Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestions for Weekend Madness

Eventually people run out of ideas, so here are a few that I have:
    • The closer your energy is to 0, the faster your ship goes.
    • All bullets can bounce off walls one time, either by default or as a green.
    • Close quarters: Every ship can stealth (but not cloak, except weasel). Standard ships have X-radar. Stealth disables recharge. I suspect this would shift the game away from warbirds.
    • Radar skills: Every ship can cloak (but not stealth, except weasel). Cloak prevents recharge and is disabled when firing.
    • All right turns: Turn right at normal speed, but if you push left arrow, you turn right at 1.5X or 2X turning speed. To make a left turn, you have to spin 270 degrees to the right, or 90 degrees right and fly backward. It would be a weekend of whining, but what else is new?
    • All ships fire out of their butt.
    • Backward thrust is 30% faster than forward thrust.
    • Ships can attach to lancasters, but only 1 or 2 ships per lanc turret. Lancs and terriers can't attach to lancs until they hit 20 bounty.
    • The Unliked One's map, which I still wish would become the full-time map
    • Allow ships to green Thor's Hammer and Brick. Because people would seal the flag room, it would probably be good to make the weasel able to fit through cracks, or all ships small like in a previous weekend).
    Anyone have other ideas to contribute? I can probably come up with more.

I also suggest inviting people to the forums in-game to comment on Weekend Madness, maybe vote from a few options for the next one, just as a means of getting more people involved in the forums and increasing their utility. That would also allow for the occasional repeat, for example if dads revenge felt like offering Nightwasp weekend again.
    Last edited by CaptainPoopface; 09-14-2008, 07:05 AM.
    Originally posted by Crunchy Nut
    2d spaceships nobody gives a shit

Meow meowwww.
    Last edited by FozzY2K; 01-07-2013, 06:44 PM.
    Mmmmrrrrrow meow meeeeowww mew meow. ~swishes tails~ =^.^=

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainPoopface View Post
      • The closer your energy is to 0, the faster your ship goes.
      Can't be done
      • All bullets can bounce off walls one time, either by default or as a green.
      Either bounce or not for bullets. Bombs can have exact bounce count.
      • Close quarters: Every ship can stealth (but not cloak, except weasel). Standard ships have X-radar. Stealth disables recharge. I suspect this would shift the game away from warbirds.
      Can be done, for basing it would be a fail. As for a event, could work.
      • Radar skills: Every ship can cloak (but not stealth, except weasel). Cloak prevents recharge and is disabled when firing.
      Can be done, for basing it would be a fail. As for a event, could work.
      • All right turns: Turn right at normal speed, but if you push left arrow, you turn right at 1.5X or 2X turning speed. To make a left turn, you have to spin 270 degrees to the right, or 90 degrees right and fly backward. It would be a weekend of whining, but what else is new?
      Can't be done
      • All ships fire out of their butt.
      Yes, this could work even in base. Give a slight challenge to everyone. Perhaps next trick or treat map.
      • Backward thrust is 30% faster than forward thrust.
      Can't be done
      • Ships can attach to lancasters, but only 1 or 2 ships per lanc turret. Lancs and terriers can't attach to lancs until they hit 20 bounty.
      Pointless
      • The Unliked One's map, which I still wish would become the full-time map
      Only if I can modifie the map some more.
      • Allow ships to green Thor's Hammer and Brick. Because people would seal the flag room, it would probably be good to make the weasel able to fit through cracks, or all ships small like in a previous weekend).
      One thor to blow up the whole fr... Not really a good idea.

Only if TW was running on ASSS, some would be possible then.
      2:Galaxy Turbo> Jab?
      2:TWDevChat2> JabJabJab> what...
      2:Galaxy Turbo> Who would be your dream woman?
      2:Unliked <ER>> i bet kim
      2:Galaxy Turbo> Lol...
      2:TWDevChat2> JabJabJab> afk
      --
      1:TWDevChat2> JabJabJab> <-- Life
      1:TWDevChat2> JabJabJab> GG

Comment

Decoy Weekend- 1 decoy every minute
        Combo Bounty Weekend (dont know if possible) -Every person you kill adds their bounty to yours. Highest Bounty earns a prize
        Distension Weekend- Put them up
        Devest.proboards.com

2:Lance> OMG
        2:Lance> BCG is afking in my arena
        2:Master of Dragons> you got steve'd

Creator/Co-Creator of:

?go Prisonbreak, Twcountry, Hathunt, Treehunt, Birthday, Divbase, Defense, Devest, Trifecta, CSDOM, Brickbase, Sharkball, HateBase, Hatetf, Assassin, JavTerror, JavHunt, XmasZombies.

New Maps are in production...

Comment

• Allow ships to green Thor's Hammer and Brick.
          thors are a bad idea, but bricks would be neat.

Originally posted by HateTheFake View Post
          Decoy Weekend- 1 decoy every minute
          Combo Bounty Weekend (dont know if possible) -Every person you kill adds their bounty to yours. Highest Bounty earns a prize
          i like the decoy idea, don't think the bounty thing would work though.

