How can I make my own arena?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can I make my own arena?

I have found a tutorial for making a custom map, but I would like to know how that map gets online, so people in TW can type ?go wherever and play in it. That's my main question.

Other questions:

Can my custom arena have a bot in it for resetting map properties (such as the flag)? Can I make my own bots do things like warp all players or keep track of stats? Where can I find more info?

Are there any helpful suggestions for recruiting people to play? Is my only resort to spam the chat with obnoxious pleas? Can I get an automated blurb for publicity in the pub arenas now and then?

I will probably have more questions as I go, but if someone could help me with these, or point me to a source with more information, I'd appreciate it.
    Originally posted by Crunchy Nut
    2d spaceships nobody gives a shit

Talk to someone like Dads Revenge Or The Unliked One <ER> in game
    Devest.proboards.com

2:Lance> OMG
    2:Lance> BCG is afking in my arena
    2:Master of Dragons> you got steve'd

Creator/Co-Creator of:

?go Prisonbreak, Twcountry, Hathunt, Treehunt, Birthday, Divbase, Defense, Devest, Trifecta, CSDOM, Brickbase, Sharkball, HateBase, Hatetf, Assassin, JavTerror, JavHunt, XmasZombies.

New Maps are in production...

Comment

If you want to submit a map, send an email with the arena and settings file to TWmaps@gmail.com

Comment

Sounds like you're interested in joining the TWDev team. Talk to dads revenge for more information.
        SSCU Trench Wars Super Moderator
        SSCU Trench Wars Bot/Web Developer

Stayon> That type of thing, when you're married for 50 years but you know you fucked up when you dropped chilli sause on your elitist rich boss, while crossing the cafeteria's lunch zone, getting you fired, because you were distracted admiring the cleaning lady's ass that you beated off to, when your sluggish wife and two retarted kids were asleep.

Comment

Dads Revenge The Unliked One... Riistar

are your best bets
          1:Underground> WHO THE FUK ARE THE WITH, EASE, WITH EASE, EASE JR.

Yojo?> And I keep arguing that when everyone else sees his stuff 3/10 of a second ahead of him, factoring in the 3/8 of a second it takes your brain to tell your hand to move, it's nothing to do with skill =/

1:zidane> they dont wanna play vs. u dald
          1:B4sERmaN75_X> dald youve been blacklisted by pirates gg

1:Ease> fucking stupid newbie sitting out of base for half an hour, then you finally come in and fire shots at 1000 mphl

Comment

Private arenas are generally only used for meetings such as TWMAPDEV, Staff, Upper Staff and so on. other ways to get your arena in would be to have it be your squads arena or a hostable event. All maps are uploaded to Trench Wars DEV zone for testing first to work the bugs out. After that they are checked again for any settings problems and then they get uploaded to Trench Wars.
            ?find dads revenge

Comment

What about changing ship settings, like recharge rate, rate of fire, type and number of powerups available, etc.? Or bouncy bullets / bombs?

At least while I'm messing around and getting the hang of things, I wouldn't intend for my hacky maps to be worth anyone's time to test or become public. I would be content to just be able to invite some friends to screw around.
              Originally posted by Crunchy Nut
              2d spaceships nobody gives a shit

Comment

http://wiki.minegoboom.com/index.php/Complete_Settings

This is the basic breakdown of a .cfg file it is the settings for an arena. If you are running your own server you can modify this file directly or name it directly for a specific arena.
                ?find dads revenge

Comment

Originally posted by dads revenge View Post
                  http://wiki.minegoboom.com/index.php/Complete_Settings

This is the basic breakdown of a .cfg file it is the settings for an arena. If you are running your own server you can modify this file directly or name it directly for a specific arena.
                  http://wiki.minegoboom.com/index.php/Cfg_file

Alot more detail in these ones
                  2:Galaxy Turbo> Jab?
                  2:TWDevChat2> JabJabJab> what...
                  2:Galaxy Turbo> Who would be your dream woman?
                  2:Unliked <ER>> i bet kim
                  2:Galaxy Turbo> Lol...
                  2:TWDevChat2> JabJabJab> afk
                  --
                  1:TWDevChat2> JabJabJab> <-- Life
                  1:TWDevChat2> JabJabJab> GG

Comment

Working...
                  X