The inefficient rating system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The inefficient rating system

There should be an more elaborate rating system. These newbies are getting to #1 by playing all the other newbies. Cant there be a thing implemented in the system that if you play < 200 pts below, you automatically drop 100 rating pts?
    I found a nickel and I bought a fishing pole, Then I sold some fish, got a raft, fished more, sold massive fish, sold raft, bought a ship, hired a first mate (awesome), picked up a crew, won TWL.....

http://pirates.exquisitehosting.com/...ercules_02.gif

You're too dumb to make any kind of sense herc!
    7:Randedl> afk, putting on makeup
    1:Rough> is radiation an element?
    8:Rasta> i see fro as bein one of those guys on campus singing to girls tryin to get in their pants $ ez
    Broly> your voice is like a instant orgasm froe
    Piston> I own in belim
    6: P H> i fucked a dude in the ass once

Comment

Little buddhist the #1 dueler with a 53 streak in warbirds refuses to duel me because he only duels people he knows. With as much possible disrespect to him, I am suggesting hes not actually this good.

Can we change the system so either:

1> Fun and competitive duels can take place. Fun duels act as normal duels but make no difference to your statistics, there for allowing people to duel people they know all they like without ruining a ladder based system.
      2> If someone is in the top 100, they are only allowed to challenge people who are within 50 rank places above or below their own and inactive duelers arent shown on the ladder.

If possible both ideas would improve the league vastly.
      Ogron - "Lifetime Achievement Award recipient for 10* attitude [Ardour]"

ranked #2 in ogrons signature of: TWL's most irrelevant nobodies pubtrash bozos with 0 titles.

TWLD Season 19 #70th Best Warbird
      TWLB Season 19 #56th Best Spider

TW Greatest no-shipper 2002 - Present

Comment

Agreed.

People are such pussies. I literally challenge Little Buddhist 100x a day and he always ends up playing xOn00b0X

Comment

http://www.trenchwars.org/TWEL/index...ofile&id=67292

ya his list of opponents doesnt seem too hard.
          1:CrazyKillah> oder if i olny knew u irl u would be dead and i would be in jail

menomena> did you get to see the end of the steelers greenbay game though
          JAMAL> yeah you dumb fat faggot, was good ending

1:Cape> Why did u axe req
          1:cripple> I'm very religious, and my new years revolution was to make this squad a better one, so I kept with my resolution and axed req.
          http://big-dicked.mybrute.com/

Comment

I will look into making a new formula for the next season.

This season lets worry about actually HAVING a season completed. Then worry about fine tuning.

-H.M.S. Stargazer
            Event Coordination Team

Comment

Duel becomes a casual thing after awhile that people use to settle a dispute in public (if they dont duel at one of the safes) or bored squadies. To keep it competitive we need a season to have a start and end date from the off. Then competitors will know how long they have got to get up the ladder in time for play-offs.

Shame it cant be more like boxing. The season so to speak, never ends. but there are belts that can be won. like best dueler to 10, best dueler to 5, best dueler to 25 etc. And to challenge a belt holder you need to be high enough in the ladder, say top 10. It could be made compulsory that a belt holder has to go to duel at least once a week and wait for 1 hour straight and if any of the top 10 are around, can challenge them and they cant reject the challenge. If this sounds like a good way forward I can think up a whole system for it. Just thought showering
              Ogron - "Lifetime Achievement Award recipient for 10* attitude [Ardour]"

ranked #2 in ogrons signature of: TWL's most irrelevant nobodies pubtrash bozos with 0 titles.

TWLD Season 19 #70th Best Warbird
              TWLB Season 19 #56th Best Spider

TW Greatest no-shipper 2002 - Present

Comment

Originally posted by Ardour View Post
                Little buddhist the #1 dueler with a 53 streak in warbirds refuses to duel me because he only duels people he knows. With as much possible disrespect to him, I am suggesting hes not actually this good.

Can we change the system so either:

1> Fun and competitive duels can take place. Fun duels act as normal duels but make no difference to your statistics, there for allowing people to duel people they know all they like without ruining a ladder based system.
                2> If someone is in the top 100, they are only allowed to challenge people who are within 50 rank places above or below their own and inactive duelers arent shown on the ladder.

If possible both ideas would improve the league vastly.
                yeah good ideas , as you say you could add in a rating and unrating option to the challenge and the rating will only be applied if certain criteria are met like pts difference etc ..

also stop the auto zoners going <name> is on a spree ?go duel to beat him!

those zoners should take into consdieration who the player is beating, if they are accepting all challengers fair enough but if they are just feeding off the bottom then i don't want green messages telling me someone is laming ...
                In my world,
                I am King

sigpic

Comment

Ardour those are some really awesome ideas. I had ideas similar to those for years. The dueling league can be made much better than it is right now.

As for some of those other top 5 guys not dueling anybody, you are right. That pee pee sock guy refused to duel me cuz he is garbage. Same thing with little buddhist. I'm in top 5 and I accept any challenge that someone makes to me.
                  3:Steadman> ive been a leader in every league of legends and basketball game ive ever played in

Comment

Working...
                  X