Comment

Well, Nightwasp weekend destroyed basing, but it was still a decent event. I don't think ideas should be ruled out just because they make basing less plausible. If you green a Thor's Hammer about as often as full charge or shrap or whatever, then it would be once in a while and unexpected. Far less detrimental to basing than lev bomb and Nightwasp bomb prox, in my opinion. I suggested Thor + Brick because there is some balance with both.

I think decoys would be really obnoxious... Doesn't seem fun to me.

For bouncy weekend: Give every ship a bomb with characterstics as similar as possible to the ship's bullets, and take away bullets.

More ideas (remember, these are weekend only):
            • Flip the existing map about the east-west axis, so the flag room is south and the spawn zone is north. You could also flip the map left-to-right in addition, although I think top-to-bottom is more important. I'm assuming the existing map could be easily flipped with some kind of script or simple edit.
            • Afterburner does not deplete energy.
            • When you die, you respawn as a ship other than the one you died as. You can change to any ship except your previous ship until you die again. Probably a bot would handle this and staunch 1-ship-for-life players (*COUGH* warbirds) would hate it, but trying other ships is good and suffering builds character. Musical chairs variation: You must play every other ship at least once before playing the original ship you died as. Somewhat cruel but would discourage instant suicide for dogmatic single-shippers, and maybe even people who hate weasel might concede that it is nerfed into oblivion by its current settings.
            • Every ship can green or buy a portal.
            • Every ship can green or buy a rocket.
            • Implement damage downgrades - losing turn speed, gun damage, thrust, powerups, etc.
            • Javs have bomb prox but have thrust similar to levs, so essentially they must attach to terriers to be effective. This would mitigate the jav overpopulation and add a new element to the game. A terrier that did not want javs could just keep detaching them and leaving them helpless, and they'd switch out of jav.
            • New powerup: Rep Proof. If you activate Rep Proof, your ship and/or bullets/bombs are not affected by enemy reps. Drains energy. For those frustrating rounds when the game boils down to who has the most sharks. This should be possible, because reps currently ignore same-team projectiles.
            • Give each ship the guns of another but maintain all other ship characteristics (thrust, recharge rate, turn speed). For example, warbird has lancaster bullets but still handles like warbird, lev fires warbird bullet, lanc fires jav bullets, etc. Not the same thing as just changing ship animations.
            • Remove a ship entirely for a weekend. No warbirds this weekend. No spiders next weekend, etc. But leave the terriers.

Comment

we already have rep proof, just got to be brazilian to activate it -_-
              Devest.proboards.com

2:Lance> OMG
              2:Lance> BCG is afking in my arena
              2:Master of Dragons> you got steve'd

Creator/Co-Creator of:

?go Prisonbreak, Twcountry, Hathunt, Treehunt, Birthday, Divbase, Defense, Devest, Trifecta, CSDOM, Brickbase, Sharkball, HateBase, Hatetf, Assassin, JavTerror, JavHunt, XmasZombies.

New Maps are in production...

Comment

If everyship was given a bomb of some sort, and bullets were taken away, as mentioned in earlier post, it could be called Team Kill Weekend.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bounty View Post
                  If everyship was given a bomb of some sort, and bullets were taken away, as mentioned in earlier post, it could be called Team Kill Weekend.

No no no, the idea is to use bombs as a workaround for single-bounce bullets, since the game code does not seem to allow it. Bomb explosion prox damage could be disabled, and bomb animations could be switched to bullet animations. To the players, it would look exactly like single-bounce bullets, even though the projectiles are actually coded as bombs.

Comment

I say change the ships into their corresponding names. ie spider=spider shark = shark. Warbird=.....hawk? javelin=...a javelin of some sort. Like in the olympics. Levi = the Juggernaut from Xmen(close enough and funny to boot).... weasel = ferret.... Is that all of them? Oh yeah... terrier = a puppy. hah.
                    sigpic

1:Shaun> if my girlfriend had a dick
                    1:Shaun> mmmm

Comment

Originally posted by Kahlan View Post
                      I say change the ships into their corresponding names. ie spider=spider shark = shark. Warbird=.....hawk? javelin=...a javelin of some sort. Like in the olympics. Levi = the Juggernaut from Xmen(close enough and funny to boot).... weasel = ferret.... Is that all of them? Oh yeah... terrier = a puppy. hah.
                      and that ship in your signature? a graphic of a city/county? i don't think so
                      .fffffffff_____
                      .fffffff/f.\ f/.ff\
                      .ffffff|ff __fffff|
                      .fffffff\______/
                      .ffffff/ffff.ffffff\
                      .fffff|fffff.fffffff|
                      .fffff\________/
                      .fff/fffffff.ffffffff\
                      .ff|ffffffff.fffffffff|
                      .ff|ffffffff.fffffffff|
                      .ff\ffffffffffffffffff/
                      .fff\__________/

Comment

dont need any of this 'Weekend Madness' imo
                        1:Kthx> Hey Cower ill let you play the next game if you can name me five medieval weapons.
                        1:Cower> Sword
                        1:Kthx> ok
                        1:Cower> Axe
                        1:Kthx> WAIT, YOU GOT IT
                        1:Cower> ?
                        1:Kthx> GET OFF THE CHAT

Comment

[IMG] [/IMG]
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X