week 6 updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• week 6 updates

after this week, two more teams will be eliminated and playoffs will begin. with three 8-7 teams and two 7-8 teams, i expect some good games.

clearing up the playoff format

since the rules are a little bit vague on this, allow me to clarify it. playoffs will use a standard 1v4/2v3 format. seeds will be determined first by records on a division-by-division basis, then by +/- within a specific division in case of a tie. if +/- cannot successfully break the tie, head-to-head within that division will be used instead.

now for some possible playoff scenarios. you generally see this sort of thing scrolling along the bottom of the screen during week 17 of the nfl season. take these with a grain of salt, i'm just doing them for fun.

playoff update

top5squad is locked into the playoffs. they can clinch the #1 seed in twdt-j in any of the following scenarios:
    • they win their twdt-j match and spiral is eliminated.
    • top5squad wins their twdt-j match and spiral loses theirs.
    • top5squad and spiral's twdt-j matches have identical outcomes, and spiral fails to make up at least 21 points in +/-.

top5squad can also clinch the #1 seed in twdt-b under the following conditions:
    • spiral AND buncha freqs get eliminated.
    • top5squad win AND spiral loss (buncha freqs loss is implied, as top5squad is playing against them).
    • top5squad and spiral have identical match outcomes, and top5squad's margin of victory/defeat is at least 5:21 better than spiral's.

finally, there are only two ways for top5squad to clinch the #1 seed in twdt-d:
    • burger nipples gets eliminated.
    • top5squad win AND burger nipples loss, with top5squad making up at least 59 points in +/- (essentially this would require two huge blowouts).

to close out this week's updates, only three transactions took place:

drops

ffe removed from burger nipples

acquisitions

mega newbie and tim added to top5squad

good luck to all the teams fighting for a playoff spot, and to top5squad in their quest for the #1 seeds.
    Last edited by PH; 08-31-2008, 07:12 AM.
    Originally posted by Tone
    It is now time for the energy shift of the 7th root race to manifest on the 3D physical plane and uplift us back to 5D.
    Originally posted by the_paul
    Gargle battery acid fuckface
    Originally posted by Material Girl
    I tried downloading a soundcard

we're probably top 5 squad in twdt
    Gripe> apok is good but he's completely wasted his youth playing this game

Comment

you better hope we lose base and javs newbie..cause with us here you arent winning wbs
      I'm just a middle-aged, middle-eastern camel herdin' man
      I got a 2 bedroom cave here in North Afghanistan

Comment

everything's been pushed back a week, i'm not asking players to stick around for the other divisions since i don't even know if the server will be fixed by then.

oh, and no transactions will be allowed this week since no games were played.
        Originally posted by Tone
        It is now time for the energy shift of the 7th root race to manifest on the 3D physical plane and uplift us back to 5D.
        Originally posted by the_paul
        Gargle battery acid fuckface
        Originally posted by Material Girl
        I tried downloading a soundcard

Comment

burger nipps aint even close to us in wbs now that we have mega newbie
          and bike using a laptop
          and
          and
          and
          we're probabaly top 5 squad in twdt
          TWLD CHAMP - STRAY (SORT OF)

Comment

Working...
          X