Is TWD getting reset ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is TWD getting reset ?

it was once commented that the TWD scores were all going to be reset once the TWL league was starting...

is that going to happen now?

or is it just going to continue on as per
    Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

bump?

any idea when?
    Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Comment

I dont have any idea.
      Brian stroming
      NTC Owner

Comment

Not sure when, but it will happen. The scores would get stupidly high otherwise.

Comment

here's the plan:

TWD will continue during TWL. A few weeks before TWL ends, we (TWD staff) will start our own finals for the top X TWD squads.

So, TWD ends right when TWL ends. Both leagues will have winning squads. TWD rating will get reset, and we'll start over the exact same process.

Comment

Originally posted by Mythrandir
            here's the plan:

TWD will continue during TWL.
            so nothing is changing with the scores? if you play TWL squads to get better then you suffer in TWD?

there was another thread discussing how point systems would work for non-twl squads playing twl squads....

but we now are trying to elevate our game by playing squads in TWL.....but it does mean we slide down the TWD ladder.....

does that cost us a shot down the road if a twl slot opens up? or does the slot go based on the rankings at the TWL deadline?

Originally posted by Mythrandir
            A few weeks before TWL ends, we (TWD staff) will start our own finals for the top X TWD squads.

So, TWD ends right when TWL ends. Both leagues will have winning squads. TWD rating will get reset, and we'll start over the exact same process.

why not reset the TWD scores now? they are all inflated from the TWL squads that played anyways....they really arent a true representation of TWD squads that are in there now
            Last edited by Bosshawk; 04-23-2003, 01:20 PM.

Comment

I don't see why. TWL squads will be filtered from the TWD ladder when TWL begins. For a new squad it is very easy to reach the top, if they're active.

Comment

right...... but squads that play the twl squads are going to drop in the ladder.......

we went ahead and started playing TWL squads a lot the last week or two under the understanding that TWD was going to be reset without the TWL squads being in there lol

oh well no biggie....but are they still going to change the points as they were discussing in another thread? so that TWD squads can play TWL squads for experience, but have less risk as by all rights they "shouldnt" be winning those matches....

Comment

But if you do play a TWL squad, they will be near the top of the ladder and the TWD will be further down so you wouldn't lose much points if you did lose, but if you won you'd win lots.

Comment

will some squads in twl be "relegated" ? so the winners of twd can fill those spots...
                    Originally posted by Tyson
                    There is no such thing as hoologians there are only football supporters.
                    Originally posted by HeavenSent
                    Hello? Ever tried to show a Muslim a picture of Mohammed? I dare anyone to try. You will die.
                    Originally posted by Izor
                    Women should never be working in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by Mantra-Slider
                      will some squads in twl be "relegated" ? so the winners of twd can fill those spots...
                      I believe the current plan is that the bottom 5 squads in each TWL Divison will not be offered invitations to return to that divison next season leaving at least 5 slots open for those same squads and new squads to fight over in TWD.
                      I'd rather be SubSpacing.

Comment

Originally posted by NaiLed
                        But if you do play a TWL squad, they will be near the top of the ladder and the TWD will be further down so you wouldn't lose much points if you did lose, but if you won you'd win lots.

kinda funny we play BS or NS or Paladen right now and we would lose more points then they would if they lost to us

Comment

Originally posted by Bosshawk
                          right...... but squads that play the twl squads are going to drop in the ladder.......

only if you lose.
                          http://www.trenchwars.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15100 - Gallileo's racist thread

"Mustafa sounds like someone that likes to fly planes into buildings." -Galleleo

Comment

you guys don't realize that you lose alot less points in the rating system by losing to a top ranked/twl squad than by losing to a crap squad ranked lower than you.

there was a point during twd that every time we lost to elusive we lost 4 rating points in the twd ladder. i think 4 points is well worth the practice.
                            Philos> I both hate you and like you more than anyone in this game randedl
                            Philos> there is something about you
                            Philos> You're like the wife i'd love to fuck, but beat every night after work

PhaTz> we should all wear t-shirts that says "I WAS THERE WHEN RANDEDL LOST TWLD" and on the back, "TWICE"

Comment

Originally posted by Randedl
                              you guys don't realize that you lose alot less points in the rating system by losing to a top ranked/twl squad than by losing to a crap squad ranked lower than you.

there was a point during twd that every time we lost to elusive we lost 4 rating points in the twd ladder. i think 4 points is well worth the practice.
                              i agree with you rand believe it or not...

but that is if your score is a few hundred points below the team your playing, but not if your within 100 points of them

everytime we play a TWL squad and lose we are dropping 25-30 points (unless maybe it was against one of the top 3-4 squads)

but if a squad is within 100-150 points they still drop 20-30 points....thats all.....

now although they arent being set, i was told that they may change the system to reduce the points lost while playing a TWL squad and that seems fair

Comment

Working...
                              X