graduated terrorist school. If you don't like reading what I have to say, then don't read it. I get harassed Sunday nights being asked to write it by a bunch of people, so your opinion means about as much to me as the box of condoms in your drawer mean to you.

Comment

My feelings are hurt.

Comment

re: lf

sometimes something is better than nothing, hence the harassment. personally i think you could tone it down on your criticism, especially when you're talking about teams that won. you don't always have to find 5 things wrong with a game and 1 good thing. so yeah, you could be a bit more positive and a tad less self involved, but hey, maybe it's not your style. i know i find myself reading this in full every week still, and your dedication to that is more than i can say for myself.

re: ray

tbqh you are the worst spider in tw.
                        Originally posted by turmio
                        jeenyuss seemingly without reason if he didn't have clean flours in his bag.
                        Originally posted by grand
                        I've been afk eating an apple and watching the late night news...

Comment

Ya see, thats good criticism. I will make an effort next week to be nicer in my HoN.

Royst, my bad man.

Comment

Originally posted by Lizard Fuel View Post
                            Ya see, thats good criticism. I will make an effort next week to be nicer in my HoN.

Royst, my bad man.
                            hey fu saying luck was bad, i mean they had me and every game i played in we won, it was at least decent when i played, not my fault i didn't play all 3 leagues thats dreamwins, cuz im like a 4 leaf clover when playing
                            RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
                            RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

Originally posted by Exalt View Post
                              im like a 4 leaf clover when playing
                              yeah, all luck no skill.

OH SHI- DONE IN BY A BASERGAF MAU'FUARA?
                              Originally posted by turmio
                              jeenyuss seemingly without reason if he didn't have clean flours in his bag.
                              Originally posted by grand
                              I've been afk eating an apple and watching the late night news...

Comment

Working...
                              X